- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 206380, 7 pages
Study of Ruthenium Complex Sensitizer and Gold Nanoparticles Doped Flexible Organic Solar Cells
Department of Electro-Optical Engineering, National Taipei University of Technology, No. 1, Section 3, Chung-Hsiao East Road, Taipei 106, Taiwan
Received 12 June 2012; Accepted 3 September 2012
Academic Editor: Fengqiang Sun
Copyright © 2012 Cheng-Chiang Chen and Lung-Chien Chen. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. S. Hsiao, C. P. Chen, C. H. Chao, and W. T. Whang, “All-solution-processed inverted polymer solar cells on granular surface-nickelized polyimide,” Organic Electronics, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 551–561, 2009.
- I. Sasajima, S. Uesaka, T. Kuwabara, T. Yamaguchi, and K. Takahashi, “Flexible inverted polymer solar cells containing an amorphous titanium oxide electron collection electrode,” Organic Electronics, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 113–118, 2011.
- F. Wang, Z. Chen, L. Xiao, B. Qu, and Q. Gong, “Papery solar cells based on dielectric/metal hybrid transparent cathode,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 94, no. 7, pp. 1270–1274, 2010.
- A. Bedeloglu, A. Demir, Y. Bozkurt, and N. S. Sariciftci, “A flexible textile structure based on polymeric photovoltaics using transparent cathode,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 159, no. 19-20, pp. 2043–2048, 2009.
- Y. T. Cheng, J. J. Ho, C. K. Wang et al., “Improvement of organic solar cells by flexible substrate and ITO surface treatments,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 256, no. 24, pp. 7606–7611, 2010.
- P. Kopola, T. Aernouts, R. Sliz et al., “Gravure printed flexible organic photovoltaic modules,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 95, no. 5, pp. 1344–1347, 2011.
- M. M. Voigt, R. C. I. MacKenzie, C. P. Yau et al., “Gravure printing for three subsequent solar cell layers of inverted structures on flexible substrates,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 95, no. 2, pp. 731–734, 2011.
- M. Manceau, D. Angmo, M. Jørgensen, and F. C. Krebs, “ITO-free flexible polymer solar cells: from small model devices to roll-to-roll processed large modules,” Organic Electronics, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 566–574, 2011.
- F. C. Krebs, “Polymer solar cell modules prepared using roll-to-roll methods: knife-over-edge coating, slot-die coating and screen printing,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 93, no. 4, pp. 465–475, 2009.
- N. Espinosa, R. García-Valverde, A. Urbina, and F. C. Krebs, “A life cycle analysis of polymer solar cell modules prepared using roll-to-roll methods under ambient conditions,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 95, no. 5, pp. 1293–1302, 2011.
- B. Zimmermann, H. F. Schleiermacher, M. Niggemann, and U. Würfel, “ITO-free flexible inverted organic solar cell modules with high fill factor prepared by slot die coating,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 95, no. 7, pp. 1587–1589, 2011.
- F. C. Krebs, “All solution roll-to-roll processed polymer solar cells free from indium-tin-oxide and vacuum coating steps,” Organic Electronics, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 761–768, 2009.
- T. T. T. Luong, Z. Chen, and H. Zhu, “Flexible solar cells based on copper phthalocyanine and buckminsterfullerene,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 94, no. 6, pp. 1059–1063, 2010.
- C. J. Brabec, N. S. Sariciftci, and J. C. Hummelen, “Plastic solar cells,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 15–26, 2001.
- M. Al-Ibrahim, H. K. Roth, U. Zhokhavets, G. Gobsch, and S. Sensfuss, “Flexible large area polymer solar cells based on poly(3-hexylthiophene)/ fullerene,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 85, no. 1, pp. 13–20, 2005.
- J. P. Liu, K. L. Choy, and X. H. Hou, “Charge transport in flexible solar cells based on conjugated polymer and ZnO nanoparticulate thin films,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 1966–1969, 2011.
- N. Sun, G. Fang, P. Qin et al., “Efficient flexible organic solar cells with room temperature sputtered and highly conductive NiO as hole-transporting layer,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 43, no. 44, Article ID 445101, 2010.
