- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Veterinary Medicine International
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 429495, 4 pages
Preliminary Study of the Influence of Red Blood Cells Size on the Determinism of the Breed in Cattle
1Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of El-Hadj Lakhdar, 05000 Batna, Algeria
2Department of Microbiology and Biochemistry, University of Mohamed BOUDIAF, 28000 M’sila, Algeria
3Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Mohamed Cherif Messaadia, 41000 Souk Ahras, Algeria
Received 8 November 2013; Revised 28 December 2013; Accepted 29 December 2013; Published 6 February 2014
Academic Editor: Kazim Sahin
Copyright © 2014 Nezar Adili et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. W. Kramer, “Normal hematology of cattle, sheep and goats,” in Schalm’s VeterInary Hematology, B. F. Feldman, J. G. Zinkl, and N. C. Jain, Eds., pp. 1075–1084, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 5th edition, 2000.
- A. M. Barger, “Erythrocyte morphology,” in Schalm’s VeterInary Hematology, D. J. Weiss and K. J. Wardrop, Eds., pp. 144–151, Wiley-Blackwell, Ames, Iowa, USA, 6th edition, 2010.
- D. Wood and G. F. Quiroz-Rocha, “Normal hematology of cattle,” in Schalm’s Veterinary Hematology, D. J. Weiss and K. J. Wardrop, Eds., pp. 829–835, Wiley-Blackwell, Ames, Iowa, USA, 6th edition, 2010.
- W. E. Wingfield and M. E. Tumbleson, “Hematologic parameters, as a function of age, in female dairy cattle. Aging and hematologic values,” The Cornell Veterinarian, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 72–80, 1973.
- R. Adams, F. B. Garry, B. M. Aldridge, M. D. Holland, and K. G. Odde, “Hematologic values in newborn beef calves,” American Journal of Veterinary Research, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 944–950, 1992.
- M. C. Aceña, S. García-Belenguer, M. Gascón, and A. Purroy, “Modifications hématologiques et musculaires pendant la corrida chez le taureau de combat,” Revue de Médecine Vétérinaire, vol. 146, no. 4, pp. 277–282, 1995.
- H. C. Brun-Hansen, A. H. Kampen, and A. Lund, “Hematologic values in calves during the first 6 months of life,” Veterinary Clinical Pathology, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 182–187, 2006.
- M. Mohri, K. Sharifi, and S. Eidi, “Hematology and serum biochemistry of Holstein dairy calves: age related changes and comparison with blood composition in adults,” Research in Veterinary Science, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 30–39, 2007.
- J. W. George, V. M. Lane, and J. N. Snipes, “Changes in bovine hematology reference intervals from 1965 to 2001,” Veterinary Clinical Pathology, vol. 36, pp. 313–315, 2008.
- P. M. Kapale, D. G. Jagtap, D. M. Badukale, and S. K. Sahatpure, “Haematological constituents of blood of Gaolao cattle,” Veterinary World, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 113–114, 2008.
- E. Kolb, Physiologie des Animaux Domestiques, Vigot Frères Editeurs, Paris, France, 1975.
- D. Ledieu, “Prélèvements en cytologie,” in Encyclopédie Vétérinaire, Elsevier, 2003.
- W. J. J. Bacha and L. M. Bacha, Color Atlas of Veterinary Histology, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2nd edition, 2000.
- J. W. Harvey, Atlas of Veterinary Hematology, Blood and Bone Marrow of Domestic Animals, W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2001.
- D. B. DeNicola, “Advances in hematology analyzers,” Topics in Companion Animal Medicine, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 52–61, 2011.
- M. Gabe, Techniques Histologiques, Masson et Cie Editeur, Paris, France, 1986.
- B. Houwen, “Blood film preparation and staining procedures,” Clinics in Laboratory Medicine, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 1–14, 2002.
- G. C. Adams, “A technique for the measurement of erythrocyte diameters,” Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 76–78, 1954.
- J. C. Todd, Clinical Diagnosis by Laboratory Methods, W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1979.
- N. Adili, M. Melizi, and O. Bennoune, “The influence of age, sex and altitude on the morphometry of red blood cells in bovines,” Veterinary World, vol. 6, no. 8, pp. 476–478, 2013.