SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19
- Learning from Large-Scale Wearable Device Data for Predicting Epidemics Trend of COVID-19 Guokang Zhu, Jia Li, Zi Meng, Yi Yu, Yanan Li, Xiao Tang, Yuling Dong, Guangxin Sun, Rui Zhou, Hui Wang, Kongqiao Wang, and Wang Huang
The articles listed below include some of our top research and review articles on the SARS-CoV outbreak, including studies on the transmission, detection and characteristics of the virus, as well as the control and impact of the disease.
- Demographic Variations of MERS-CoV Infection among Suspected and Confirmed Cases: An Epidemiological Analysis of Laboratory-Based Data from Riyadh Regional Laboratory Asmaa Altamimi, Raghib Abu-Saris, Ashraf El-Metwally, Taghreed Alaifan, and Aref Alamri
- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV): Infection, Immunological Response, and Vaccine Development Ayman Mubarak, Wael Alturaiki, and Maged Gomaa Hemida
- Comparative Serological Study for the Prevalence of Anti-MERS Coronavirus Antibodies in High- and Low-Risk Groups in Qatar Reham A. Al Kahlout, Gheyath K. Nasrallah, Elmoubasher A. Farag, Lingshu Wang, Erik Lattwein, Marcel A. Müller, Mohamed E. El Zowalaty, Hamad E. Al Romaihi, Barney S. Graham, Asmaa A. Al Thani, and Hadi M. Yassine
- The Impacts on Health, Society, and Economy of SARS and H7N9 Outbreaks in China: A Case Comparison Study Wuqi Qiu, Cordia Chu, Ayan Mao, and Jing Wu
- Network Analysis of MERS Coronavirus within Households, Communities, and Hospitals to Identify Most Centralized and Super-Spreading in the Arabian Peninsula, 2012 to 2016 Oyelola A. Adegboye and Faiz Elfaki
- Patterns of Human Respiratory Viruses and Lack of MERS-Coronavirus in Patients with Acute Upper Respiratory Tract Infections in Southwestern Province of Saudi Arabia Ahmed A. Abdulhaq, Vinod Kumar Basode, Anwar M. Hashem, Ahmed S. Alshrari, Nassrin A. Badroon, Ahmed M. Hassan, Tagreed L. Alsubhi, Yahia Solan, Saleh Ejeeli, and Esam I. Azhar
- Analysis of Spatiotemporal Characteristics of Pandemic SARS Spread in Mainland China Chunxiang Cao, Wei Chen, Sheng Zheng, Jian Zhao, Jinfeng Wang, and Wuchun Cao
- Pains and Gains from China’s Experiences with Emerging Epidemics: From SARS to H7N9 Pengfei Wei, Zelang Cai, Jinwen Hua, Weijia Yu, Jiajie Chen, Kang Kang, Congling Qiu, Lanlan Ye, Jiayun Hu, and Kunmei Ji
- Challenges and Strategies of Laboratory Diagnosis for Newly Emerging Influenza Viruses in Taiwan: A Decade after SARS Jih-Hui Lin and Ho-Sheng Wu
- Understanding Viral Transmission Behavior via Protein Intrinsic Disorder Prediction: Coronaviruses Gerard Kian-Meng Goh, A. Keith Dunker, and Vladimir N. Uversky
- A Real-Time PCR Assay for Bat SARS-Like Coronavirus Detection and Its Application to Italian Greater Horseshoe Bat Faecal Sample Surveys Andrea Balboni, Laura Gallina, Alessandra Palladini, Santino Prosperi, and Mara Battilani
- The Effects of Temperature and Relative Humidity on the Viability of the SARS Coronavirus K. H. Chan, J. S. Malik Peiris, S. Y. Lam, L. L. M. Poon, K. Y. Yuen, and W. H. Seto
- Human Coronaviruses HCoV-NL63 and HCoV-HKU1 in Hospitalized Children with Acute Respiratory Infections in Beijing, China Li-Jin Cui, Chen Zhang, Ting Zhang, Rou-Jian Lu, Zheng-De Xie, Ling-Lin Zhang, Chuan-Yan Liu, Wei-Min Zhou, Li Ruan, Xue-Jun Ma, and Wen-Jie Tan
- Peptide Mimicrying Between SARS Coronavirus Spike Protein and Human Proteins Reacts with SARS Patient Serum K.-Y. Hwa, W. M. Lin, Y.-I. Hou, and T.-M. Yeh
The following Case Reports are of patients who had contracted a coronavirus infection, discussing their symptoms and treatment.
- A Rare Case of Human Coronavirus 229E Associated with Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome in a Healthy Adult Foula Vassilara, Aikaterini Spyridaki, George Pothitos, Athanassia Deliveliotou, and Antonios Papadopoulos
- First Confirmed Case of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus Infection in the Kingdom of Bahrain: In a Saudi Gentleman after Cardiac Bypass Surgery Nahed Seddiq, Manaf Al-Qahtani, Jaffar A. Al-Tawfiq, and Nazar Bukamal
- Acute Hemorrhagic Edema of Infancy after Coronavirus Infection with Recurrent Rash Hannah Chesser, Jeffrey M. Chambliss, and Eric Zwemer
- Neurological Complications of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus: A Report of Two Cases and Review of the Literature Hussein Algahtani, Ahmad Subahi, and Bader Shirah
Submitting articles on COVID-19
Authors submitting a manuscript on COVID-19 can email firstname.lastname@example.org to flag their research with our teams and ensure it is fast-tracked and available on a preprint server as soon as possible. Articles on the current outbreak will be added to this collection as soon as they are published. We are also pleased to announce that any COVID-19 paper suitable for publication after peer review will have the fees waived. Our Open Access mission continues to support research moving forward by ensuring there are no barriers to any of our articles.
The full details for submitting an article to one of our journals can be found on our website.Information for authors
A message from all of us at Hindawi
Hindawi are here with you and hope you are well, safe and staying home.