- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Veterinary Medicine International
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 502872, 6 pages
Tissue Residues, Hematological and Biochemical Effects of Tilmicosin in Broiler Chicken
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Benha University, Moshtohor, Toukh, Qalyubia 13736, Egypt
Received 27 December 2013; Accepted 20 February 2014; Published 3 April 2014
Academic Editor: Lorraine M. Sordillo
Copyright © 2014 Mossad Elsayed et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. G. Papich and J. E. Riviere, “Chloramphenicol and derivatives, macrolides, lincosamides, and miscellaneous antimicrobials,” in Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, H. R. Adams, Ed., pp. 868–897, Iowa State University Press, Ames, Iowa, USA, 8th edition, 2001.
- N. A. Botsolou and D. J. Fletouris, “Drug residues in foods,” in Antimicrobial Growth Promoters, pp. 189–190, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- J. F. Prescott, “Macrolides and pleuromyilins,” in Antimicrobial Therapy in Veterinary Medicine, pp. 229–262, Iowa State University Press, Ames, Iowa, USA, 3rd edition, 2000.
- I. Kempf, L. Reeve-Johnson, F. Gesbert, and M. Guittet, “Efficacy of tilmicosin in the control of experimental mycoplasma gallisepticum infection in chickens,” Avian Diseases, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 802–807, 1997.
- W. H. Jordan, R. A. Byrd, R. L. Cochrane et al., “A review of the toxicology of the antibiotic MICOTIL 300,” Veterinary and Human Toxicology, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 151–158, 1993.
- E. A. Abu-Basha, N. M. Idkaidek, and A. F. Al-Shunnaq, “Pharmacokinetics of tilmicosin (Provitil powder and pulmotil liquid AC) oral formulations in chickens,” Veterinary Research Communications, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 477–485, 2007.
- B. Arret, D. P. Johnson, and A. Kirshbaum, “Outline of details for microbiological assays of antibiotics: second revision,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 60, no. 11, pp. 1689–1694, 1971.
- M. P. Natt and C. A. Herrick, “A new blood diluent forcounting erythrocytes and leucocytes of the chicken,” Poultry Science, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 735–738, 1952.
- T. Keçeci, H. Oǧuz, V. Kurtoǧlu, and Ö. Demet, “Effects of polyvinylpolypyrrolidone, synthetic zeolite and bentonite on serum biochemical and haematological characters of broiler chickens during aflatoxicosis,” British Poultry Science, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 452–458, 1998.
- C. Prats, R. Francesch, M. Arboix, and B. Pérez, “Determination of tylosin residues in different animal tissues by high performance liquid chromatography,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 766, no. 1, pp. 57–65, 2002.
- Y. Zhang, H. Jiang, X. Jin et al., “Residue depletion of tilmicosin in chicken tissues,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 52, no. 9, pp. 2602–2605, 2004.
- A. T. Khan and F. Zafar, “Hematological study in response of varying doses of estrogen in broiler chicken,” International Journal of Poultry Science, vol. 4, no. 10, pp. 748–751, 2005.
- V. Altunok, E. Yazar, M. Elmas, B. Traş, A. L. Baş, and R. Cöl, “Investigation of haematological and biochemical side effects of tilmicosin in healthy New Zealand rabbits,” Journal of Veterinary Medicine B, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 68–70, 2002.
- B. Scorneaux and T. R. Shryock, “Intracellular accumulation, subcellular distribution, and efflux of tilmicosin in bovine mammary, blood, and lung cells,” Journal of Dairy Science, vol. 82, no. 6, pp. 1202–1212, 1999.
- R. Fujii, T. Abe, T. Tajima et al., “Pharmacokinetic and clinical studies with azithromycin (capsule) in the pediatric field,” Japanese Journal of Antibiotics, vol. 48, no. 9, pp. 1074–1092, 1995.
- T. Tajima, M. Kobayashi, I. Terashima, et al., “Pharmacokinetic and clinical studies with azithromycin (fine granule) in the pediatric field. Pediatric study group of azithromycin,” Japanese Journal of Antibiotics, vol. 48, no. 9, pp. 1051–1073, 1995.
- Y. Ohtsuka, Y. Harada, Y. Tsuji et al., “Pharmacokinetic and clinical studies on azithromycin in children,” Japanese Journal of Antibiotics, vol. 49, no. 11, pp. 1039–1048, 1996.
- C. M. Smith and A. M. Reynard, Text Book of Pharmacology, W. B. Saunders, London, UK, 1992.
- A. Er, F. Altan, G. Cetin, B. Dik, M. Elmas, and E. Yazar, “Assessment of the cardiotoxicity of tulathromycin in rabbits,” Acta Veterinaria Hungarica, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 327–335, 2011.
- S. Xie, F. Wang, Y. Wang et al., “Acute toxicity study of tilmicosin-loaded hydrogenated castor oil-solid lipid nanoparticles,” Particle and Fibre Toxicology, vol. 8, article 33, 2011.
- N. Fit, F. Chirila, and G. Nadas, “Haematological, biochemical and microbiological studies on dogs treated with 10% erythromycin solution,” Bulletin of the University of Agricultural Sciences & Veterinary Medicine, vol. 69, no. 1-2, pp. 91–97, 2012.
- J. W. Boyd, “The mechanism relating to increase in plasma enzymes and isoenzymes in diseases of animals,” Veterinary Clinical Pathology, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 9–24, 1982.
- E. Yazar, V. Altunok, M. Elmas, B. Traş, A. L. Baş, and V. Özdemir, “Effect of tilmicosin on cardiac muscle and serum creatine kinases activities and serum total protein level in healthy male Balb/C mice,” Revue de Medecine Veterinaire, vol. 152, no. 12, pp. 881–883, 2001.