- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Veterinary Medicine International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 616318, 15 pages
On-Farm Mitigation of Transmission of Tuberculosis from White-Tailed Deer to Cattle: Literature Review and Recommendations
1National Wildlife Research Center, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Services, United States Department of Agriculture, 4101 LaPorte Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80521, USA
2US Geological Survey, Pennsylvania Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit, Pennsylvania State University, 403 Forest Resources Building, University Park, PA 16802, USA
3Missouri Department of Conservation, Resource Science Division, 551 Joe Jones Boulevard, West Plains, MO 65775, USA
4Animal Industry Division, Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Lansing, MI 48909, USA
Received 23 March 2012; Revised 16 July 2012; Accepted 17 July 2012
Academic Editor: Remo G. Lobetti
Copyright © 2012 W. David Walter et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [4 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Walter, Fischer, Anderson, Marks, Deliberto, Robbe-Austerman, and Vercauteren, “Surveillance and movements of Virginia opossum (Didelphis virginiana) in the bovine tuberculosis region of Michigan,” Epidemiology and Infection, vol. 141, no. 7, pp. 1498–1508, 2013.
- K. C. VerCauteren, J. Vicente, N. Saklou, and C. Gortazar, “Effectiveness of cattle operated bump gates and exclusion fences in prevent ing ungulate multi-host sanitary interaction,” Preventive Veterinary Medicine, vol. 111, no. 1-2, pp. 42–50, 2013.
- Rick Smith, Mike Vanderklok, and Kurt C. VerCauteren, “Linking Bovine Tuberculosis on Cattle Farms to White-Tailed Deer and Enviro nmental Variables Using Bayesian Hierarchical Analysis,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 3, 2014.
- R. Ghodbane, F. M. Medie, H. Lepidi, C. Nappez, and M. Drancourt, “Long-term survival of tuberculosis complex mycobacteria in soil,” Microbiology, vol. 160, no. Pt_3, pp. 496–501, 2014.