- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 505983, 13 pages
Modeling and Design of a Nano Scale CMOS Inverter for Symmetric Switching Characteristics
1A. K. Choudhury School of Information Technology, University of Calcutta, Kolkata 700009, India
2Institute of Radio Physics and Electronics, University of Calcutta, Kolkata 700009, India
Received 12 October 2011; Revised 11 January 2012; Accepted 26 January 2012
Academic Editor: Chien-In Henry Chen
Copyright © 2012 Joyjit Mukhopadhyay and Soumya Pandit. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. M. Rabaey, A. Chandrakasan, and B. Nikolic, Digital Integrated Circuits, Pearson Education, 2004.
- R. A. Rutenbar, G. G. E. Gielen, and J. Roychowdhury, “Hierarchical modeling, optimization, and synthesis for system-level analog and RF designs,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 95, no. 3, Article ID 4167778, pp. 640–669, 2007.
- T. Sakurai and A. R. Newton, “Delay analysis of series-connected MOSFET circuits,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 122–131, 1991.
- L. Bisdounis, S. Nikolaidis, and O. Koufopavlou, “Analytical transient response and propagation delay evaluation of the CMOS inverter for short-channel devices,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 302–306, 1998.
- J. L. Rosselló and J. Segura, “An analytical charge-based compact delay model for submicrometer CMOS inverters,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 51, no. 7, pp. 1301–1311, 2004.
- Y. Wang and M. Zwolinski, “Analytical transient response and propagation delay model for nanoscale CMOS inverter,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS'09), pp. 2998–3001, 2009.
- S. Miryala, B. Kaur, B. Anand, and S. Manhas, “Efficient nanoscale VLSI standard cell library characterization using a novel delay model,” in Proceedings of the 12th International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design, (ISQED '11), pp. 458–463, 2011.
- S. P. Boyd, S. J. Kim, D. D. Patil, and M. A. Horowitz, “Digital circuit optimization via geometric programming,” Operations Research, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 899–932, 2005.
- R. A. Vural, O. Der, and T. Yildirim, “Particle swarm optimization based inverter design considering transient performance,” Digital Signal Processing, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 1215–1220, 2010.
- R. A. Vural, O. Der, and T. Yildirim, “Investigation of particle swarm optimization for switching characterization of inverter design,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 38, pp. 5696–5703, 2010.
- M. Avci, M. Y. Babac, and T. Yildirim, “Neural network based MOSFET channel length and width decision method for analogue integrated circuits,” International Journal of Electronics, vol. 92, no. 5, pp. 281–293, 2005.
- N. Kahraman and T. Yildirim, “Technology independent circuit sizing for fundamental analog circuits using artificial neural networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th Ph.D. Research in Microelectronics and Electronics Conference (PRIME'08), pp. 1–4, June 2008.
- G. Wolfe and R. Vemuri, “Extraction and use of neural network models in automated synthesis of operational amplifiers,” IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 198–212, 2003.
- S. Haykin, Neural Networks and Learning Machines, Pearson Education, 2009.
- W. Zhao and Y. Cao, “New generation of predictive technology model for sub-45 nm early design exploration,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 53, no. 11, pp. 2816–2823, 2006.
- L. Kuipers and H. Niederreiter, Uniform Distribution of Sequences, Dover Publications, 2006.
- S. K. Mandal, S. Sural, and A. Patra, “ANN- and PSO-based synthesis of on-chip spiral inductors for RF ICs,” IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 188–192, 2008.