- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 801230, 7 pages
Hydrogen Storage Enhancement Attained by Fixation of Ti on MWNTs
1Centro de Investigación y Desarrollo Tecnológico en Electroquímica, S.C. Subdirección de Investigación, Parque Tecnológico Querétaro-Sanfandila, 76703 Pedro Escobedo, QRO, Mexico
2Departamento de Metalmecánica, Instituto Tecnológico de Querétaro, Avenida Tecnológico s/n Esq. M. Escobedo, Col. Centro, 76000 Querétaro, QRO, Mexico
3División de Investigación y Posgrado, Facultad de Ingeniería, Universidad Autónoma de Querétaro (UAQ), Centro Universitario, 76010 Querétaro, QRO, Mexico
4Programa de Ingeniería Molecular, Instituto Mexicano del Petróleo, Eje Central Lázaro Cárdenas 152, A. P. 14-805, 07730 México City, DF, Mexico
Received 23 March 2012; Revised 8 June 2012; Accepted 17 June 2012
Academic Editor: Jasmina Grbovic Novakovic
Copyright © 2012 J. J. Pérez-Bueno et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. M. Lee and Y. H. Lee, “Hydrogen storage in single-walled carbon nanotubes,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 76, no. 20, pp. 2877–2879, 2000.
- F. Lamari Darkrim, P. Malbrunot, and G. P. Tartaglia, “Review of hydrogen storage by adsorption in carbon nanotubes,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 193–202, 2002.
- A. Nikitin, H. Ogasawara, D. Mann et al., “Hydrogenation of single-walled carbon nanotubes,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 95, no. 22, Article ID 225507, pp. 1–4, 2005.
- A. C. Dillon, K. M. Jones, T. A. Bekkedahl, C. H. Kiang, D. S. Bethune, and M. J. Heben, “Storage of hydrogen in single-walled carbon nanotubes,” Nature, vol. 386, no. 6623, pp. 377–379, 1997.
- A. C. Dillon, E. Whitney, C. Engtrakul et al., “Novel organometallic fullerene complexes for vehicular hydrogen storage,” Physica Status Solidi B, vol. 244, no. 11, pp. 4319–4322, 2007.
- A. C. Dillon and M. J. Heben, “Hydrogen storage using carbon adsorbents: past, present and future,” Applied Physics A, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 133–142, 2001.
- P. Santhosh, A. Gopalan, and K. P. Lee, “Gold nanoparticles dispersed polyaniline grafted multiwall carbon nanotubes as newer electrocatalysts: preparation and performances for methanol oxidation,” Journal of Catalysis, vol. 238, no. 1, pp. 177–185, 2006.
- Y. Feng, T. Yang, W. Zhang, C. Jiang, and K. Jiao, “Enhanced sensitivity for deoxyribonucleic acid electrochemical impedance sensor: Gold nanoparticle/polyaniline nanotube membranes,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 616, no. 2, pp. 144–151, 2008.
- L. Yuan, M. Yang, F. Qu, G. Shen, and R. Yu, “Seed-mediated growth of platinum nanoparticles on carbon nanotubes for the fabrication of electrochemical biosensors,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 53, no. 10, pp. 3559–3565, 2008.
- Y. Umasankar, S. Thiagarajan, and S. M. Chen, “Pinecone shape hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin on a film of multi-walled carbon nanotubes coated with gold particles for the simultaneous determination of tyrosine, guanine, adenine and thymine,” Carbon, vol. 45, no. 14, pp. 2783–2796, 2007.
- A. M. Showkat, K. P. Lee, A. I. Gopalan, S. H. Choi, and Y. C. Nho, “Dispersion of gold nanoparticles into thiol-functionalized carbon nanotubes by γ-radiation,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 1688–1692, 2007.
- X. Kang, Z. Mai, X. Zou, P. Cai, and J. Mo, “A novel glucose biosensor based on immobilization of glucose oxidase in chitosan on a glassy carbon electrode modified with gold-platinum alloy nanoparticles/multiwall carbon nanotubes,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 369, no. 1, pp. 71–79, 2007.
- Q. Kang, L. Yang, and Q. Cai, “An electro-catalytic biosensor fabricated with Pt-Au nanoparticle-decorated titania nanotube array,” Bioelectrochemistry, vol. 74, no. 1, pp. 62–65, 2008.
