- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Veterinary Medicine International
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 197294, 5 pages
Esophagojejunostomy Feeding Tube Placement in 5 Dogs with Pancreatitis and Anorexia
Metropolitan Veterinary Specialists, 11800 Capital Way, Louisville, KY 40299, USA
Received 26 September 2013; Revised 6 January 2014; Accepted 29 January 2014; Published 6 March 2014
Academic Editor: Daniel Smeak
Copyright © 2014 Forrest Cummings and Catherine A. Daley. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. S. Wohl, “Nasojejunal feeding tube placement using fluoroscopic guidance: technique and clinical experience in dogs,” Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care, vol. 16, supplement s1, pp. S27–S33, 2006.
- R. P. Cavanaugh, J. R. Kovak, A. J. Fischetti, L. J. Barton, and P. Bergman, “Evaluation of surgically placed gastrojejunostomy feeding tubes in critically ill dogs,” Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, vol. 232, no. 3, pp. 380–388, 2008.
- A. E. Jergens, J. A. Morrison, K. G. Miles, and W. B. Silverman, “Percutaneous endoscopic gastrojejunostomy tube placement in healthy dogs and cats,” Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 18–24, 2007.
- T. M. Glaus, L. M. Cornelius, J. W. Bartges, and C. Reusch, “Complications with non-endoscopic percutaneous gastrostomy in 31 cats and 10 dogs: a retrospective study,” Journal of Small Animal Practice, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 218–222, 1998.
- S. A. Hewitt, B. A. Brisson, M. D. Sinclair, R. A. Foster, and S.-L. Swayne, “Evaluation of laparoscopic-assisted placement of jejunostomy feeding tubes in dogs,” Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, vol. 225, no. 1, pp. 65–71, 2004.
- B. J. Salinardi, K. R. Harkin, B. J. Bulmer, and J. K. Roush, “Comparison of complications of percutaneous endoscopic versus surgically placed gastrostomy tubes in 42 dogs and 52 cats,” Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 51–56, 2006.
- C. Shom, “Assessment and preparation of the surgical patient and the operating team,” in Textbook of Small Animal Internal Medicine, D. Slatter, Ed., pp. 162–178, WB Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 3rd edition, 2003.
- L. D. Lewis, M. L. Morris, and M. S. Hand, Small Animal Clinical Nutrition III, Mark Morris Institute, Topeka, Kan, USA, 3rd edition, 1994.
- M. Holahan, S. Abood, J. Hauptman, C. Koenigsknecht, and A. Brown, “Intermittent and continuous enteral nutrition in critically ill dogs: a prospective randomized trial,” Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 520–526, 2010.
- K. E. Michel, “Preventing and managing complications of enteral nutritional support,” Clinical Techniques in Small Animal Practice, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 49–53, 2004.
- M. A. McCrackin, R. C. DeNovo, R. M. Bright, and R. L. Toal, “Endoscopic placement of a percutaneous gastroduodenostomy feeding tube in dogs,” Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, vol. 203, no. 6, pp. 792–797, 1993.