Habib Mâagli, Malek Zribi, "Existence of positive solutions for some polyharmonic nonlinear equations in ", Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2006, Article ID 076582, 24 pages, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1155/AAA/2006/76582
Existence of positive solutions for some polyharmonic nonlinear equations in
We will study the following polyharmonic nonlinear elliptic equation in , . Under appropriate conditions on the nonlinearity , related to a class of functions called -Green-tight functions, we give some existence results for the above equation.
- M. Aizenman and B. Simon, “Brownian motion and Harnack inequality for Schrödinger operators,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 209–273, 1982.
- I. Bachar, H. Mâagli, and N. Zeddini, “Estimates on the Green function and existence of positive solutions of nonlinear singular elliptic equations,” Communications in Contemporary Mathematics, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 401–434, 2003.
- H. Brezis and S. Kamin, “Sublinear elliptic equations in ,” Manuscripta Mathematica, vol. 74, no. 1, pp. 87–106, 1992.
- K. L. Chung and Z. X. Zhao, From Brownian Motion to Schrödinger's Equation, vol. 312 of Grundlehren der Mathematischen Wissenschaften, Springer, Berlin, 1995.
- R. Dalmasso, “Existence and uniqueness results for polyharmonic equations,” Nonlinear Analysis, Ser. A: Theory Methods, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 131–137, 1999.
- H.-C. Grunau and G. Sweers, “The maximum principle and positive principal eigenfunctions for polyharmonic equations,” in Reaction Diffusion Systems (Trieste, 1995), G. Caristi and E. Mitidieri, Eds., vol. 194 of Lecture Notes in Pure and Appl. Math., pp. 163–182, Dekker, New York, 1998.
- H. Mâagli and S. Masmoudi, “Existence and asymptotic behaviour of large solutions of semilinear elliptic equations,” Potential Analysis, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 337–350, 2002.
- H. Mâagli and S. Masmoudi, “Positive solutions of some nonlinear elliptic problems in unbounded domain,” Annales Academiæ Scientiarium Fennicæ. Mathematica, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 151–166, 2004.
- H. Mâagli and M. Zribi, “Existence and estimates of solutions for singular nonlinear elliptic problems,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 263, no. 2, pp. 522–542, 2001.
- J. Trubek, “Asymptotic behavior of solutions to on for ,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 106, no. 4, pp. 953–959, 1989.
- Z. Yin, “Bounded positive solutions of Schrödinger equations,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 527–533, 2004.
- Q. S. Zhang and Z. X. Zhao, “Singular solutions of semilinear elliptic and parabolic equations,” Mathematische Annalen, vol. 310, no. 4, pp. 777–794, 1998.
- Z. X. Zhao, “Green function for Schrödinger operator and conditioned Feynman-Kac gauge,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 116, no. 2, pp. 309–334, 1986.
- Z. X. Zhao, “On the existence of positive solutions of nonlinear elliptic equations—a probabilistic potential theory approach,” Duke Mathematical Journal, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 247–258, 1993.
Copyright © 2006 Habib Mâagli and Malek Zribi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.