International Journal of Nuclear Energy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 867439, 4 pages
Economic Assessment of Russian Nuclear Strategies on the Basis of Fast Breeder Reactors
Energy Systems Institute of Russian Academy of Sciences, 130 Lermontov Street, Irkutsk 664033, Russia
Received 28 March 2013; Revised 26 August 2013; Accepted 6 September 2013
Academic Editor: Michael F. Simpson
Copyright © 2013 O. V. Marchenko and S. V. Solomin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. S. Belyaev, S. P. Filippov, O. V. Marchenko, S. V. Solomin, T. B. Stepanova, and A. L. Kokorinet, World Energy and Transition to Sustainable Development, Kluwer Academic, London, UK, 2002.
- C.-P. Zaleski, “Overview of future development of fast neutron reactors,” Energy, vol. 23, no. 7-8, pp. 571–579, 1998.
- A. V. Zrodnikov, “Fast reactors in the energy security for the stable development of Russia,” Atomic Energy, vol. 108, no. 4, pp. 230–233, 2010.
- E. O. Adamov, A. V. Dzhalavyan, A. V. Lopatkin, et al., “Conceptual framework of a strategy for the development of nuclear power in Russia to 2100,” Atomic Energy, vol. 112, no. 6, pp. 391–403, 2012.
- A. Bharadwaj, S. Rajgopal, L. V. Krishnan, and K. S. Bellarmine, Economic of Fast Breeder Reactors. Indian Scenario, Center for Study of Science, Technology and Policy, Bangalore, India, 2012.
- Federal Target Program, “Nuclear power technologies of a new generation for 2010–2015 and till 2020,” Order of the Government of the Russian Federation, No. 50, Moscow, Russia, February 2010, (Russian).
- N. Nakicenovic, A. Grübler, M. Jefferson, et al., Global Energy Perspectives to 2050 and Beyond, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis, World Energy Council, London, UK, 1995.
- N. Nakicenovic, A. Grübler, A. McDonald, et al., Global Energy Perspectives, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1998.
- A. Grübler A, N. Nakicenovic, and D. G. Victor, “Dynamics of energy technologies and global change,” Energy Policy, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 247–280, 1999.
- C. P. Zaleski, Ed., Scenarios of Nuclear Power Growth in the 21st Century, Centre of Geopolitics of Energy and Raw Materials, Univercity of Paris IX Dauphine, Paris, France, 2002.
- V. V. Bushuev and A. M. Mastepanov, Eds., Global Energy & Sustainable Development (White Book), International Sustainable Energy Development Centre, Moscow, Russia, 2009.
- L. S. Belyaev, O. V. Marchenko, S. P. Filippov, and S. V. Solomin, “Studies on competitiveness of space and terrestrial solar power plants using global energy model,” International Journal of Global Energy Issues, vol. 25, no. 1-2, pp. 94–108, 2006.
- L. S. Belyaev, O. V. Marchenko, and S. V. Solomin, “A study on long-term trends in energy development in Russia and the world,” Thermal Engineering, vol. 58, no. 13, pp. 1087–1093, 2011.
- L. S. Belyaev, O. V. Marchenko, and S. V. Solomin, “A study of wind energy contribution to global climate change mitigation,” International Journal of Energy Technology and Policy, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 324–341, 2005.