- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Veterinary Medicine International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 616318, 15 pages
On-Farm Mitigation of Transmission of Tuberculosis from White-Tailed Deer to Cattle: Literature Review and Recommendations
1National Wildlife Research Center, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Services, United States Department of Agriculture, 4101 LaPorte Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80521, USA
2US Geological Survey, Pennsylvania Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit, Pennsylvania State University, 403 Forest Resources Building, University Park, PA 16802, USA
3Missouri Department of Conservation, Resource Science Division, 551 Joe Jones Boulevard, West Plains, MO 65775, USA
4Animal Industry Division, Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Lansing, MI 48909, USA
Received 23 March 2012; Revised 16 July 2012; Accepted 17 July 2012
Academic Editor: Remo G. Lobetti
Copyright © 2012 W. David Walter et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Walter, Fischer, Anderson, Marks, Deliberto, Robbe-Austerman, and Vercauteren, “Surveillance and movements of Virginia opossum (Didelphis virginiana) in the bovine tuberculosis region of Michigan,” Epidemiology and Infection, vol. 141, no. 7, pp. 1498–1508, 2013.
- Danielle Gunn-Moore, “TB or not TB?,” Journal of Small Animal Practice, vol. 54, no. 12, pp. 617–619, 2013.
- J. Vicente, J. A. Barasona, N. Saklou, C. Gortazar, and K. C. VerCauteren, “Effectiveness of cattle operated bump gates and exclusion fences in preventing ungulate multi-host sanitary interaction,” Preventive Veterinary Medicine, vol. 111, no. 1-2, pp. 42–50, 2013.
- W. David Walter, Rick Smith, Mike Vanderklok, and Kurt C. VerCauteren, “Linking Bovine Tuberculosis on Cattle Farms to White-Tailed Deer and Environmental Variables Using Bayesian Hierarchical Analysis,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 3, 2014.
- B. Martínez-López, J.A. Barasona, C. Gortázar, V. Rodríguez-Prieto, J.M. Sánchez-Vizcaíno, and J. Vicente, “Farm-level risk factors for the occurrence, new infection or persistence of tuberculosis in cattle herds from South-Central Spain,” Preventive Veterinary Medicine, vol. 116, no. 3, pp. 268–278, 2014.
- R. Ghodbane, F. M. Medie, H. Lepidi, C. Nappez, and M. Drancourt, “Long-term survival of tuberculosis complex mycobacteria in soil,” Microbiology, vol. 160, no. Pt_3, pp. 496–501, 2014.
- Michael J. Lavelle, Henry Campa, Kyle LeDoux, Patrick J. Ryan, Justin W. Fischer, Kim M. Pepin, Chad R. Blass, Michael P. Glow, Scott E. Hygnstrom, and Kurt C. VerCauteren, “Deer response to exclusion from stored cattle feed in Michigan, USA,” Preventive Veterinary Medicine, vol. 121, no. 1-2, pp. 159–164, 2015.
- Christian Gortázar, Azlan Che Amat, and Daniel J. O'Brien, “Open questions and recent advances in the control of a multi-host infectious disease: animal tuberculosis,” Mammal Review, 2015.
- Ricardo Carrasco-Garcia, Jose Angel Barasona, Christian Gortazar, Vidal Montoro, Jose Manuel Sanchez-Vizcaino, and Joaquin Vicente, “Wildlife and livestock use of extensive farm resources in South Central Spain: implications for disease transmission,” European Journal of Wildlife Research, 2015.