- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Preventive Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 657961, 13 pages
Widening Socioeconomic, Racial, and Geographic Disparities in HIV/AIDS Mortality in the United States, 1987–2011
1US Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration, Maternal and Child Health Bureau, 5600 Fishers Lane, Room 18-41, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
2Department of Health Promotion, Social and Behavioral Health, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198-4365, USA
Received 31 January 2013; Accepted 15 April 2013
Academic Editor: Jim Tartaglia
Copyright © 2013 Gopal K. Singh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Gopal K. Singh, and Mohammad Siahpush, “Widening Rural–Urban Disparities in All-Cause Mortality and Mortality from Major Causes of Death in the USA, 1969–2009,” Journal of Urban Health, 2013.
- Gopal K. Singh, and Mohammad Siahpush, “Widening Rural–Urban Disparities in Life Expectancy, U.S., 1969–2009,” American Journal of Preventive Medicine, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. e19–e29, 2014.
- Kristi L. Allgood, Bijou Hunt, and Monique Glover Rucker, “Black:White Disparities in HIV Mortality in the United States: 1990–2009,” Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities, 2015.
- Mansour Farahani, Natalie Price, Shenaaz El-Halabi, Naledi Mlaudzi, Koona Keapoletswe, Refeletswe Lebelonyane, Ernest Benny Fetogang, Tony Chebani, Poloko Kebaabetswe, Tiny Masupe, Keba Gabaake, Andrew Auld, Oathokwa Nkomazana, and Richard Marlink, “Variation in attrition at subnational level: review of the Botswana National HIV/AIDS Treatment (Masa) programme data (2002-2013),” Tropical Medicine & International Health, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 18–27, 2015.
- Chong-Wen Wang, Cecilia L.W. Chan, and Rainbow T.H. Ho, “HIV/AIDS-related deaths in China, 2000–2012,” AIDS Care, pp. 1–6, 2015.
- Perry N. Halkitis, Paul A. D’Avanzo, Christopher B. Stults, Michael D. Levy, Kristen D. Krause, Sandra A. Kupprat, Gerald Voelbel, Antonio E. Urbina, and Farzana Kapadia, “Neurocognitive functioning in an urban clinic-based sample of adults ages 50 and older living with HIV,” Journal of HIV/AIDS & Social Services, pp. 1–22, 2016.
- Andréa L. Hobkirk, Sheri L. Towe, Puja Patel, and Christina S. Meade, “Food Insecurity Is Associated with Cognitive Deficits Among HIV-Positive, But Not HIV-Negative, Individuals in a United States Sample,” AIDS and Behavior, 2016.
- Marya Gwadz, Rebecca de Guzman, Robert Freeman, Alexandra Kutnick, Elizabeth Silverman, Noelle R. Leonard, Amanda Spring Ritchie, Corinne Muñoz-Plaza, Nadim Salomon, Hannah Wolfe, Christopher Hilliard, Charles M. Cleland, and Sylvie Honig, “Exploring How Substance Use Impedes Engagement along the HIV Care Continuum: A Qualitative Study,” Frontiers in Public Health, vol. 4, 2016.
- Shivani A. Patel, Mohammed K. Ali, K. M. Venkat Narayan, and Neil K. Mehta, “County-Level Variation in Cardiovascular Disease Mortality in the United States in 2009–2013: Comparative Assessment of Contributing Factors,” American Journal of Epidemiology, 2016.
- Niasha A. Fray, and Kia Lilly Caldwell, “Communication Between Middle SES Black Women and Healthcare Providers About HIV Testing,” Journal of the National Medical Association, 2017.
- Phillip Kucab, and Pratik Bhattacharya, “Epidemiology of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome and Cerebrovascular Disease in a Post Antiretroviral Era,” Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases, 2017.