- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Veterinary Medicine International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 154045, 8 pages
Selenium-Dependent Regulation of Oxidative Stress and Immunity in Periparturient Dairy Cattle
College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, 784 Wilson Road, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Received 11 September 2012; Accepted 24 December 2012
Academic Editor: Marta López-Alonso
Copyright © 2013 Lorraine M. Sordillo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Youcef Mehdi, Jean-Luc Hornick, Louis Istasse, and Isabelle Dufrasne, “Selenium in the Environment, Metabolism and Involvement in Body Functions,” Molecules, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 3292–3311, 2013.
- Mohd Iqbal Yatoo, Archana Saxena, Padinjare Melepad Deepa, Biju Peer Habeab, Sarita Devi, Ranbir Singh Jatav, and Umesh Dimri, “Role of trace elements in animals: a review,” Veterinary World, vol. 6, no. 12, pp. 963–967, 2013.
- P.S. Daundkar, and S. Rampal, “Evaluation of Ameliorative Potential of Selenium on Carbendazim induced Oxidative Stress in Male Goats,” Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology, 2014.
- M. L. S. Bicalho, F. S. Lima, E. K. Ganda, C. Foditsch, E. B. S. Meira, V. S. Machado, A. G. V. Teixeira, G. Oikonomou, R. O. Gilbert, and R. C. Bicalho, “Effect of trace mineral supplementation on selected minerals, energy metabolites, oxidative stress, and immune parameters and its association with uterine diseases in dairy cattle,” Journal of Dairy Science, vol. 97, no. 7, pp. 4281–4295, 2014.
- Lu Jin, Sumei Yan, Binlin Shi, Hongyun Bao, Jian Gong, Xiaoyu Guo, and Junliang Li, “Effects of vitamin A on the milk performance, antioxidant functions and immune functions of dairy cows,” Animal Feed Science and Technology, 2014.
- Youcef Mehdi, Jean-François Cabaraux, Jean-Luc Hornick, Louis Istasse, and Isabelle Dufrasne, “Selenium status in cattle herds in Wallonia (Belgium): overview and health management,” Veterinary World, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 1144–1149, 2014.
- A. Abuelo, J. Hernández, J. L. Benedito, and C. Castillo, “The importance of the oxidative status of dairy cattle in the periparturient period: revisiting antioxidant supplementation,” Journal of Animal Physiology and Animal Nutrition, 2014.
- Jian Gong, and Min Xiao, “Selenium and Antioxidant Status in Dairy Cows at Different Stages of Lactation,” Biological Trace Element Research, 2015.
- Nicole Ebner, Gabor Földes, Lutz Schomburg, Kostja Renko, Jochen Springer, Ewa A. Jankowska, Rakesh Sharma, Sabine Genth-Zotz, Wolfram Doehner, Stefan D. Anker, and Stephan von Haehling, “Lipopolysaccharide responsiveness is an independent predictor of death in patients with chronic heart failure,” Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology, 2015.
- Jana Konvičná, Mária Vargová, Iveta Paulíková, Gabriel Kováč, and Zuzana Kostecká, “Oxidative stress and antioxidant status in dairy cows during prepartal and postpartal periods,” Acta Veterinaria Brno, vol. 84, no. 2, pp. 133–140, 2015.
- T. Bayril, A. S. Yildiz, F. Akdemir, C. Yalcin, M. Köse, and O. Yilmaz, “The Technical and Financial Effects of Parenteral Supplementation with Selenium and Vitamin E during Late Pregnancy and the Early Lactation Period on the Productivity of Dairy Cattle,” Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences, vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 1133–1139, 2015.
- Saranika Talukder, Gianfranco Gabai, and Pietro Celi, “The use of digital infrared thermography and measurement of oxidative stress biomarkers as tools to diagnose foot lesions in sheep,” Small Ruminant Research, 2015.
- D. Haser, and M. Fürll, “Behavior of antioxidant parameters in young cattle during the course of the year,” Tierärztliche Praxis Ausgabe G: Großtiere / Nutztiere, vol. 43, no. 2, 2015.