- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Numerical Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 563872, 7 pages
Modular Analysis of Sequential Solution Methods for Almost Block Diagonal Systems of Equations
Department of Engineering Mathematics and Physics, Cairo University, Giza 12211, Egypt
Received 18 May 2012; Accepted 21 August 2012
Academic Editor: Michele Benzi
Copyright © 2013 Tarek M. A. El-Mistikawy. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Amodio, J. R. Cash, G. Roussos et al., “Almost block diagonal linear systems: sequential and parallel solution techniques, and applications,” Numerical Linear Algebra with Applications, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 275–317, 2000.
- J. C. Díaz, G. Fairweather, and P. Keast, “FORTRAN packages for solving certain almost block diagonal linear systems by modified alternate row and column elimination,” ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 358–375, 1983.
- J. R. Cash and M. H. Wright, “A deferred correction method for nonlinear two-point boundary value problems: implementation and numerical evaluation,” SIAM Journal on Scientific and Statistical Computing, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 971–989, 1991.
- J. R. Cash, G. Moore, and R. W. Wright, “An automatic continuation strategy for the solution of singularly perturbed linear two-point boundary value problems,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 122, no. 2, pp. 266–279, 1995.
- W. H. Enright and P. H. Muir, “Runge-Kutta software with defect control for boundary value ODEs,” SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 479–497, 1996.
- P. Keast and P. H. Muir, “Algorithm 688: EPDCOL: a more efficient PDECOL code,” ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 153–166, 1991.
- R. W. Wright, J. R. Cash, and G. Moore, “Mesh selection for stiff two-point boundary value problems,” Numerical Algorithms, vol. 7, no. 2–4, pp. 205–224, 1994.
- D. C. Lam, Implementation of the box scheme and model analysis of diffusion-convection equations. [Ph.D. thesis], University of Waterloo: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, 1974.
- J. M. Varah, “Alternate row and column elimination for solving certain linear systems,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 71–75, 1976.
- H. B. Keller, “Accurate difference methods for nonlinear two-point boundary value problems,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 11, pp. 305–320, 1974.
- T. M. A. El-Mistikawy, “Solution of Keller's box equations for direct and inverse boundary-layer problems,” AIAA journal, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 1538–1541, 1994.
- I. S. Duff, A. M. Erisman, and J. K. Reid, Direct Methods for Sparse Matrices, Clarendon Press, Oxford, UK, 1986.