- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Veterinary Medicine International
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 510328, 5 pages
Establishment, Culture, and Characterization of Guinea Pig Fetal Fibroblast Cell
1Stem Cell and Transgenic Technology Research Center, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, 71348 Shiraz, Iran
2Department of Medical Genetics, School of Medicine, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, 71348 Shiraz, Iran
3Department of Physiology, Islamic Azad University, Marvdasht Branch, 73985 Marvdasht, Iran
Received 24 December 2013; Revised 1 March 2014; Accepted 1 March 2014; Published 25 March 2014
Academic Editor: Jyoji Yamate
Copyright © 2014 Davood Mehrabani et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. A. Woolliams and I. Wilmut, “New advances in cloning and their potential impact on genetic variation in livestock,” Animal Science, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 245–256, 1999.
- G. E. Corley-Smith and B. P. Brandhorst, “Preservation of endangered species and populations: a role for genome banking, somatic cell cloning, and androgenesis?” Molecular Reproduction and Development, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 363–367, 1999.
- C. X. Wu, “The theory and technology of the conservation of animal genetic resources-the specy foundation of animal agricultural continuing development in 21 century,” Journal of Yunnan University, vol. 21, pp. 7–10, 1999.
- X. C. Li, H. Yue, C. Y. Li et al., “Establishment and characterization of a fibroblast cell line derived from Jining Black Grey goat for genetic conservation,” Small Ruminant Research, vol. 87, no. 1-3, pp. 17–26, 2009.
- L.-F. Li, H. Yue, J. Ma, W.-J. Guan, and Y.-H. Ma, “Establishment and characterization of a fibroblast line from Simmental cattle,” Cryobiology, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 63–68, 2009.
- C. Liu, Y. Guo, W. Guan, Y. Ma, H.-H. Zhang, and X. Tang, “Establishment and biological characteristics of Luxi cattle fibroblast bank,” Tissue and Cell, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 417–424, 2008.
- R. S. Na, Q. J. Zhao, D. P. Jin et al., “Establishment and biological characteristics of Ujumqin sheep fibroblast line,” Cytotechnology, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 43–52, 2010.
- L. F. Li, W. J. Guan, H. Li, X. Z. Zhou, X. J. Bai, and Y. H. Ma, “Establishment and characterization of a fibroblast cell line derived from Texel sheep,” Biochemistry and Cell Biology, vol. 87, no. 3, pp. 485–492, 2009.
- C.-Q. Liu, Y. Guo, W.-J. Guan, and Y.-H. Ma, “Establishment and characterization of a fibroblast cell line derived from Mongolian sheep,” Animal Science Journal, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 215–222, 2011.
- C. Bai, D. Wang, X. Su, M. Zhang, W. Guan, and Y. Ma, “Establishment and biological research of the Jining Grey goat fibroblast line,” Turkish Journal of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 659–667, 2012.
- W. Guan, Y. Ma, X. Zhou, G. Liu, and X. Liu, “The establishment of fibroblast cell line and its biological characteristic research in Taihang black goat,” Review of China Agricultural Science and Technology, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 25–33, 2005.
- P. F. Hu, W. J. Guan, X. C. Li, W. X. Zhang, C. L. Li, and Y. H. Ma, “Study on characteristics of in vitro culture and intracellular transduction of exogenous proteins in fibroblast cell line of Liaoning cashmere goat,” Molecular Biology Reports, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 327–336, 2013.
- M. S. Islam and H. Zhou, “Isolation and characterization of putative epidermal stem cells derived from Cashmere goat fetus,” European Journal of Dermatology, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 302–308, 2007.
- D. Mehrabani, et al., “Biological evaluation of goat fetal fibroblast cell line,” unpublished data.
- A. J. Turner and B. J. Trudinger, “Ultrasound measurement of biparietal diameter and umbilical artery blood flow in the normal fetal guinea pig,” Comparative Medicine, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 379–384, 2000.
- A. Takashima, “Establishment of fibroblast cultures,” Current Protocols in Cell Biology, vol. 2, pp. 2.1.1–2.1.12, 2001.
- I. Freshney, “Application of cell cultures to toxicology,” Cell Biology and Toxicology, vol. 17, no. 4-5, pp. 213–230, 2001.
- U. M. Costa, D. Reischak, J. Da Silva, and A. P. Ravazzolo, “Establishment and partial characterization of an ovine synovial membrane cell line obtained by transformation with Simian Virus 40 T antigen,” Journal of Virological Methods, vol. 128, no. 1-2, pp. 72–78, 2005.
- F. L. Ren, Y. Li, and Y. Zhang, “In vitro cultivation and freezing of bovine skin fibroblast cells,” Scalper Magazine, vol. 28, pp. 8–10, 2002.
- G. F. Li, Y. Li, Z. Zhao, and D. Q. Li, “The fibroblast culture of sheep ear in vitro,” China Herbivores, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 5–7, 2003.
- X. M. Zhou, Y. Ma, W. Guan, J. Wen, and H. Li, “Establishment and characteristics of a Beijing fatty chicken embryo fibroblast cell line,” Chinese Journal of Animal and Veterinary Sciences, vol. 3, pp. 209–215, 2005.
- A. M. D'erchia, C. Gissi, G. Pesole, C. Saccone, and U. Arnason, “The guinea-pig is not a rodent,” Nature, vol. 381, no. 6583, pp. 597–600, 1996.
- Z. Men, X. Liu, H. Ma, and J. Han, “Karyotype analysis of Lanzhou fat-tailed sheep,” Journal of Gansu Agricultural University, vol. 2, p. 004, 2002.
- D. Mehrabani and N. Manafi, “Role of cultured skin fibroblasts in aesthetic and plastic surgery,” World Journal of Plastic Surgery, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 2–5, 2013.