- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Veterinary Medicine International
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 376725, 4 pages
Blastomyces dermatitidis: Antibody Detection in Sera from Dogs with Blastomycosis with Yeast Lysate Antigens Produced from Human and Dog Isolates
Department of Biological Sciences, Idaho State University, P.O. Box 8007, 921 S. 8th Avenue, Pocatello, ID 83209, USA
Received 14 November 2013; Revised 13 January 2014; Accepted 14 January 2014; Published 27 February 2014
Academic Editor: Francesca Mancianti
Copyright © 2014 Katie Mondada et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. A. Pfaller and D. J. Diekema, “Epidemiology of invasive mycoses in North America,” Critical Reviews in Microbiology, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 1–53, 2010.
- A. F. DiSalvo, “Blastomycosis,” in Topley and Wilson’s Microbiology and Microbial Infections, L. Collier, Ed., pp. 337–355, Arnold Publishers, London, UK, 9th edition, 1998.
- R. W. Bradsher, “Clinical features of blastomycosis,” Seminars in Respiratory Infections, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 229–234, 1997.
- C. A. Kauffman and J. A. Smith, “Pulmonary fungal infections,” Respirology, vol. 17, pp. 913–926, 2012.
- J. R. Bariola and K. S. Vyas, “Pulmonary blastomycosis,” Seminars in Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 745–753, 2011.
- C. Brömel and J. E. Sykes, “Epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of blastomycosis in dogs and cats,” Clinical Techniques in Small Animal Practice, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 233–239, 2005.
- R. W. Bradsher Jr., “Pulmonary blastomycosis,” Seminars in Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 174–181, 2008.
- J. A. McKinnell and P. G. Pappas, “Blastomycosis: new Insights into diagnosis, prevention, and treatment,” Clinics in Chest Medicine, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 227–239, 2009.
- M. Saccente and G. L. Woods, “Clinical and laboratory update on blastomycosis,” Clinical Microbiology Reviews, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 367–381, 2010.
- B. S. Klein, R. A. Squires, J. K. Foyer Lloyd, D. R. Ruge, and A. M. Legendre, “Canine antibody response to Blastomyces dermatitidis WI-1 antigen,” American Journal of Veterinary Research, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 554–558, 2000.
- D. Spector, A. M. Legendre, J. Wheat et al., “Antigen and antibody testing for the diagnosis of blastomycosis in dogs,” Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 839–843, 2008.
- S. M. Richer, M. L. Smedema, M. M. Durkin et al., “Development of a highly sensitive and specific blastomycosis antibody enzyme immunoassay using Blastomyces dermatitidissurface protein BAD-1,” Clinical Vaccine Immunology, 2013.
- W. Christenson, R. Horton, K. Campbell, K. Meacham, A. Schroeder, and G. M. Scalarone, “Comparison of antibody detection with Blastomyces dermatitidis yeast lysate antigens in serum specimens from immunized rabbits and infected dogs,” Open Journal of Immunology, vol. 1, pp. 74–79, 2011.
- J. C. Wright, T. E. Harrild, and G. M. Scalarone, “The use of isoelectric focusing fractions of Blastomyces dermatitidis for antibody detection in serum specimens from rabbits immunized with yeast lysate antigens,” Journal of Veterinary Medicine, vol. 2, pp. 237–241, 2012.
- T. R. Allison, J. C. Wright, and G. M. Scalarone, “Blastomyces dermatitidis: stability studies on different yeast lysate antigens,” Open Journal of Immunology, vol. 3, pp. 98–102, 2013.
- W. O. Hatch and G. M. Scalarone, “Comparison of colorimetric and chemiluminescent ELISAs for the detection of antibodies to Blastomyces dermatitidis,” Journal of Medical and Biological Sciences, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 2009.
- C. M. Sestero and G. M. Scalarone, “Detection of IgG and IgM in sera from canines with blastomycosis using eight Blastomyces dermatitidis yeast phase lysate antigens,” Mycopathologia, vol. 162, no. 1, pp. 33–37, 2006.
- R. C. Axtell and G. M. Scalarone, “Serological differences in two Blastomyces dermatitidis isolates from different geographical regions of North America,” Mycopathologia, vol. 153, no. 3, pp. 141–144, 2002.
- H. B. Levine, G. M. Scalarone, and S. D. Chaparas, “Preparation of fungal antigens and vaccines: studies on Coccidioides immitis and Histoplasma capsulatum,” Contributions to Microbiology and Immunology, vol. 3, pp. 106–125, 1977.
- H. B. Levine, G. M. Scalarone, and G. D. Campbell, “Histoplasmin-CYL, a yeast phase reagent in skin test studies with humans,” American Review of Respiratory Disease, vol. 119, no. 4, pp. 629–636, 1979.
- G. M. Scalarone, H. B. Levine, and S. D. Chaparas, “Delayed hypersensitivity responses of experimental animals to histoplasmin from the yeast and mycelial phases of Histoplasma capsulatum,” Infection and Immunity, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 705–713, 1978.
- S. M. Johnson and G. M. Scalarone, “Preparation and ELISA evaluation of Blastomyces dermatitidis yeast phase lysate antigens,” Diagnostic Microbiology and Infectious Disease, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 81–86, 1988.