- Y. Liang, Z. Xu, J. Xia et al., “For the bright future—bulk heterojunction polymer solar cells with power conversion efficiency of 7.4%,” Advanced Materials, vol. 22, no. 20, pp. E135–E138, 2010.
- K. Akamatsu, S. Ikeda, and H. Nawafune, “Site-selective direct silver metallization on surface-modified polyimide layers,” Langmuir, vol. 19, no. 24, pp. 10366–10371, 2003.
- H. K. Kim, J. A. Jeong, K. H. Choi, S. W. Jeong, and J. W. Kang, “Characteristics of flexible ito electrodes grown by continuous facing target roll-to-roll sputtering for flexible organic solar cells,” Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. H169–H172, 2009.
- G. Yu, J. Gao, J. C. Hummelen, F. Wudl, and A. J. Heeger, “Polymer photovoltaic cells: enhanced efficiencies via a network of internal donor-acceptor heterojunctions,” Science, vol. 270, no. 5243, pp. 1789–1791, 1995.
- M. A. López, J. C. Sánchez, and M. Estrada, “Characterization of PEDOT:PSS dilutions for inkjet printing applied to OLED fabrication,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Caribbean Conference on Devices, Circuits and Systems (ICCDCS'08), pp. 1–4, Cancun, Mexico, April 2008.
- S. K. Hau, H. L. Yip, J. Zou, and A. K. Y. Jen, “Indium tin oxide-free semi-transparent inverted polymer solar cells using conducting polymer as both bottom and top electrodes,” Organic Electronics, vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 1401–1407, 2009.
- E. Vitoratos, S. Sakkopoulos, E. Dalas et al., “Thermal degradation mechanisms of PEDOT:PSS,” Organic Electronics, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 61–66, 2009.
- B. Friedel, P. E. Keivanidis, T. J. K. Brenner et al., “Effects of layer thickness and annealing of PEDOT:PSS layers in organic photodetectors,” Macromolecules, vol. 42, no. 17, pp. 6741–6747, 2009.
- S. M. Sze, Physics of Semiconductor Devices, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1981.
- K. Nishioka, T. Takamoto, T. Agui, M. Kaneiwa, Y. Uraoka, and T. Fuyuki, “Evaluation of InGaP/InGaAs/Ge triple-junction solar cell and optimization of solar cell's structure focusing on series resistance for high-efficiency concentrator photovoltaic systems,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 90, no. 9, pp. 1308–1321, 2006.
- W. H. Lee, S. Y. Chuang, H. L. Chen, W. F. Su, and C. H. Lin, “Exploiting optical properties of P3HT:PCBM films for organic solar cells with semitransparent anode,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 518, no. 24, pp. 7450–7454, 2010.
- T. Horiuchi, H. Miura, K. Sumioka, and S. Uchida, “High efficiency of dye-sensitized solar cells based on metal-free indoline dyes,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 126, no. 39, pp. 12218–12219, 2004.
- S. Q. Fan, C. Kim, B. Fang et al., “Improved efficiency of over 10% in dye-sensitized solar cells with a ruthenium complex and an organic dye heterogeneously positioning on a single TiO2 electrode,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 115, no. 15, pp. 7747–7754, 2011.
- M. K. Nazeeruddin, R. Humphry-Baker, P. Liska, and M. Grätzel, “Investigation of sensitizer adsorption and the influence of protons on current and voltage of a dye-sensitized nanocrystalline TiO2 solar cell,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 107, no. 34, pp. 8981–8987, 2003.
- S. W. Tong, C. F. Zhang, C. Y. Jiang et al., “Improvement in the hole collection of polymer solar cells by utilizing gold nanoparticle buffer layer,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 453, no. 1–3, pp. 73–76, 2008.
- C. Hägglund, M. Zäch, and B. Kasemo, “Enhanced charge carrier generation in dye sensitized solar cells by nanoparticle plasmons,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 92, no. 1, Article ID 013113, 3 pages, 2008.
- S. Barazzouk and S. Hotchandani, “Enhanced charge separation in chlorophyll a solar cell by gold nanoparticles,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 96, no. 12, pp. 7744–7746, 2004.