- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Veterinary Medicine International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 617803, 6 pages
Prevalence of Swimming Puppy Syndrome in 2,443 Puppies during the Years 2006–2012 in Thailand
1Animal Bone and Joint Research Laboratory, Department of Veterinary Biosciences and Public Health, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50100, Thailand
2Materials Science Research Center, Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
3Department of Food Animals, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50100, Thailand
Received 12 March 2013; Revised 11 May 2013; Accepted 14 May 2013
Academic Editor: Remo Lobetti
Copyright © 2013 Korakot Nganvongpanit and Terdsak Yano. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. E. Harkness and L. F. McCormick, “Swimming-puppy syndrome in a litter of German Shepherd pups,” Veterinary Medicine Small Animal Clinician, vol. 76, no. 6, pp. 817–821, 1981.
- T. W. Fossum, R. J. Boudrieau, and H. P. Hobson, “Pectus excavatum in eight dogs and six cats,” Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association, vol. 25, pp. 595–605, 1989.
- S. C. Rahal, M. M. Morishin Filho, E. Hatschbach, V. M. V. Machado, K. P. Aptekmann, and T. P. Corrêa, “Pectus excavatum in two littermate dogs,” Canadian Veterinary Journal, vol. 49, no. 9, pp. 880–884, 2008.
- G. Verhoeven, H. de Rooster, M. Risselada, P. Wiemer, L. Scheire, and H. van Bree, “Swimmer syndrome in a Devon rex kitten and an English bulldog puppy,” Journal of Small Animal Practice, vol. 47, no. 10, pp. 615–619, 2006.
- C. Yardimci, A. Özak, H. O. Nisbet, and Y. S. Şirin, “Swimming syndrome in two Labrador puppies,” Kafkas Universitesi Veteriner Fakultesi Dergisi, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 637–640, 2009.
- V. M. Stein, M. Kohlbach, M. Fehr, and A. Tipold, “Swimmer syndrome in puppies—no indication for euthanasia!,” Kleintierpraxis, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 225–230, 2007.
- G. Hosgood and J. D. Hoskins, “Swimmer puppy syndrome,” in Small Animal Paediatric MedicIne and Surgery, G. Hosgood and J. D. Hoskins, Eds., p. 271, Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, UK, 1998.
- J. D. Hoskins, “Swimmer puppies and kittens,” in VeterInary Pediatrics, J. D. Hoskins, Ed., pp. 419–420, W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2001.
- P. F. Suter, “Swimmers flat pup syndrome,” in Thoracic Radiography: A Text Atlas of Thoracic Diseases of the Dog and Cat, P. F. Suter, Ed., pp. 164–165, Wettswil, Zürich, Switzerland, 1984.
- D. Boettcher, R. Schmidt, C. Rehfeldt, G. Thaller, H. H. Swalve, and S. Maak, “Evaluation of MAFbx expression as a marker for congenital splay leg in piglets,” Developments in Biologicals, vol. 132, pp. 301–306, 2008.
- S. Maak, D. Boettcher, J. Tetens et al., “Identification of candidate genes for congenital splay leg in piglets by alternative analysis of DNA microarray data,” International Journal of Biological Sciences, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 331–337, 2009.
- M. D. Lorenz, “The “swimming puppy” syndrome,” in Current VeterInary Therapy VI: Small Animal Practice, R. W. Kirk, Ed., pp. 905–906, W. B. Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 6th edition, 1977.
- S. Kongsawasdi, B. Chuatrakoon, and K. Nganvongpanit, “Physical rehabilitation treated swimming puppy syndrome,” Chiang Mai Veterinary Journal, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 105–112, 2011.
- R. J. Boudrieau, T. Fossum, S. M. Hartsfield, H. P. Hobso, and R. L. Rudy, “Pectus excavatum in dogs and cats,” Compendium on Continuing Education for the Practicing Veterinarian, vol. 12, pp. 341–355, 1990.
- T. M. Charlesworth and C. P. Sturgess, “Increased incidence of thoracic wall deformities in related Bengal kittens,” Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 365–368, 2012.
- F. L. Westphal, L. C. de Lima, J. C. Lima Neto, A. R. Chaves, V. L. dos Santos Júnior, and B. L. C. Ferreira, “Prevalence of pectus carinatum and pectus excavatum in students in the city of Manaus, Brazil,” Jornal Brasileiro de Pneumologia, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 221–226, 2009.
- A. M. Williams and D. C. G. Crabbe, “Pectus deformities of the anterior chest wall,” Paediatric Respiratory Reviews, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 237–242, 2003.