- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Veterinary Medicine International
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 406431, 5 pages
Pathological Conditions Associated with the Male Reproductive Tract of the Sahel Bucks
1Department of Veterinary Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Maiduguri, PMB 1069, Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria
2Department of Veterinary Pathology and Microbiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Received 22 December 2013; Revised 26 January 2014; Accepted 26 February 2014; Published 24 March 2014
Academic Editor: Maria Laura Bacci
Copyright © 2014 Yusuf Abba et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. McEntee, Reproductive Pathology of Domestic Mammals, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2012.
- W. O. Reece, Functional Anatomy and Physiology of Domestic Animals, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 4th edition, 2013.
- R. A. Foster, “Male reproductive system: in pathologic basis of veterinary disease,” J. F. Zachary and M. D. McGavin, Eds., pp. 1127–1152, Mosby University Graphics Production, Missouri, Mo, USA, 5th edition, 2012.
- I. O. Igbokwe, H. A. Grema, A. E. Ikpo, F. M. Mshelbwala, and N. A. Igbokwe, “Unilateral cryptorchidism in nigerian sahel bucks,” International Journal of Morphology, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 805–810, 2009.
- I. O. Igbokwe, A. E. Ikpo, H. A. Grema, F. M. Mshelbwala, and N. A. Igbokwe, “Bilateral testicular hypoplasia among mature Sahel bucks in Nigeria,” Turkish Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 111–115, 2011.
- F. M. Mshelbwala and I. O. Igbokwe, “Severe bilateral testicular atrophy among sahel goats in Maiduguri, Nigeria,” Sahel Journal of Veterinary Sciences, vol. 1, no. 9, pp. 17–20, 2010.
- S. Tarigan, P. W. Ladds, and R. A. Foster, “Genital pathology of feral male goats,” Australian Veterinary Journal, vol. 67, no. 8, pp. 286–290, 1990.
- M. Kafi, A. Oryan, and N. Morgan-Azghadi, “Pathology of testis and epididymis in native goats in Southern Iran,” Comparative Clinical Pathology, vol. 16, pp. 201–205, 2007.
- F. Bousmaha and B. F. Khoudja, “Comparative and pathological study of the testis and epididymis in rams, bucks and bulls of Algeria,” Asian Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances, vol. 7, pp. 950–959, 2012.
- F. Regassa, F. Terefe, and M. Bekana, “Abnormalities of the testes and epididymis in bucks and rams slaughtered at Debre Zeit Abattoir, Ethiopia,” Tropical Animal Health and Production, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 541–549, 2003.