Statistics and Applied Probability: A Tribute to Jeffrey J. HunterView this Special Issue
Research Article | Open Access
Alan Lee, "On the Semiparametric Efficiency of the Scott-Wild Estimator under Choice-Based and Two-Phase Sampling", Advances in Decision Sciences, vol. 2007, Article ID 086180, 23 pages, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1155/2007/86180
On the Semiparametric Efficiency of the Scott-Wild Estimator under Choice-Based and Two-Phase Sampling
Using a projection approach, we obtain an asymptotic information bound for estimates of parameters in general regression models under choice-based and two-phase outcome-dependent sampling. The asymptotic variances of the semiparametric estimates of Scott and Wild (1997, 2001) are compared to these bounds and the estimates are found to be fully efficient.
- A. J. Scott and C. J. Wild, “Fitting regression models to case-control data by maximum likelihood,” Biometrika, vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 57–71, 1997.
- A. J. Scott and C. J. Wild, “Maximum likelihood for generalised case-control studies,” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 3–27, 2001.
- C. J. Wild, “Fitting prospective regression models to case-control data,” Biometrika, vol. 78, no. 4, pp. 705–717, 1991.
- A. Lee, A. J. Scott, and C. J. Wild, “Fitting binary regression models with case-augmented samples,” Biometrika, vol. 93, no. 2, pp. 385–397, 2006.
- P. J. Bickel, C. A. Klaassen, Y. Ritov, and J. A. Wellner, Efficient and Adaptive Estimation for Semiparametric Models, Johns Hopkins Series in the Mathematical Sciences, Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, Md, USA, 1993.
- N. E. Breslow, J. M. Robins, and J. A. Wellner, “On the semi-parametric efficiency of logistic regression under case-control sampling,” Bernoulli, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 447–455, 2000.
- N. E. Breslow, B. McNeney, and J. A. Wellner, “Large sample theory for semiparametric regression models with two-phase, outcome dependent sampling,” The Annals of Statistics, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 1110–1139, 2003.
- J. M. Robins, F. Hsieh, and W. Newey, “Semiparametric efficient estimation of a conditional density with missing or mismeasured covariates,” Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 409–424, 1995.
- B. McNeney and J. A. Wellner, “Application of convolution theorems in semiparametric models with non-i.i.d. data,” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, vol. 91, no. 2, pp. 441–480, 2000.
- P. J. Bickel and J. Kwon, “Inference for semiparametric models: some questions and an answer,” Statistica Sinica, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 863–960, 2001.
- W. K. Newey, “The asymptotic variance of semiparametric estimators,” Econometrica, vol. 62, no. 6, pp. 1349–1382, 1994.
- A. Lee and Y. Hirose, “Semi-parametric efficiency bounds for regression models under case-control sampling: the profile likelihood approach,” submitted to Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics.
Copyright © 2007 Alan Lee. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.