- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 679063, 18 pages
Existence and Linear Stability of Equilibrium Points in the Robe’s Restricted Three-Body Problem with Oblateness
1Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria
2Department of Mathematics Statistics and Computer Science, College of Science and Technology, Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna, Nigeria
Received 26 March 2012; Accepted 2 July 2012
Academic Editor: Burak Polat
Copyright © 2012 Jagadish Singh and Abubakar Umar Sandah. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. A. G. Robe, “A new kind of three body problem,” Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy, vol. 16, pp. 343–351, 1977.
- C. M. Giordano, A. R. Plastino, and A. Plastino, “Robe's restricted three-body problem with drag,” Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 229–242, 1996.
- P. P. Hallan and N. Rana, “The existence and stability of equilibrium points in the Robe's restricted three-body problem,” Celestial Mechanics & Dynamical Astronomy, vol. 79, no. 2, pp. 145–155, 2001.
- P. P. Hallan and K. B. Mangang, “Existence and linear stability of equilibrium points in the Robe's restricted three body problem when the first primary is an oblate spheroid,” Planetary and Space Science, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 512–516, 2007.
- A. R. Plastino and A. Plastino, “Robe's restricted three-body problem revisited,” Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 197–206, 1995.
- R. K. Sharma and P. V. Subba Rao, “Stationary solutions and their characteristic exponents in the restricted three-body problem when the more massive primary is an oblate spheroid,” Celestial Mechanics, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 137–149, 1976.
- J. Singh and B. Ishwar, “Stability of triangular points in the generalized photogravitational restricted three-body problem,” Bulletin of the Astronomical Society of India, vol. 27, pp. 415–424, 1999.
- C. N. Douskos and V. V. Markellos, “Out-of-plane equilibrium points in the restricted three-body problem with oblateness,” Astronomy and Astrophysics, vol. 446, no. 1, pp. 357–360, 2006.
- J. Singh and O. Leke, “Stability of the photogravitational restricted three-body problem with variable masses,” Astrophysics and Space Science, vol. 326, pp. 305–314, 2010.
- V. V. Radzievskii, “The restricted problem of three bodies taking account of light pressure,” Astronomicheskii Zhurnal, vol. 27, pp. 250–256, 1950.
- J. Singh, “Combined effects of perturbations, radiation and oblateness on the nonlinear stability of triangular points in the restricted three-body problem,” Astrophysics and SpaceScience, vol. 332, pp. 331–339, 2011.