- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 924518, 4 pages
Staphylococcus aureus Decolonization Protocol Decreases Surgical Site Infections for Total Joint Replacement
NYU-Hospital for Joint Diseases, 301 East 17th Street New York, NY 10003, USA
Received 14 August 2010; Revised 22 October 2010; Accepted 3 November 2010
Academic Editor: Burkhard Leeb
Copyright © 2010 Scott Hadley et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [19 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Igor Immerman, Nicholas L. Ramos, Gregory M. Katz, Lorraine H. Hutzler, Michael S. Phillips, and Joseph A. Bosco, “The Persistence of Staphylococcus aureus Decolonization After Mupirocin and Topical Chlorhexidine: Implications for Patients Requiring Multiple or Delayed Procedures,” Journal Of Arthroplasty, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 870–876, 2012.
- Antonia F. Chen, Alma E. Heyl, Peter Z. Xu, Nalini Rao, and Brian A. Klatt, “Preoperative Decolonization Effective at Reducing Staphylococcal Colonization in Total Joint Arthroplasty Patients,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2013.
- Jason S. Pruzansky, Michael J. Bronson, Ronald P. Grelsamer, Elton Strauss, and Calin S. Moucha, “Prevalence of Modifiable Surgical Site Infection Risk Factors in Hip and Knee Joint Arthroplasty Patients at an Urban Academic Hospital,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2013.
- Lisa M. McLeod, Ron Keren, Jeffrey Gerber, Benjamin French, Lihai Song, Norma R. Sampson, John Flynn, and John P. Dormans, “Perioperative Antibiotic Use for Spinal Surgery Procedures in US Childrenʼs Hospitals,” Spine, vol. 38, no. 7, pp. 609–616, 2013.
- Bhaveen H Kapadia, Robert Pivec, Aaron J Johnson, Kimona Issa, Qais Naziri, Jacqueline A Daley, and Michael A Mont, “Infection prevention methodologies for lower extremity total joint arthroplasty,” Expert Review of Medical Devices, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 215–224, 2013.
- Bhaveen H. Kapadia, Aaron J. Johnson, Kimona Issa, and Michael A. Mont, “Economic Evaluation of Chlorhexidine Cloths on Healthcare Costs due to Surgical Site Infections Following Total Knee Arthroplasty,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2013.
- Antonia F. Chen, Charles B. Wessel, and Nalini Rao, “Staphylococcus aureus Screening and Decolonization in Orthopaedic Surgery and Reduction of Surgical Site Infections,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®, 2013.
- Wesley H. Bronson, Melissa Fewer, Karl Godlewski, James D. Slover, Arthur Caplan, Richard Iorio, and Joseph Bosco, “The Ethics of Patient Risk Modification Prior to Elective Joint Replacement Surgery,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery-American Volume, vol. 96A, no. 13, 2014.
- R Köck, K Becker, B Cookson, J van Gemert-Pijnen, S Harbarth, J Kluytmans, M Mielke, G Peters, R Skov, M Struelens, E Tacconelli, W Witte, and A Friedrich, “Systematic literature analysis and review of targeted preventive measures to limit healthcare-associated infections by meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus,” Eurosurveillance, vol. 19, no. 29, pp. 20860, 2014.
- Carlos Wong, In-wa Luk, Margaret Ip, and Joyce H.S. You, “Prevention of gram-positive infections in peritoneal dialysis patients in Hong Kong: A cost-effectiveness analysis,” American Journal of Infection Control, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 412–416, 2014.
- E. Carlos Rodriguez-Merchan, “Screening and decolonization of MRSA among joint arthroplasty patients: efficacy, cost-effectiveness and durability,” Journal of Acute Disease, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 218–220, 2014.
- Mitchell C. Weiser, and Calin S. Moucha, “The Current State of Screening and Decolonization for the Prevention of Staphylococcus aureus Surgical Site Infection After Total Hip and Knee Arthrop,” Journal Of Bone And Joint Surgery-American Volume, vol. 97A, no. 17, pp. 1449–1458, 2015.
- Joseph A. Bosco, Jared Bookman, James Slover, Emmanuel Edusei, and Brett Levine, “Principles of Antibiotic Prophylaxis in Total Joint Arthroplasty: Current Concepts,” Journal Of The American Academy Of Orthopaedic Surgeons, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. E27–E35, 2015.
- Kristin Colling, Catherine Statz, James Glover, Kaysie Banton, and Greg Beilman, “Pre-Operative Antiseptic Shower and Bath Policy Decreases the Rate of S. aureus and Methicillin-Resistant S. aureus Surgical Site Infections in Patien,” Surgical Infections, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 124–132, 2015.
- Michael D. Baratz, Ruth Hallmark, Susan M. Odum, and Bryan D. Springer, “Twenty Percent of Patients May Remain Colonized With Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus Despite a Decolonization Protocol in Patients Undergoing Elective Total Joint Arthroplasty,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®, 2015.
- Jeffery Ho, Jacques F Meis, Marrigje Nabuurs-Franssen, and Andreas Voss, “Hip and knee arthroplasty: quo vadis?,” Antimicrobial Resistance and Infection Control, vol. 4, no. 1, 2015.
- Sreevathsa Boraiah, LiJin Joo, Ifeoma A. Inneh, Parthiv Rathod, Morteza Meftah, Philip Band, Joseph A. Bosco, and Richard Iorio, “Management of Modifiable Risk Factors Prior to Primary Hip and Knee Arthroplasty A Readmission Risk Assessment Tool,” Journal Of Bone And Joint Surgery-American Volume, vol. 97A, no. 23, pp. 1921–1928, 2015.
- Stephen Yu, Kevin L. Garvin, William L. Healy, Vincent D. Pellegrini, and Richard Iorio, “Preventing Hospital Readmissions and Limiting the Complications Associated With Total Joint Arthroplasty,” Journal Of The American Academy Of Orthopaedic Surgeons, vol. 23, no. 11, pp. E60–E71, 2015.
- Jeffrey B. Stambough, Denis Nam, David Warren, James A. Keeney, John C. Clohisy, Robert L. Barrack, and Ryan M. Nunley, “Decreased Hospital Costs and Surgical Site Infection Incidence with a Universal Decolonization Protocol in Primary Total Joint Arthroplasty,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, 2016.