- I. Paramasivam, J. M. Macak, and P. Schmuki, “Photocatalytic activity of TiO2 nanotube layers loaded with Ag and Au nanoparticles,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 71–75, 2008.
- N. A. Kumar and Y. T. Jeong, “Fabrication of conducting polyaniline-multiwalled carbon nanotube nanocomposites and their use as templates for loading gold nanoparticles,” Polymer International, vol. 59, no. 10, pp. 1367–1374, 2010.
- X. R. Ye, Y. Lin, C. Wang, M. H. Engelhard, Y. Wang, and C. M. Wai, “Supercritical fluid synthesis and characterization of catalytic metal nanoparticles on carbon nanotubes,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 908–913, 2004.
- F. Zuliani and E. J. Baerends, “Addition of titanium as a potential catalyst for a high-capacity hydrogen storage medium,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 20, no. 6, Article ID 064242, 2008.
- X. Qin, X. P. Gao, H. Liu et al., “Electrochemical hydrogen storage of multiwalled carbon nanotubes,” Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, vol. 3, no. 12, pp. 532–535, 2000.
- Z. P. Guo, S. H. Ng, J. Z. Wang et al., “Electrochemical hydrogen storage in single-walled carbon nanotube paper,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 713–718, 2006.
- C. Nutzenadel, A. Zuttel, D. Chartouni, and L. Schlapbach, “Electrochemical storage of hydrogen in nanotube materials,” Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 30–32, 1999.
- A. K. M. Fazle Kibria, Y. H. Mo, K. S. Park, and K. S. Nahm, “Electrochemical hydrogen storage behaviors of CVD, AD and LA grown carbon nanotubes in KOH medium,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 823–829, 2001.
- G. P. Dai, M. Liu, M. Z. Wang, and H. M. Cheng, “Research progress of electrochemical hydrogen storage in carbon nanotubes,” New Carbon Materials, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 70–74, 2002.
- P. P. Prosini, A. Pozio, S. Botti, and R. Ciardi, “Electrochemical studies of hydrogen evolution, storage and oxidation on carbon nanotube electrodes,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 118, no. 1-2, pp. 265–269, 2003.
- Y. S. Nechaev and O. K. Alekseeva, “Methodological, applied and thermodynamic aspects of hydrogen sorption by graphite and related carbon nanostructures,” Uspekhi Khimii, vol. 73, no. 12, pp. 1308–1337, 2004.
- Ch. Nützenadel, A. Züttel, Ch. Emmenegger, P. Sudan, and L. Schlapbach, “Electrochemical storage of hydrogen in carbon single wall nanotubes,” in Science and Applications of Nanotubes, D. Tománek and R. J. J. Enbody, Eds., Fundamental Materials Research Series, pp. 205–213, Kluwer Academic Publishers, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- C. T. Hsieh, Y. W. Chou, and J. Y. Lin, “Fabrication and electrochemical activity of Ni-attached carbon nanotube electrodes for hydrogen storage in alkali electrolyte,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 32, no. 15, pp. 3457–3464, 2007.
- M. Li, Y. Li, Z. Zhou, P. Shen, and Z. Chen, “Ca-Coated boron fullerenes and nanotubes as superior hydrogen storage materials,” Nano Letters, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 1944–1948, 2009.
- T. Yildirim and S. Ciraci, “Titanium-decorated carbon nanotubes as a potential high-capacity hydrogen storage medium,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 94, no. 17, Article ID 175501, 2005.
- S. Dag, Y. Ozturk, S. Ciraci, and T. Yildirim, “Adsorption and dissociation of hydrogen molecules on bare and functionalized carbon nanotubes,” Physical Review B, vol. 72, no. 15, Article ID 155404, pp. 1–8, 2005.
- S. A. Shevlin and Z. X. Guo, “High-capacity room-temperature hydrogen storage in carbon nanotubes via defect-modulated titanium doping,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 44, pp. 17456–17464, 2008.
- S. Bhattacharya, C. Majumder, and G. P. Das, “Hydrogen storage in Ti-decorated BC4N nanotube,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 45, pp. 17487–17491, 2008.
- N. Akman, E. Durgun, T. Yildirim, and S. Ciraci, “Hydrogen storage capacity of titanium met-cars,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 18, no. 41, article 017, pp. 9509–9517, 2006.