- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 590326, 13 pages
Analysis of Wave Solutions of an Adhenovirus-Tumor Cell System
1Laboratoire des Interactions Ecotoxicologie, Biodiversité, Ecosystèmes, Université de Lorraine, CNRS UMR 7146, 8 rue du Général Delestraint, 57070 METZ, France
2Laboratoire de Mathématiques Raphaël Salem, Université de Rouen, UMR 6085 CNRS, Avenue de l'Université, P.O. Box 12, 76801 Saint Etienne du Rouvray, France
Received 2 December 2011; Accepted 13 February 2012
Academic Editor: Muhammad Aslam Noor
Copyright © 2012 Baba Issa Camara and Houda Mokrani. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Claes, A. J. Idema, and P. Wesseling, “Diffuse glioma growth: a guerilla war,” Acta Neuropathologica, vol. 114, no. 5, pp. 443–458, 2007.
- J. R. Bischoff, D. H. Kirn, A. Williams et al., “An adenovirus mutant that replicates selectively in p53-deficient human tumor cells,” Science, vol. 274, no. 5286, pp. 373–376, 1996.
- C. Heise, A. Sampson-Johannes, A. Williams, F. McCormick, D. D. Von Hoff, and D. H. Kirn, “ONYX-015, an E1b gene-attenuated adenovirus, causes tumor-specific cytolysis and antitumoral efficacy that can be augmented by standard chemotherapeutic agents,” Nature Medicine, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 639–645, 1997.
- E. A. Chiocca, K. M. Abbed, S. Tatter et al., “A phase I open-label, dose-escalation, multi-institutional trial of injection with an E1B-attenuated adenovirus, ONYX-015, into the peritumoral region of recurrent malignant gliomas, in the adjuvant setting,” Molecular Therapy, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 958–966, 2004.
- N. L. Komarova, “Mathematical modeling of tumorigenesis: mission possible,” Current Opinion in Oncology, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 39–43, 2005.
- A. S. Novozhilov, F. S. Berezovskaya, E. V. Koonin, and G. P. Karev, “Mathematical modeling of tumor therapy with oncolytic viruses: regimes with complete tumor elimination within the framework of deterministic models,” Biology Direct, vol. 1, article no. 6, 2006.
- J. T. Oden, A. Hawkins, and S. Prudhomme, “General diffuse-interface theories and an approach to predictive tumor growth modeling,” Mathematical Models & Methods in Applied Sciences, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 477–517, 2010.
- D. Wodarz, “Viruses as antitumor weapons: defining conditions for tumor remission,” Cancer Research, vol. 61, no. 8, pp. 3501–3507, 2001.
- D. Wodarz and N. Komarova, Computational Biology of Cancer: Lecture Notes And Mathematical Modelin, World Scientific, Singapour, 2005.
- B. I. Camara, H. Mokrani, and E. Afenya, “Mathematical modelling of gliomas therapy using oncolytic viruses,” to appear.
- W. Walter, “Differential inequalities and maximum principles: theory, new methods and applications,” vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 4695–4711, 1997.
- H. L. Smith, “Dynamics of competition,” in Mathematics Inspired by Biology, vol. 1714 of Lecture Notes in Math., pp. 191–240, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1999.