- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 987209, 17 pages
Adaptivity Support for MPSoCs Based on Process Migration in Polyhedral Process Networks
1LIACS, Leiden University, 2333 CA Leiden, The Netherlands
2ALaRI, Faculty of Informatics, University of Lugano, 6904 Lugano, Switzerland
3DIEE, Faculty of Engineering, University of Cagliari, 09123 Cagliari, Italy
Received 30 August 2011; Accepted 25 October 2011
Academic Editor: Luigi Raffo
Copyright © 2012 Emanuele Cannella et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Verdoolaege, “Polyhedral Process Networks,” in Handbook on Signal Processing Systems, Springer, 2010.
- G. Kahn, “The semantics of a simple language for parallel programming,” in Proceedings of the IFIP Congress on Information Processing, J. L. Rosenfeld, Ed., pp. 471–475, North-Holland, New York, NY, USA, 1974.
- G. De Micheli and L. Benini, Networks on Chips: Technology and Tools, Morgan Kaufmann, 2006.
- T. L. Casavant and J. G. Kuhl, “A taxonomy of scheduling in generalpurpose distributed computing systems,” IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 141–154, 1988.
- J. M. Smith, “A survey of process migration mechanisms,” SIGOPS Operating Systems Review, vol. 22, pp. 28–40.
- D. S. Milojičić, F. Douglis, Y. Paindaveine, R. Wheeler, and S. Zhou, “Process migration,” ACM Computing Surveys, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 241–299, 2000.
- V. Nollet, D. Verkest, and H. Corporaal, “A safari through the MPSoC run-time management jungle,” Journal of Signal Processing Systems, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 251–268, 2010.
- G. M. Almeida, G. Sassatelli, P. Benoit, et al., “An adaptive message passing MPSoC framework,” International Journal of Reconfigurable Computing, vol. 2009, Article ID 242981, 20 pages, 2009.
- S. Bertozzi, A. Acquaviva, D. Bertozzi, and A. Poggiali, “Supporting task migration in multi-processor systems-on-chip: a feasibility study,” in Proceedings of the Design, Automation and Test in Europe (DATE '06), pp. 15–20, March 2006.
- A. Acquaviva, A. Alimonda, S. Carta, and M. Pittau, “Assessing task migration impact on embedded soft real-time streaming multimedia applications,” Eurasip Journal on Embedded Systems, vol. 2008, Article ID 518904, 15 pages, 2008.
- S. Verdoolaege, H. Nikolov, and T. Stefanov, “pn: a tool for improved derivation of process networks,” Eurasip Journal on Embedded Systems, vol. 2007, Article ID 75947, 13 pages, 2007.
- W. Thies and S. Amarasinghe, “An empirical characterization of stream programs and its implications for language and compiler design,” in Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Parallel Architectures and Compilation Techniques, pp. 365–376, 2010.
- E. A. Lee and D. G. Messerschmitt, “Synchronous data flow,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 75, no. 9, pp. 1235–1245, 1987.
- H. Nikolov, T. Stefanov, and E. Deprettere, “Systematic and automated multiprocessor systen design, programming, and implementation,” IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 542–555, 2008.
- A. Nieuwland, J. Kang, O. P. Gangwal et al., “C-HEAP: a heterogeneous multi-processor architecture template and scalable and flexible protocol for the design of embedded signal processing systems,” Design Automation for Embedded Systems, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 233–270, 2002.
- S. Kwon, Y. Kim, W. C. Jeun, S. Ha, and Y. Paek, “A retargetable parallel-programming framework for MPSoC,” ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 1–18, 2008.
- I. Bacivarov, W. Haid, K. Huang, and L. Thiele, “Methods and tools for mapping process networks onto multi-processor Systems-On-Chip,” in Handbook of Signal Processing Systems, S. S. Bhattacharyya, E. F. Deprettere, R. Leupers, and J. Takala, Eds., pp. 1007–1040, Springer, 2010.
- W. Haid, L. Schor, K. Huang, I. Bacivarov, and L. Thiele, “Efficient execution of Kahn Process Networks on multi-processor systems using protothreads and windowed FIFOs,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Workshop on Embedded Systems for Real-Time Multimedia (ESTIMedia '09), pp. 35–44, IEEE, Grenoble, France, 2009.
- W. Haid, K. Huang, I. Bacivarov, and L. Thiele, “Multiprocessor SoC software design flows: a focus on Kahn process networks,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 64–71, 2009.
- “Multicore associations communication API,” http://www.multicore-association.org/.
- “A high performance message passing library,” http://www.open-mpi.org/.
- O. Derin, E. Diken, and L. Fiorin, “A middleware approach to achieving fault-tolerance of Kahn Process Networks on networks-on-chips,” International Journal of Reconfigurable Computing, vol. 2011, Article ID 295385, 14 pages, 2011.
- D. Nadezhkin, S. Meijer, T. Stefanov, and E. Deprettere, “Realizing FIFO communication when mapping Kahn process networks onto the cell,” in Proceedings of the Proceedings of the 9th International Workshop on Embedded Computer Systems: Architectures, Modeling, and Simulation (SAMOS ’09), pp. 308–317, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2009.
- A. B. Nejad, K. Goossens, J. Walters, and B. Kienhuis, “Mapping KPN models of streaming applications on a network-on-chip platform,” in Proceedings of the Workshop on Signal Processing, Integrated Systems and Circuits (ProRISC '09), November 2009.
- M. Holenderski, M. M. van den Heuvel, R. J. Bril, and J. J. Lukkien, “Grasp: tracing, visualizing and measuring the behavior of real-time systems,” in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Analysis Tools and Methodologies for Embedded and Real-time Systems (WATERS '10), July 2010.