- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Veterinary Medicine International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 850867, 6 pages
Ultrasound Determination of Gestational Age Using Placental Thickness in Female Dogs: An Experimental Study
1Department of Imaging Diagnostic, Federal University of São Paulo (UNIFESP), 05303-000 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
2Department of Obstetrics, Federal University of São Paulo (UNIFESP), 05303-000 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Received 12 March 2012; Revised 16 May 2012; Accepted 16 May 2012
Academic Editor: Remo G. Lobetti
Copyright © 2012 André Luiz Louzada Maldonado et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. G. Nyland, R. D. Park, J. C. Lattimer, J. L. Lebel, and C. W. Miller, “Grayscale ultrasonography of the canine abdomen,” Veterinary Radiology, vol. 22, pp. 220–227, 1981.
- R. W. Green, Small Animal Ultrasound, Lippincott-Raven, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1996.
- K. A. Spaulding, Small Animal Ultrasound: Shot Course, North Caroline State University, 1994.
- G. C. England, “Ultrasonographic assessment of abnormal pregnancy,” The Veterinary clinics of North America. Small animal practice, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 849–868, 1998.
- D. Zambelli and F. Prati, “Ultrasonography for pregnancy diagnosis and evaluation in queens,” Theriogenology, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 135–144, 2006.
- M. A. Miglino, C. E. Ambrósio, D. D. S. Martins, C. V. Wenceslau, C. Pfarrer, and R. Leiser, “The carnivore pregnancy: the development of the embryo and fetal membranes,” Theriogenology, vol. 66, no. 6-7, pp. 1699–1702, 2006.
- C. C. Cross, “Placental function in development and disease,” Reproduction, Fertility and Development, vol. 18, pp. 71–76, 2005.
- A. L. Maldonado, Assessment of Placenta by Ultrasound in Relationship Your Thickness in Female Dogs] [tesis], São Paulo, Brazil, Universidade Federal de São Paulo, Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior, http://www1.capes.gov.br/estudos/dados/2002/33009015/016/2002_016_33009015029P2_Teses.pdf, 2002.
- C. Akirav, Y. Lu, J. Mu et al., “Ultrasonic detection and developmental changes in calcification of the placenta during normal pregnancy in mice,” Placenta, vol. 26, no. 2-3, pp. 129–137, 2005.
- R. Petrucha, “Relationship of placental grade to gestation,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 70, article 353, 1987.
- P. A. T. Grannum, R. L. Berkowitz, and J. C. Hobbins, “The ultrasonic changes in the maturing placenta and their relation to fetal pulmonic maturity,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 133, no. 8, pp. 915–922, 1979.
- P. W. Callen, Ultra-sonografia em obstetrícia e ginecologia, Guanabara Koogan, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 3rd edition, 1994.
- M. A. Kutzler, A. E. Yeager, H. O. Mohammed, and V. N. Meyers-Wallen, “Accuracy of canine parturition date prediction using fetal measurements obtained by ultrasonography,” Theriogenology, vol. 60, no. 7, pp. 1309–1317, 2003.
- M. Beccaglia and G. C. Luvoni, “Ultrasonographic study during pregnancy of the growth of an encephalic portion in the canine foetus,” Veterinary Research Communications, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 161–164, 2004.
- M. Beccaglia and G. C. Luvoni, “Comparison of the accuracy of two ultrasonographic measurements in predicting the parturition date in the bitch,” Journal of Small Animal Practice, vol. 47, no. 11, pp. 670–673, 2006.
- A. H. Almeida, F. A. Sterman, and M. A. Miglino, “Sonographic measurement of the dimensions of the placenta in normal pregnancies in female dogs of the Boxer breed and its relation to the gestational age,” Brazilian Journal of Veterinary Research and Animal Science, vol. 40, pp. 136–140, 2003.