- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Veterinary Medicine International
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 409549, 7 pages
Enhancing Postgraduate Learning and Teaching: Postgraduate Summer School in Dairy Science
1Dairy Science Group, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, PMB 4003, Narellan, NSW 2567, Australia
2Melbourne School of Land and Environment, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, VIC 3010, Australia
3Department of Comparative Biomedicine and Food Science, University of Padova, Viale dell'Università 16, 35020 Legnaro, Italy
4Department of Agronomy Food Natural resources Animal & Environment, University of Padova, Viale dell'Università 16, 35020 Legnaro, Italy
5Department of Animal Medicine Production and Health, University of Padova, Viale dell'Università 16, 35020 Legnaro, Italy
Received 5 August 2013; Revised 23 October 2013; Accepted 28 October 2013; Published 16 January 2014
Academic Editor: Daniel Smeak
Copyright © 2014 Pietro Celi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Witter, “The veterinarian scientist: an endangered species,” Journal of Veterinary Medical Education, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 297–300, 2005.
- J. H. Britt, E. D. Aberle, K. L. Esbenshade, and J. R. Males, “Invited review: animal science departments of the future,” Journal of Animal Science, vol. 86, no. 11, pp. 3235–3244, 2008.
- W. K. Guterbock, “The role of veterinarians on dairy farms in the future,” Compendium, vol. 39, pp. S26–S29, 2001.
- R. L. Larson, “Food animal veterinary medicine: leading a changing profession,” Journal of Veterinary Medical Education, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 341–346, 2004.
- S. M. Bartell, “Training's new role in learning organizations,” Innovations in Education and Teaching International, vol. 38, pp. 354–363, 2001.
- S. P. Heyneman, “Global issues in higher education. eJournal USA,” 2006, http://iipdigital.usembassy.gov/st/english/publication/2008/06/20080608095226xjyrrep0.6231653.html#axzz2qDqWG7gP.
- C. Brown, D. Hird, J. Roth, G. Wagner, C. Jost, and M. Memon, “International opportunities for veterinary medicine students,” Journal of Veterinary Medical Education, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 220–224, 2002.
- C. C. Jost and M. A. Memon, “Internationalizing veterinary education in the 21st century,” Journal of Veterinary Medical Education, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 216–219, 2002.
- D. D. Nulty, “The adequacy of response rates to online and paper surveys: what can be done?” Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 301–314, 2008.
- J. Taylor, “Toward a strategy for internationalisation: lessons and practice from four universities,” Journal of Studies in International Education, vol. 8, pp. 149–171, 2004.
- A. Aslett-Bentley, “Working to improve the learning experience: engaging students in work related learning and promoting employability,” 2013, http://repository-intralibrary.leedsmet.ac.uk/open_virtual_file_path/i02n5284t/IJ1_5Working_to_improve.pdf.
- A. Rauhvargers, S. Bergan, and J. Divis, “United we stand: the recognition of joint degrees,” Journal of Studies in International Education, vol. 7, pp. 342–353, 2003.
- Socrates Erasmus Programme, 2013, http://ec.europa.eu/education/.
- W. L. Johnson, “Global linkages in animal agriculture: new opportunities for united states agricultural universities,” Journal of Animal Science, vol. 74, no. 6, pp. 1386–1394, 1996.
- J. Knight and IAU, “Internationalization Survey Preliminary Findings Report,” 2005, http://www.unesco.org/iau/internationalization/i_survey2.html.
- F. Huang, “Policy and practice of the internationalization of higher education in China,” Journal of Studies in International Education, vol. 7, pp. 225–240, 2003.
- G. G. Wagner and C. C. Brown, “Global veterinary leadership,” Veterinary Clinics of North America, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 389–399, 2002.
- TRAN-DOC Programme, 2013, http://www.coimbra-group.eu/transdoc/.