- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in OptoElectronics
Volume 2008 (2008), Article ID 956908, 6 pages
Second Harmonic Generation Using an All-Fiber Q-Switched Yb-Doped Fiber Laser and MgO:c-PPLN
1Department of Engineering Physics, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8S 4L7
2Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Ryerson University, Toronto, ON, Canada M5B 2K3
Received 13 June 2008; Accepted 26 August 2008
Academic Editor: Hiroshi Murata
Copyright © 2008 Yi Gan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Lee, Y. Mun, S. Do, et al., “Laser TV for home theater,” in Projection Displays VIII, vol. 4657 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 138–145, San Jose, Calif, USA, January 2002.
- G. Niven, “Laser TV: coming to a home theatre near you,” Opto & Laser Europe, no. 142, pp. 33–34, 2006.
- F. J. Kontur, I. Dajani, Y. Lu, and R. J. Knize, “Frequency-doubling of a CW fiber laser using PPKTP, PPMgSLT, and PPMgLN,” Optics Express, vol. 15, no. 20, pp. 12882–12889, 2007.
- H. Furuya, A. Morikawa, K. Mizuuchi, and K. Yamamoto, “High-beam-quality continuous wave 3 W green-light generation in bulk periodically poled MgO:LiNb,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 45, no. 8B, pp. 6704–6707, 2006.
- S. V. Tovstonog, S. Kurimura, and K. Kitamura, “High power continuous-wave green light generation by quasiphase matching in Mg stoichiometric lithium tantalate,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 90, no. 5, Article ID 051115, 3 pages, 2007.
- M. Leigh, W. Shi, J. Zong, J. Wang, S. Jiang, and N. Peyghambarian, “Compact, single-frequency all-fiber Q-switched laser at 1 m,” Optics Letters, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 897–899, 2007.
- Y. Wang and C.-Q. Xu, “Modeling and optimization of Q-switched double-clad fiber lasers,” Applied Optics, vol. 45, no. 9, pp. 2058–2071, 2006.
- Y. Kaneda, Y. Hu, C. Spiegelberg, J. Geng, and S. Jiang, “Single-frequency, all-fiber Q-switched laser at 1550 nm,” OSA Trends in Optics and Photonics Series, vol. 94, pp. 126–130, 2004.
- J. Y. Huang, H. C. Liang, K. W. Su, and Y. F. Chen, “High power passively Q-switched ytterbium fiber laser with : YAG as a saturable absorber,” Optics Express, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 473–479, 2007.
- V. V. Dvoyrin, V. M. Mashinsky, and E. M. Dianov, “Yb-Bi pulsed fiber lasers,” Optics Letters, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 451–453, 2007.
- A. A. Fotiadi, A. S. Kurkov, and I. M. Razdobreev, “Dynamics of all fiber self-Q-switched Ytterbium/Samarium laser,” in Proceedings of the Laser and Electro-Optics/Quantum Electronics and Laser Science Conference (CLEO/QEC '07), pp. 1–2, Baltimore, Md, USA, May 2007, paper CMC4.
- X. J. Gu and Y. Liu, “The efficient light coupling in a twin-core fiber waveguide,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 2125–2127, 2005.
- B. Wu and P. L. Chu, “Fast optical switching in -doped fiber,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 230–232, 1996.
- J. A. Armstron, N. Bloembergen, J. Ducuing, and P. S. Pershan, “Introductions between light waves in a nonlinear dielectric,” Physical Review, vol. 127, no. 6, pp. 1918–1939, 1962.
- K. K. Wong, Properties of Lithium Niobate, INSPEC, Edison, NJ, USA, 2002.
- G. D. Miller, R. G. Batchko, W. M. Tulloch, D. R. Weise, M. M. Fejer, and R. L. Byer, “42%-efficient single-pass cw second-harmonic generation in periodically poled lithium niobate,” Optics Letters, vol. 22, no. 24, pp. 1834–1836, 1997.
- D. A. Bryan, R. Gerson, and H. E. Tomaschke, “Increased optical damage resistance in lithium niobate,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 44, no. 9, pp. 847–849, 1984.