- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 923403, 5 pages
Preparation and Characterization of Reduced Graphene Oxide Sheets via Water-Based Exfoliation and Reduction Methods
1Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Technology, Silpakorn University,
Nakhon Pathom 73000, Thailand
2National Center of Excellence for Petroleum, Petrochemicals and Advanced Materials, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Received 29 May 2013; Revised 3 August 2013; Accepted 9 August 2013
Academic Editor: Peter Majewski
Copyright © 2013 Vorrada Loryuenyong et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. A. Arbuzov, V. E. Muradyan, and B. P. Tarasov, “Synthesis of few-layer graphene sheets via chemical and thermal reduction of graphite oxide,” in Proceedings of the International Conference Nanomaterials: Applications and Properties, 2012.
- V. Singh, D. Joung, L. Zhai, S. Das, S. I. Khondaker, and S. Seal, “Graphene based materials: past, present and future,” Progress in Materials Science, vol. 56, no. 8, pp. 1178–1271, 2011.
- K. Wang, T. Feng, M. Qian, H. Ding, Y. Chen, and Z. Sun, “The field emission of vacuum filtered graphene films reduced by microwave,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 257, no. 13, pp. 5808–5812, 2011.
- S. Pei and H. M. Cheng, “The reduction of graphene oxide,” Carbon, vol. 50, no. 9, pp. 3210–3228, 2012.
- K.-H. Liao, A. Mittal, S. Bose, C. Leighton, K. A. Mkhoyan, and C. W. MacOsko, “Aqueous only route toward graphene from graphite oxide,” ACS Nano, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 1253–1258, 2011.
- J. Wu, X. Shen, L. Jiang, K. Wang, and K. Chen, “Solvothermal synthesis and characterization of sandwich-like graphene/ZnO nanocomposites,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 256, no. 9, pp. 2826–2830, 2010.
- S. Park and R. S. Ruoff, “Chemical methods for the production of graphenes,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 217–224, 2009.
- S. Stankovich, D. A. Dikin, R. D. Piner et al., “Synthesis of graphene-based nanosheets via chemical reduction of exfoliated graphite oxide,” Carbon, vol. 45, no. 7, pp. 1558–1565, 2007.
- Z. Fan, K. Wang, T. Wei, J. Yan, L. Song, and B. Shao, “An environmentally friendly and efficient route for the reduction of graphene oxide by aluminum powder,” Carbon, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 1686–1689, 2010.
- M. El Achaby, F. Z. Arrakhiz, S. Vaudreuil, E. M. Essassi, and A. Qaiss, “Piezoelectric β-polymorph formation and properties enhancement in graphene oxide—PVDF nanocomposite films,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 258, no. 19, pp. 7668–7677, 2012.
- A. Bagri, C. Mattevi, M. Acik, Y. J. Chabal, M. Chhowalla, and V. B. Shenoy, “Structural evolution during the reduction of chemically derived graphene oxide,” Nature Chemistry, vol. 2, no. 7, pp. 581–587, 2010.
- S. Thakur and N. Karak, “Green reduction of graphene oxide by aqueous phytoextracts,” Carbon, vol. 50, no. 14, pp. 5331–5339, 2012.
- M. Wojtoniszak, X. Chen, R. J. Kalenczuk et al., “Synthesis, dispersion, and cytocompatibility of graphene oxide and reduced graphene oxide,” Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 89, pp. 79–85, 2012.
- F. T. Thema, M. J. Moloto, E. D. Dikio et al., “Synthesis and characterization of graphene thin films by chemical reduction of exfoliated and intercalated graphite oxide,” Journal of Chemistry, vol. 2013, Article ID 150536, 6 pages, 2013.
- K. N. Kudin, B. Ozbas, H. C. Schniepp, R. K. Prud'homme, I. A. Aksay, and R. Car, “Raman spectra of graphite oxide and functionalized graphene sheets,” Nano Letters, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 36–41, 2008.
- H. Yang, W. Zhou, B. Yu, Y. Wang, C. Cong, and T. Yu, “Uniform decoration of reduced graphene oxide sheets with gold nanoparticles,” Journal of Nanotechnology, vol. 2012, Article ID 328565, 8 pages, 2012.
- V. C. Tung, M. J. Allen, Y. Yang, and R. B. Kaner, “High-throughput solution processing of large-scale graphene,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 25–29, 2009.
- Y. Zhou, Q. Bao, L. A. L. Tang, Y. Zhong, and K. P. Loh, “Hydrothermal dehydration for the “green” reduction of exfoliated graphene oxide to graphene and demonstration of tunable optical limiting properties,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 21, no. 13, pp. 2950–2956, 2009.
- H. Zhang and P. X. Feng, “Fabrication and characterization of few-layer graphene,” Carbon, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 359–364, 2010.
- L. Ortolani, E. Cadelano, G. P. Veronese et al., “Folded graphene membranes: mapping curvature at the nanoscale,” Nano Letters, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 5207–5212.