- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 158067, 8 pages
Modeling Approach for Determining Equivalent Optical Constants of Plastic Shading Nets under Solar Radiation Conditions
1Department of Agricultural Engineering, College of Food and Agriculture Sciences, King Saud University, P.O. Box 2460, Riyadh 11451, Saudi Arabia
2Mechanical Power Engineering Department, Faculty of Energy Engineering, South Valley University, Aswan 81528, Egypt
Received 16 February 2012; Accepted 3 August 2012
Academic Editor: Fengqiang Sun
Copyright © 2012 A. M. Abdel-Ghany and I. M. Al-Helal. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Castellano, G. M. Scarascia, G. Russo, et al., “Plastic nets in agriculture: a general review of types and applications,” Applied Engineering in Agriculture, vol. 24, pp. 799–808, 2008.
- S. Castellano, G. Russo, and G. Scarascia Mugnozza, “The influence of construction parameters on radiometric performances of agricultural nets,” Acta Horticulturae, vol. 718, pp. 283–290, 2006.
- D. Briassoulis, A. Mistriotis, and D. Eleftherakis, “Mechanical behaviour and properties of agricultural nets—part II: analysis of the performance of the main categories of agricultural nets,” Polymer Testing, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 970–984, 2007.
- D. Briassoulis, A. Mistriotis, and D. Eleftherakis, “Mechanical behaviour and properties of agricultural nets—part I: testing methods for agricultural nets,” Polymer Testing, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 822–832, 2007.
- A. M. Abdel-Ghany and I. M. Al-Helal, “Characterization of solar radiation transmission through plastic shading nets,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 94, no. 8, pp. 1371–1378, 2010.
- A. M. Abdel-Ghany and I. M. Al-Helal, “Analysis of solar radiation transfer: a method to estimate the porosity of a plastic shading net,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 1755–1762, 2011.
- S. Hemming, G. L. A. M. Swinkels, S. Castellano, G. Russo, and G. M. Scarascia, “Numerical model to estimate the radiometric performance of net covered structures (AGRONETS),” in Proceedings of the Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering for a Sustainable World (AgEng '08), Crete, Greece, June 2008.
- I. M. Al-Helal and A. M. Abdel-Ghany, “Measuring and evaluating solar radiative properties of plastic shading nets,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 95, no. 2, pp. 677–683, 2011.
- I. M. Al-Helal and A. M. Abdel-Ghany, “Responses of plastic shading nets to global and diffuse PAR transfer: optical properties and evaluation,” Wageningen Journal of Life Sciences, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 125–132, 2010.
- A. M. Abdel-Ghany, T. Kozai, and C. Chun, “Evaluation of selected greenhouse covers for use in regions with a hot climate,” Japanese Journal of Tropical Agriculture, vol. 45, pp. 242–250, 2001.
- L. He, T. H. Short, and X. Yang, “Solar radiation transmittance of a double-walled acrylic pellet-insulated greenhouse,” Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 2559–2563, 1991.
- J. A. Duffie and W. A. Beckman, Solar Engineering of Thermal Processes, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1991.
- M. M. Elsayed, I. S. Taha, and J. A. Sabbagh, Design of Solar Thermal Systems, Scientific Publishing Center, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, 1st edition, 1994.
- S. S. Soulayman, Z. Nassif, and A. Harfoush, “Transmittance, reflectance and absorptance of multi-plate planar window,” Renewable Energy, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 211–217, 1991.
- A. M. Abdel-Ghany, T. Kozai, C. Kubota, and I. S. Taha, “Investigation of the spectral optical properties of the liquid radiation filters for using in the greenhouse application,” Japan Journal of Agriculture Meteorology, vol. 57, pp. 11–19, 2001.