- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Research Letters in Physical Chemistry
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 631815, 4 pages
Hydrogen Production via Steam Reforming of Ethyl Alcohol over Palladium/Indium Oxide Catalyst
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), 1-8-31 Midorigaoka, Ikeda, Osaka 563-8577, Japan
Received 17 March 2009; Accepted 3 July 2009
Academic Editor: Jim Anderson
Copyright © 2009 Tetsuo Umegaki et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. R. Rostrup-Nielsen, “Fuels and energy for the future: the role of catalysis,” Catalysis Reviews, vol. 46, no. 3-4, pp. 247–270, 2004.
- M. Grätzel, “Photoelectrochemical cells,” Nature, vol. 414, no. 3, pp. 338–344, 2001.
- R. R. Davda, J. W. Shabaker, G. W. Huber, R. D. Cortright, and J. A. Dumesic, “A review of catalytic issues and process conditions for renewable hydrogen and alkanes by aqueous-phase reforming of oxygenated hydrocarbons over supported metal catalysts,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 56, no. 1-2, pp. 171–186, 2005.
- G. A. Deluga, J. R. Salge, L. D. Schmidt, and X. E. Verykios, “Renewable hydrogen from ethanol by autothermal reforming,” Science, vol. 303, no. 5660, pp. 993–997, 2004.
- F. Haga, T. Nakajima, H. Miya, and S. Mishima, “Catalytic properties of supported cobalt catalysts for steam reforming of ethanol,” Catalysis Letters, vol. 48, no. 3-4, pp. 223–227, 1997.
- J. Llorca, P. R. de la Piscina, J.-A. Dalmon, J. Sales, and N. Homs, “Co-free hydrogen from steam-reforming of bioethanol over ZnO-supported cobalt catalysts: effect of the metallic precursor,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 355–369, 2003.
- A. N. Fatsikostas and X. E. Verykios, “Reaction network of steam reforming of ethanol over Ni-based catalysts,” Journal of Catalysis, vol. 225, no. 2, pp. 439–452, 2004.
- C. Diagne, H. Idriss, and A. Kiennemann, “Hydrogen production by ethanol reforming over catalysts,” Catalysis Communications, vol. 3, no. 12, pp. 565–571, 2002.
- T. Umegaki, K. Kuratani, Y. Yamada, et al., “Hydrogen production via steam reforming of ethyl alcohol over nano-structured indium oxide catalysts,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 179, no. 2, pp. 566–570, 2008.
- J. P. Breen, R. Burch, and H. M. Coleman, “Metal-catalysed steam reforming of ethanol in the production of hydrogen for fuel cell applications,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 65–74, 2002.
- A. Casanovas, J. Llorca, N. Homs, J. L. G. Fierro, and P. R. de la Piscina, “Ethanol reforming processes over ZnO-supported palladium catalysts: effect of alloy formation,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis A, vol. 250, no. 1-2, pp. 44–49, 2006.
- N. Iwasa, O. Yamamoto, R. Tamura, M. Nishikubo, and N. Takezawa, “Difference in the reactivity of acetaldehyde intermediates in the dehydrogenation of ethanol over supported Pd catalysts,” Catalysis Letters, vol. 62, no. 2–4, pp. 179–184, 1999.
- N. Iwasa, W. Nomura, T. Mayanagi, S.-I. Fujita, M. Arai, and N. Takezawa, “Hydrogen production by steam reforming of methanol,” Journal of Chemical Engineering of Japan, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 286–293, 2004.
- J. Llorca, P. R. de la Piscina, J. Sales, and N. Homs, “Direct production of hydrogen from ethanolic aqueous solutions over oxide catalysts,” Chemical Communications, no. 7, pp. 641–642, 2001.
- T. Hirano, Y. Ozawa, T. Sekido, T. Ogino, T. Miyao, and S. Naito, “The role of additives in the catalytic reduction of NO by CO over and catalysts,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 320, pp. 91–97, 2007.
- F. A. Marchesini, S. Irusta, C. Querini, and E. Miró, “Spectroscopic and catalytic characterization of Pd-In and Pt-In supported on and , active catalysts for nitrate hydrogenation,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 348, no. 1, pp. 60–70, 2008.
- T. L. Barr and Y. L. Liu, “An X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy study of the valence band structure of indium oxides,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, vol. 50, no. 7, pp. 657–664, 1989.