- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Veterinary Medicine International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 942351, 4 pages
Infiltrative Cutaneous Hemangiolipoma in a Goat
1Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biological Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523-1620, USA
2Flint Animal Cancer Center, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
3Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biological Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
4Gunnison Valley Veterinary Clinic, Gunnison, CO 81230, USA
Received 20 March 2013; Revised 17 June 2013; Accepted 26 June 2013
Academic Editor: G. F. Browning
Copyright © 2013 Jessica R. Collier et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- U. Paschen, G. Doll, and A. Haist, “The infiltrating angioma—a rare case of soft tissue tumour of malignant appearance,” Aktuelle Radiologie, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 115–117, 1993.
- D. J. Meuten, Ed., Tumors in Domestic Animals, Iowa State University Press, 4th edition, 2002.
- A. D. Liggett, K. S. Frazier, and E. L. Styer, “Angiolipomatous tumors in dogs and a cat,” Veterinary Pathology, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 286–289, 2002.
- J. M. Provenzale and R. E. McLendon, “Spinal angiolipomas: MR features,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 713–719, 1996.
- J. Hunt and D. Tindal, “Solitary gastric Peutz-Jeghers polyp and angiolipoma presenting as acute haemorrhage,” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Surgery, vol. 66, no. 10, pp. 713–715, 1996.
- A. M. Manganaro, H. L. Hammond, and T. P. Williams, “Intraosseous angiolipoma of the mandible: a case report and review of the literature,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 52, no. 7, pp. 767–769, 1994.
- U. Reif, C. T. Lowrie, and S. D. Fitzgerald, “Extradural spinal angiolipoma associated with bone lysis in a dog,” Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 373–376, 1998.
- A. M. Kitshoff, I. R. Millward, J. H. Williams, S. J. Clift, and R. M. Kirberger, “Infiltrative angiolipoma of the parotid salivary gland in a dog,” Journal of the South African Veterinary Association, vol. 81, no. 4, pp. 258–261, 2010.
- V. Galofaro, G. Rapisarda, G. Ferrara, and F. Marino, “Pericardial angiolipoma in a young bull,” Veterinary Record, vol. 157, no. 25, pp. 812–813, 2005.
- C. D. M. Fletcher, Diagnostic Histopathology of Tumors, vol. 1 and 2, Churchill Livingstone, 2nd edition, 2001.
- A.-L. Hamdan, L. Mahfoud, H. Rifai, C. Rameh, and N. Fuleihan, “Infiltrative angiolipoma of the neck,” Middle East Journal of Anesthesiology, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 433–434, 2011.
- A. Beham and C. D. M. Fletcher, “Intramuscular angioma: a clinicopathological analysis of 74 cases,” Histopathology, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 53–59, 1991.
- C. V. Löhr, “One hundred two tumors in 100 goats (1987–2011),” Veterinary Pathology, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 668–675, 2013.
- R. J. Bildfell, B. A. Valentine, and K. M. Whitney, “Cutaneous vasoproliferative lesions in goats,” Veterinary Pathology, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 273–277, 2002.
- P. C. Mullowney and E. W. Baldwin, “Skin diseases of goats,” Veterinary Clinics of North America. Large Animal Practice, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 143–154, 1984.
- A. M. Hargis, P. J. Ihrke, W. L. Spangler, and A. A. Stannard, “A retrospective clinicopathologic study of 212 dogs with cutaneous hemangiomas and hemangiosarcomas,” Veterinary Pathology, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 316–328, 1992.
- K. E. Kopecky, G. W. Pugh Jr., D. E. Hughes, G. D. Booth, and N. F. Cheville, “Biological effect of ultraviolet radiation on cattle: bovine ocular squamous cell carcinoma,” American Journal of Veterinary Research, vol. 40, no. 12, pp. 1783–1788, 1979.
- D. L. Narayanan, R. N. Saladi, and J. L. Fox, “Ultraviolet radiation and skin cancer,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 49, no. 9, pp. 978–986, 2010.
- S. J. Withrow, D. M. Vail, and R. L. Page, “The etiology of cancer,” in Small Animal Clinical Oncology, pp. 16–17, Mosby Elsevier, 5th edition, 2013.
- V. R. Barrs and J. A. Beatty, “Feline alimentary lymphoma: 1. Classification, risk factors, clinical signs and non-invasive diagnostics,” Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 182–190, 2012.
- I. Yeruham, S. Perl, and A. Nyska, “Skin tumours in cattle and sheep after freeze- or heat-branding,” Journal of Comparative Pathology, vol. 114, no. 1, pp. 101–106, 1996.
- D. O'Toole and J. D. Fox, “Chronic hyperplastic and neoplastic cutaneous lesions (Marjolin's ulcer) in hot-brand sites in adult beef cattle,” Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 64–67, 2003.
- S. D. White and A. G. Evans, “Alterations in skin,” in Large Animal Internal Medicine, B. P. Smith, Ed., p. 188, Mosby Elsevier, 4th edition, 2009.
- H. Ward, L. E. Fox, M. B. Calderwood-Mays, A. S. Hammer, and C. G. Couto, “Cutaneous hemangiosarcoma in 25 dogs: a retrospective study,” Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 345–348, 1994.