- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Meteorology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 167436, 11 pages
Sensitivity Study of Four Land Surface Schemes in the WRF Model
1Departments of Watershed Sciences & Plants, Soils, and Climate, UT 84322-1400 State University, Logan, Utah, USA
2Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Earth Sciences Division, Department of Geography, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
3Department of Earth and Planetary Science, University of California at Berkeley, Beverley, CA 94720, USA
Received 1 January 2010; Revised 14 April 2010; Accepted 1 May 2010
Academic Editor: Song Y. Hong
Copyright © 2010 Jiming Jin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [38 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Manju Mohan, and Shweta Bhati, “Analysis of WRF Model Performance over Subtropical Region of Delhi, India,” Advances in Meteorology, vol. 2011, pp. 1–13, 2011.
- Juraj Bartok, Andreas Bott, and Martin Gera, “Fog Prediction for Road Traffic Safety in a Coastal Desert Region,” Boundary-Layer Meteorology, vol. 145, no. 3, pp. 485–506, 2012.
- Lin Zhao, Jiming Jin, Shih-Yu Wang, and Michael B. Ek, “Integration of remote-sensing data with WRF to improve lake-effect precipitation simulations over the Great Lakes region,” Journal Of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres, vol. 117, 2012.
- Jiming Jin, and Lijuan Wen, “Evaluation of snowmelt simulation in the Weather Research and Forecasting model,” Journal Of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres, vol. 117, 2012.
- Yu-Heng Tseng, Shou-Hung Chien, Jiming Jin, and Norman L. Miller, “Modeling Air-Land-Sea Interactions Using the Integrated Regional Model System in Monterey Bay, California,” Monthly Weather Review, vol. 140, no. 4, pp. 1285–1306, 2012.
- Mohammad Sohrabinia, Wolfgang Rack, and Peyman Zawar-Reza, “Analysis of MODIS LST Compared with WRF Model and in situ Data over the Waimakariri River Basin, Canterbury, New Zealand,” Remote Sensing, vol. 4, no. 12, pp. 3501–3527, 2012.
- Y. Ke, L. R. Leung, M. Huang, A. M. Coleman, H. Li, and M. S. Wigmosta, “Development of high resolution land surface parameters for the Community Land Model,” Geoscientific Model Development, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 1341–1362, 2012.
- P. A. Mooney, F. J. Mulligan, and R. Fealy, “Evaluation of the Sensitivity of the Weather Research and Forecasting Model to Parameterization Schemes for Regional Climates of Europe over the Period 1990-95,” Journal Of Climate, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 1002–1017, 2013.
- Yanfei Li, Zhaohua Li, Zhihui Li, Xiaoli Geng, and Xiangzheng Deng, “Numerical Simulation of the Effects of Grassland Degradation on the Surface Climate in Overgrazing Area of Northwest China,” Advances in Meteorology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Fang Yin, Yihui Xiong, Li Jiang, and Zhiguo Pang, “Projected Impacts of Bioenergy-Demand-Induced Land Use and Cover Changes on Regional Climate in Central Europe,” Advances in Meteorology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Yi Qu, Feng Wu, Haiming Yan, Bangrong Shu, and Xiangzheng Deng, “Possible Influence of the Cultivated Land Reclamation on Surface Climate in India: A WRF Model Based Simulation,” Advances in Meteorology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Xiangzheng Deng, Chunhong Zhao, and Haiming Yan, “Systematic Modeling of Impacts of Land Use and Land Cover Changes on Regional Climate: A Review,” Advances in Meteorology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–11, 2013.
- Zhihui Li, Xiangzheng Deng, Qingling Shi, Xinli Ke, and Yingcheng Liu, “Modeling the Impacts of Boreal Deforestation on the Near-Surface Temperature in European Russia,” Advances in Meteorology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Chunhong Zhao, Qunou Jiang, Zhongxiao Sun, Haiyue Zhong, and Shasha Lu, “Projected Urbanization Impacts on Surface Climate and Energy Budgets in the Pearl River Delta of China,” Advances in Meteorology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- Rui Yu, Xinsheng Wang, Zhe Yan, Haiming Yan, and Qunou Jiang, “Regional Climate Effects of Conversion from Grassland to Forestland in Southeastern China,” Advances in Meteorology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Khairunnisa Yahya, Kai Wang, Masilin Gudoshava, Timothy Glotfelty, and Yang Zhang, “Application of WRF/Chem over North America under the AQMEII Phase 2: Part I. Comprehensive Evaluation of 2006 Simulation,” Atmospheric Environment, 2014.
- A. Onuchin, M. Korets, A. Shvidenko, T. Burenina, and A. Musokhranova, “Modeling air temperature changes in Northern Asia,” Global and Planetary Change, 2014.
- Feng Chen, Changhai Liu, Jimy Dudhia, and Ming Chen, “A sensitivity study of high-resolution regional climate simulations to three land surface models over the western United States,” Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 2014.
