About this Journal
Aims and scope
The aim of Advances in Acoustics and Vibration is to act as a platform for dissemination of innovative and original research and development work in the area of acoustics and vibration. The target audience of the journal comprises both researchers and practitioners. Articles with innovative works of theoretical and/or experimental nature with research and/or application focus can be considered for publication in the journal.
Articles submitted for publication in Advances in Acoustics and Vibration must neither have been published previously nor be under consideration elsewhere.
Subject areas include (but are not limited to):
- Active, semi-active, passive and combined active-passive noise and vibration control
- Acoustic signal processing
- Aero-acoustics and aviation noise
- Architectural acoustics
- Audio acoustics, mechanisms of human hearing, musical acoustics
- Community and environmental acoustics and vibration
- Computational acoustics, numerical techniques
- Condition monitoring, health diagnostics, vibration testing, non-destructive testing
- Human response to sound and vibration, Occupational noise exposure and control
- Industrial, machinery, transportation noise and vibration
- Low, mid, and high frequency noise and vibration
- Materials for noise and vibration control
- Measurement and actuation techniques, sensors, actuators
- Modal analysis, statistical energy analysis, wavelet analysis, inverse methods
- Non-linear acoustics and vibration
- Sound and vibration sources, source localisation, sound propagation
- Underwater and ship acoustics
- Vibro-acoustics and shock
Application areas include (but are not limited to): Aircraft, agricultural machinery, automobiles, buildings, construction machinery, domestic appliances, ducts, fans, flexible 1D and 2D structures, office spaces, reciprocating and rotary compressors, robotic manipulators, space vehicles, rotary machines, unmanned air vehicles, urban transportation, gas turbine combustors.
ISSN: 1687-6261 (Print)
ISSN: 1687-627X (Online)
Advances in Acoustics and Vibration is an open access journal. All articles are immediately available to read and reuse upon publication. More information about our Open Access policy can be found on our copyright page.