- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Veterinary Medicine International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 936317, 7 pages
Articular Cartilage Gene Expression after Coxofemoral Joint Luxation in the Dog
1Animal Bone and Joint Research Laboratory, Department of Veterinary Biosciences and Public Health, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50100, Thailand
2Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Received 5 June 2013; Accepted 28 August 2013
Academic Editor: Jyoji Yamate
Copyright © 2013 Korakot Nganvongpanit et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. W. P. Basher, M. C. Walter, and C. D. Newton, “Coxofemoral luxation in the dog and cat,” Veterinary Surgery, vol. 15, pp. 356–362, 1986.
- D. L. Piermattei, G. L. Flo, and C. E. DeCamp, Handbook of Small Animal Orthopedics and Fracture Repair, Saunders, St Louis, Mo, USA, 4 edition, 2006.
- M. Harris-Hayes and N. K. Royer, “Relationship of acetabular dysplasia and femoroacetabular impingement to hip osteoarthritis: a focused review,” PM & R, vol. 3, no. 11, pp. 1055.e1–1067.e1, 2011.
- W. C. Kramer, K. J. Hendricks, and J. Wang, “Pathogenetic mechanisms of posttraumatic osteoarthritis: opportunities for early intervention,” International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 285–298, 2011.
- P. Siengdee, K. Nganvongpanit, P. Pothacharoen, S. Chomdej, S. Mekchay, and S. Ong-Chai, “Effects of bromelain on cellular characteristics and expression of selected genes in canine in vitro chondrocyte culture,” Veterinarni Medicina, vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 551–560, 2010.
- K. Nganvongpanit, P. Chaochird, P. Siengdee et al., “In vitro suppression of the MMP-3 gene in normal and cytokine-treated human chondrosarcoma using small interfering RNA,” Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research, vol. 4, article 45, 2009.
- L. C. Tetlow, D. J. Adlam, and D. E. Woolley, “Matrix metalloproteinase and proinflammatory cytokine production by chondrocytes of human osteoarthritic cartilage: associations with degenerative changes,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 44, pp. 585–594, 2001.
- T. E. Hardingham and H. Muir, “The specific interaction of hyaluronic acid with cartilage proteoglycans,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 279, no. 2, pp. 401–405, 1972.
- H. Nagase and M. Kashiwagi, “Aggrecanases and cartilage matrix degradation,” Arthritis Research and Therapy, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 94–103, 2003.
- A. D. Recklies, C. White, L. Melching, and P. J. Roughley, “Differential regulation and expression of hyaluronan synthases in human articular chondrocytes, synovial cells and osteosarcoma cells,” Biochemical Journal, vol. 354, no. 1, pp. 17–24, 2001.
- H. Nagase, “Activation mechanisms of matrix metalloproteinases,” Biological Chemistry, vol. 378, no. 3-4, pp. 151–160, 1997.
- D. D. Dean, J. Martel-Pelletier, J.-P. Pelletier, D. S. Howell, and J. F. Woessner Jr., “Evidence for metalloproteinase inhibitor imbalance in human osteoarthritic cartilage,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 84, no. 2, pp. 678–685, 1989.
- D. L. Vaux and S. J. Korsmeyer, “Cell death in development,” Cell, vol. 96, no. 2, pp. 245–254, 1999.
- H. A. Kim and F. J. Blanco, “Cell death and apoptosis in ostearthritic cartilage,” Current Drug Targets, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 333–345, 2007.
- S. P. Grogan and D. D. D'Lima, “Joint aging and chondrocyte cell death,” Journal of Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 5, pp. 199–214, 2010.
- W. C. Earnshaw, L. M. Martins, and S. H. Kaufmann, “Mammalian caspases: structure, activation, substrates, and functions during apoptosis,” Annual Review of Biochemistry, vol. 68, pp. 383–424, 1999.
- N. A. Thornberry and Y. Lazebnik, “Caspases: enemies within,” Science, vol. 281, no. 5381, pp. 1312–1316, 1998.
- A. Roulston, R. C. Marcellus, and P. E. Branton, “Viruses and apoptosis,” Annual Review of Microbiology, vol. 53, pp. 577–628, 1999.
- Y. Tsujimoto and S. Shimizu, “Bcl-2 family: life-or-death switch,” FEBS Letters, vol. 466, no. 1, pp. 6–10, 2000.
- J. M. Adams and S. Cory, “Life-or-death decisions by the Bcl-2 protein family,” Trends in Biochemical Sciences, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 61–66, 2001.
- K. G. Wolter, Y.-T. Hsu, C. L. Smith, A. Nechushtan, X.-G. Xi, and R. J. Youle, “Movement of Bax from the cytosol to mitochondria during apoptosis,” Journal of Cell Biology, vol. 139, no. 5, pp. 1281–1292, 1997.