- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Veterinary Medicine International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 978501, 11 pages
Progress in Oral Vaccination against Tuberculosis in Its Main Wildlife Reservoir in Iberia, the Eurasian Wild Boar
1Instituto de Investigación de Recursos Cinegéticos, IREC (CSIC-UCLM-JCCM), Ronda de Toledo s/n, 13071 Ciudad Real, Spain
2Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Center for Veterinary Health Sciences, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
Received 7 February 2012; Accepted 8 May 2012
Academic Editor: Jesse M. Hostetter
Copyright © 2012 Beatriz Beltrán-Beck et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Catherine E. Cowie, Beatriz Beltran Beck, Christian Gortazar, Joaquin Vicente, Michael R. Hutchings, Dominic Moran, and Piran C. L. White, “Risk factors for the detected presence of Mycobacterium bovis in cattle in south central Spain,” European Journal of Wildlife Research, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 113–123, 2013.
- J. A. Barasona, C. E. Cowie, J. A. Drewe, C. Gortazar, I. Cotarelo, and J. Vicente, “Spatial and temporal interactions between livestock and wildlife in South C entral Spain assessed by camera traps,” Preventive Veterinary Medicine, vol. 112, no. 3-4, pp. 213–221, 2013.
- D. Risco, P. Fernández-Llario, W. L. García-Jiménez, P. Gonçalves, J. M. Cuesta, R. Martínez, C. Sanz, M. Sequeda, L. Gómez, J. Carranza, and J. Hermoso de Mendoza, “Influence of Porcine Circovirus Type 2 Infections on Bovine Tuberculosis in Wild Boar Populations,” Transboundary and Emerging Diseases, vol. 60, pp. 121–127, 2013.
- Hendrik-Jan Megens, Martien A. M. Groenen, Guillermo Ramis, Mirte Bosse, Miguel Perez-Enciso, and Richard P. M. A. Crooijmans, “Conservation genomic analysis of domestic and wild pig populations from the Iberian Peninsula,” Bmc Genetics, vol. 14, 2013.
- K. C. VerCauteren, J. Vicente, N. Saklou, and C. Gortazar, “Effectiveness of cattle operated bump gates and exclusion fences in prevent ing ungulate multi-host sanitary interaction,” Preventive Veterinary Medicine, vol. 111, no. 1-2, pp. 42–50, 2013.
- Beatriz Beltran-Beck, Joseba M. Garrido, Alicia Aranaz, Iker A. Sevilla, Mariana Boadella, Konstantin P. Lyashchenko, Ruth C. Galindo, Vidal Montoro, Lucas Dominguez, Ramon Juste, and Jose de la Fuente, “Oral re-vaccination of Eurasian wild boar with Mycobacterium bovis BCG yiel ds a strong protective response against challenge with a field strain,” Bmc Veterinary Research, vol. 10, 2014.
- Francesco Ferretti, Andrea Sforzi, Julia Coats, and Giovanna Massei, “The BOS™ as a species-specific method to deliver baits to wild boar in a Mediterranean area,” European Journal of Wildlife Research, 2014.
- Beatriz Beltran-Beck, Beatriz Romero, Iker A. Sevilla, Jose A. Barasona, Joseba M. Garrido, David Gonzalez-Barrio, Iratxe Diez-Delgado, Esmeralda Minguijon, Carmen Casal, Joaquin Vicente, and Christian Gortazar, “Assessment of an Oral Mycobacterium bovis BCG Vaccine and an Inactivated M. bovis Preparation for Wild Boar in Terms of Adverse Reactions, Vaccine Str ain Survival, and Uptake by Nontarget Species,” Clinical and Vaccine Immunology, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 12–20, 2014.
- Iratxe Díez-Delgado, Mariana Boadella, MariPaz Martín-Hernando, José Angel Barasona, Beatriz Beltrán-Beck, David González-Barrio, Marina Sibila, Joaquín Vicente, Joseba M. Garrido, Joaquim Segalés, and Christian Gortazar, “Complex Links between Natural Tuberculosis and Porcine Circovirus Type 2 Infection in Wild Boar,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–8, 2014.