- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Veterinary Medicine International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 232397, 7 pages
Protective Efficacy of the Calicivirus Valency of the Leucofeligen Vaccine against a Virulent Heterologous Challenge in Kittens
1R&D Department, Virbac, 13éme rue, LID, BP 27, 06511 Carros Cedex, France
2Medical Department, Virbac, 13éme rue, LID, BP 27, 06511 Carros Cedex, France
Received 19 February 2013; Revised 6 May 2013; Accepted 4 June 2013
Academic Editor: G. F. Browning
Copyright © 2013 Cynthia Lesbros et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. D. Radford, K. P. Coyne, S. Dawson, C. J. Porter, and R. M. Gaskell, “Feline calicivirus,” Veterinary Research, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 319–335, 2007.
- S. Rong, D. Slade, K. Floyd-Hawkins, and D. Wheeler, “Characterization of a highly virulent feline calicivirus and attenuation of this virus,” Virus Research, vol. 122, no. 1-2, pp. 95–108, 2006.
- A. D. Radford, D. Addie, S. Belák et al., “Feline calicivirus infection ABCD guidelines on prevention and management,” Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 556–564, 2009.
- P. A. Pesavento, K. O. Chang, and J. S. L. Parker, “Molecular virology of feline calicivirus,” Veterinary Clinics of North America, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 775–786, 2008.
- K. P. Coyne, R. M. Christley, O. G. Pybus, et al., “Large-scale spatial and temporal genetic diversity of feline calicivirus,” Journal of Virology, vol. 86, no. 20, pp. 11356–11367, 2012.
- “Feline calicivirosis vaccine (live), freeze-dried,” European Pharmacopoeia Monograph 1102.
- R. J. Lorenz and K. Bögel, “Laboratory techniques in rabies: methods of calculation,” Monograph Series of the World Health Organization, no. 23, pp. 321–335, 1973.
- S. Gueguen, V. Martin, L. Bonnet, D. Saunier, P. Mähl, and A. Aubert, “Safety and efficacy of a recombinant FeLV vaccine combined with a live feline rhinotracheitis, calicivinrs and panleucopenia vaccine,” Veterinary Record, vol. 146, no. 13, pp. 380–381, 2000.
- H. Poulet, D. Jas, C. Lemeter, C. Coupier, and S. Brunet, “Efficacy of a bivalent inactivated non-adjuvanted feline calicivirus vaccine: relation between in vitro cross-neutralization and heterologous protection in vivo,” Vaccine, vol. 26, no. 29-30, pp. 3647–3654, 2008.
- C. J. Porter, A. D. Radford, R. M. Gaskell et al., “Comparison of the ability of feline calicivirus (FCV) vaccines to neutralise a panel of current UK FCV isolates,” Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 32–40, 2008.
- M. J. Day, M. C. Horzinek, and R. D. Schultz, “WSAVA guidelines for the vaccination of dogs and cats,” Journal of Small Animal Practice, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 1–32, 2010.
- “Feline viral rhinotracheitis vaccine (live), freeze-dried,” European Pharmacopoeia Monograph 1206.
- D. Addie, H. Poulet, M. C. Golder et al., “Ability of antibodies to two new caliciviral vaccine strains to neutralise feline calicivirus isolates from the UK,” Veterinary Record, vol. 163, no. 12, pp. 355–357, 2008.
- S. Dawson, F. McArdle, M. Bennett et al., “Typing of feline calicivirus isolates from different clinical groups by virus neutralisation tests,” Veterinary Record, vol. 133, no. 1, pp. 13–17, 1993.
- A. Lauritzen, O. Jarrett, and M. Sabara, “Serological analysis of feline calicivirus isolates from the United States and United Kingdom,” Veterinary Microbiology, vol. 56, no. 1-2, pp. 55–63, 1997.
- C. E. Greene and R. D. Schultz, “Immunoprophylaxis,” in Infectious Diseases of the Dog and Cat, C. E. Greene, Ed., chapter 100, pp. 1069–1119, WB Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 3rd edition, 2006.