- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 926519, 6 pages
Analysis of Similarity/Dissimilarity of DNA Sequences Based on Chaos Game Representation
1School of Mathematics, Shandong University, Jinan 250100, China
2School of Science, Shandong Jianzhu University, Jinan 250101, China
Received 20 November 2012; Revised 27 January 2013; Accepted 8 February 2013
Academic Editor: Yong Zhang
Copyright © 2013 Wei Deng and Yihui Luan. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. K. Peng, S. V. Buldyrev, A. L. Goldberger et al., “Long-range correlations in nucleotide sequences,” Nature, vol. 356, no. 6365, pp. 168–170, 1992.
- J. S. Almeida, J. A. Carriço, A. Maretzek, P. A. Noble, and M. Fletcher, “Analysis of genomic sequences by Chaos Game Representation,” Bioinformatics, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 429–437, 2001.
- H. J. Jeffrey, “Chaos game representation of gene structure,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 2163–2170, 1990.
- S. V. Buldyrev, N. V. Dokholyan, A. L. Goldberger et al., “Analysis of DNA sequences using methods of statistical physics,” Physica A, vol. 249, no. 1–4, pp. 430–438, 1998.
- S. V. Buldyrev, A. L. Goldberger, S. Havlin, C. K. Peng, H. E. Stanley, and G. M. Visvanathan, Fractals in Biology and Medicine: from DNA To the Heartbeat, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1994.
- S. V. Buldyrev, A. L. Goldberger, S. Havlin, C.K. Peng, M. Simons, and H. E. Stanley, “Generalized Lévy-walk model for DNA nucleotide sequences,” Physical Eeview E, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 4514–4523, 1993.
- S. V. Buldyrev, A. L. Goldberger, S. Havlin et al., “Long-range correlation properties of coding and noncoding DNA sequences: GenBank analysis,” Physical Review E, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 5084–5091, 1995.
- G. Dodin, P. Vandergheynst, P. Levoir, C. Cordier, and L. Marcourt, “Fourier and wavelet transform analysis, a tool for visualizing regular patterns in DNA sequences,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 206, no. 3, pp. 323–326, 2000.
- A. A. Tsonis, P. Kumar, and J. B. Elsneretal, “Navelet analysis of DNA sequences,” Physical Review E, vol. 53, pp. 1828–1834, 1996.
- L. F. Luo, L. Tsai, and Y. M. Zhou, “Informational parameters of nucleic acid and molecular evolution,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 130, no. 3, pp. 351–361, 1988.
- L. F. Luo and L. Tsai, “Fractal dimension of nucleic acid and its relation to evolutionary level,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 5, pp. 421–424, 1988.
- A. Arneodo, Y. D'Aubenton-Carafa, E. Bacry, P. V. Graves, J. F. Muzy, and C. Thermes, “Wavelet based fractal analysis of DNA sequences,” Physica D, vol. 96, no. 1–4, pp. 291–320, 1996.
- F.-L. Bai, Y.-Z. Liu, and T.-M. Wang, “A representation of DNA primary sequences by random walk,” Mathematical Biosciences, vol. 209, no. 1, pp. 282–291, 2007.
- E. Hamori and J. Ruskin, “H curves, a novel method of representation of nucleotide series especially suited for long DNA sequences,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 258, no. 2, pp. 1318–1327, 1983.
- R. Zhang and C. T. Zhang, “Z-curve, an intuitive tool for visualizing and analyzing the DNA sequences,” Journal of Biomolecular Structure & Dynamics, vol. 11, pp. 767–782, 1994.
- X. F. Guo, M. Randic, and S. C. Basak, “A novel 2-D graphical representation of DNA sequences of low degeneracy,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 350, no. 1-2, pp. 106–112, 2001.
- M. Randic, “Graphical representations of DNA as 2-D map,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 386, pp. 468–471, 2004.
- G. H. Huang, B. Liao, Y. F. Liu, and Z. B. Liu, “HCL curve: a novel 2D graphical representation for DNA sequences,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 462, pp. 129–132, 2008.
- A. Nandy and P. Nandy, “On the uniqueness of quantitative DNA difference descriptions in 2D graphical representation models,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 368, no. 1-2, pp. 102–107, 2003.
- M. Randic, M. Vracko, N. Lers, and D. Plavsic, “Analysis of similarity/dissimilarity of DNA sequences based on novel 2-D graphical representation,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 371, pp. 202–207, 2003.
- Y. Yao and T. Wang, “A class of new 2-D graphical represent ation of DNA sequences and their application,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 398, pp. 318–323, 2004.
- B. Liao and K. Ding, “A 3D graphical representation of DNA sequences and its application,” Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 358, no. 1, pp. 56–64, 2006.
- Z. Cao, B. Liao, and R. Li, “A group of 3D graphical representation of DNA sequences based on dual nucleotides,” International Journal of Quantum Chemistry, vol. 108, no. 9, pp. 1485–1490, 2008.
- Y. Huang and T. Wang, “New graphical representation of a DNA sequence based on the ordered dinucleotides and its application to sequence analysis,” International Journal of Quantum Chemistry, vol. 112, pp. 1746–1757, 2012.
- B. Liao, Y. Zhang, K. Ding, and T. M. Wang, “Analysis of similarity/dissimilarity of DNA sequences based on a condensed curve representation,” Journal of Molecular Structure, vol. 717, no. 1–3, pp. 199–203, 2005.
- R. Chi and K. Ding, “Novel 4D numerical representation of DNA sequences,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 407, no. 1-3, pp. 63–67, 2005.
- B. Liao, R. Li, W. Zhu, and X. Xiang, “On the similarity of DNA primary sequences based on 5-D representation,” Journal of Mathematical Chemistry, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 47–57, 2007.
- B. Liao and T. M. Wang, “Analysis of similarity/dissimilarity of DNA sequences based on nonoverlapping triplets of nucleotide bases,” Journal of Chemical Information and Computer Sciences, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 1666–1670, 2004.
- J. Gao and Z. Y. Xu, “Chaos game representation (CGR)-walk model for DNA sequences,” Chinese Physics B, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 370–376, 2009.
- Z. G. Yu and V. Anh, “Time series model based on global structure of complete genome,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 1827–1834, 2001.
- L. L. Jiang, Z. Y. Xu, and J. Gao, “Multifractal hurst analysis of DNA sequence,” China Journal of Bioinformatics, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 264–267, 2009.