- L. Zhao, S.-Y. Wang, J. Jin, and A. J. Clark, “Weather Research and Forecasting model simulations of a rare springtime bow echo near the Great Salt Lake, USA,” Meteorological Applications, 2014.
- Mammatt Sohrabinia, Wolfgang Rack, and Peyman Zawar-Reza, “Soil moisture derived using two apparent thermal inertia functions over Canterbury, New Zealand,” Journal of Applied Remote Sensing, vol. 8, 2014.
- S. C. Kar, P. Mali, and A. Routray, “Impact of Land Surface Processes on the South Asian Monsoon Simulations Using WRF Modeling System,” Pure and Applied Geophysics, 2014.
- Jatin Kala, Julia Andrys, Tom J. Lyons, Ian J. Foster, and Bradley J. Evans, “Sensitivity of WRF to driving data and physics options on a seasonal time-scale for the southwest of Western Australia,” Climate Dynamics, 2014.
- Steven Geinitz, Reinhard Furrer, and Stephan R. Sain, “Bayesian multilevel analysis of variance for relative comparison across sources of global climate model variability,” International Journal of Climatology, 2014.
- Xiangzheng Deng, Chunhong Zhao, Yingzhi Lin, Tao Zhang, Yi Qu, Fan Zhang, Zhan Wang, and Feng Wu, “Downscaling the Impacts of Large-Scale LUCC on Surface Temperature along with IPCC RCPs: A Global Perspective,” Energies, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 2720–2739, 2014.
- X Wang, M Yang, and G Pang, “Sensitivity of regional climate simulations to land-surface schemes on the Tibetan Plateau,” Climate Research, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 25–43, 2014.
- Tanvir Islam, Prashant K. Srivastava, Miguel A. Rico-Ramirez, Qiang Dai, Manika Gupta, and Sudhir K. Singh, “Tracking a tropical cyclone through WRF–ARW simulation and sensitivity of model physics,” Natural Hazards, 2014.
- Chun-Chao Kuo, Thian Yew Gan, and Janel L. Hanrahan, “Precipitation frequency analysis based on regional climate simulations in Central Alberta,” Journal of Hydrology, 2014.
- L. Xu, R. D. Pyles, K. T. Paw, S. H. Chen, and E. Monier, “Coupling the high-complexity land surface model ACASA to the mesoscale model WRF,” Geoscientific Model Development, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 2917–2932, 2014.
- T. Haghroosta, W. R. Ismail, P. Ghafarian, and S. M. Barekati, “The efficiency of the Weather Research and Forecasting (WRF) model for simulating typhoons,” Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 2179–2187, 2014.
- Pedro Sequera, Jorge E. González, Kyle McDonald, Robert Bornstein, and Daniel Comarazamy, “Combined impacts of land cover changes and large-scale forcing on Southern California summer daily maximum temperatures,” Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 2015.
- Srikanth Madala, A.N.V. Satyanarayana, C.V. Srinivas, and Manoj Kumar, “Mesoscale atmospheric flow-field simulations for air quality modeling over complex terrain region of Ranchi in eastern India using WRF,” Atmospheric Environment, vol. 107, pp. 315–328, 2015.
- Binbin Wang, Yaoming Ma, Xuelong Chen, Weiqiang Ma, Zhongbo Su, and Massimo Menenti, “Observation and simulation of lake-air heat and water transfer processes in a high-altitude shallow lake on the Tibetan Plateau,” Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, vol. 120, no. 24, pp. 12327–12344, 2015.
- Shai Kaplan, Matei Georgescu, Nurit Alfasi, and Itai Kloog, “Impact of future urbanization on a hot summer: a case study of Israel,” Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 2015.
- Yaqiong Lu, Jiming Jin, and Lara M. Kueppers, “Crop growth and irrigation interact to influence surface fluxes in a regional climate-cropland model (WRF3.3-CLM4crop),” Climate Dynamics, vol. 45, no. 11-12, pp. 3347–3363, 2015.
- K. Yahya, K. Wang, Y. Zhang, and T. E. Kleindienst, “Application of WRF/Chem over North America under the AQMEII Phase 2-Part 2: Evaluation of 2010 application and responses of air quality and meteorolog,” Geoscientific Model Development, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 2095–2117, 2015.
- Pedro Sequera, Jorge E. González, Kyle McDonald, Steve LaDochy, and Daniel Comarazamy, “Improvements in Land-Use Classification for Estimating Daytime Surface Temperatures and Sea-Breeze Flows in Southern California,” Earth Interactions, vol. 20, no. 16, pp. 1–32, 2016.
- Peter Christiaan Kalverla, Gert-Jan Duine, Gert-Jan Steeneveld, and Thierry Hedde, “Evaluation of the Weather Research and Forecasting Model in the Durance Valley Complex Terrain during the KASCADE Field Campaign,” Journal Of Applied Meteorology And Climatology, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 861–882, 2016.
- P. A. Mooney, F. J. Mulligan, and C. Broderick, “Diurnal cycle of precipitation over the British Isles in a 0.44° WRF multiphysics regional climate ensemble over the period 1990–1995,” Climate Dynamics, 2016.