- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 513853, 7 pages
Decrease of Klotho in the Kidney of Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rats
1Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, Tainan City 70101, Taiwan
2Graduate Institute of Clinical Medicine, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, Tainan City 70101, Taiwan
3Graduate Institute of Basic Medical Science, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, Tainan City 70101, Taiwan
4Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, Tainan City 70101, Taiwan
5Department of Medical Research, Chi-Mei Medical Center, Yong Kang City 73101, Taiwan
Received 24 February 2010; Accepted 22 April 2010
Academic Editor: Nathan Ames Ellis
Copyright © 2010 Meng-Fu Cheng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [26 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Sistiana Aiello, and Marina Noris, “Klotho in acute kidney injury: biomarker, therapy, or a bit of both?,” Kidney International, vol. 78, no. 12, pp. 1208–1210, 2010.
- Yanhua Zhao, Srijita Banerjee, Nilay Dey, Wanda S. LeJeune, Partha S. Sarkar, Reynolds Brobey, Kevin P. Rosenblatt, Ronald G. Tilton, and Sanjeev Choudhary, “Klotho Depletion Contributes to Increased Inflammation in Kidney of the db/db Mouse Model of Diabetes via RelA (Serine)(536) Phosphorylation,” Diabetes, vol. 60, no. 7, pp. 1907–1916, 2011.
- Rong Tang, Qiao-ling Zhou, Xiang Ao, Wei-sheng Peng, Pouranan Veeraragoo, and Tian-feng Tang, “Fosinopril and Losartan Regulate Klotho Gene and Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide Phosphate Oxidase Expression in Kidneys of Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats,” Kidney & Blood Pressure Research, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 350–357, 2011.
- Rong Tang, Qiaoling Zhou, Zhichun Liu, Zhou Xiao, and Veeraragoo Pouranan, “Effects of fosinopril and losartan on renal Klotho expression and oxidative stress in spontaneously hypertensive rats,” Journal of Central South University (Medical Sciences), vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 27–33, 2011.
- Sridevi Devaraj, Basir Syed, Alexander Chien, and Ishwarlal Jialal, “Validation of an Immunoassay for Soluble Klotho Protein Decreased Levels in Diabetes and Increased Levels in Chronic Kidney Disease,” American Journal Of Clinical Pathology, vol. 137, no. 3, pp. 479–485, 2012.
- M. C. Izquierdo, M. V. Perez-Gomez, M. D. Sanchez-Nino, A. B. Sanz, O. Ruiz-Andres, J. Poveda, J. A. Moreno, J. Egido, and A. Ortiz, “Klotho, phosphate and inflammation/ageing in chronic kidney disease,” Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, vol. 27, no. suppl4, pp. iv6–iv10, 2012.
- Ina Maria Kacso, Cosmina Ioana Bondor, and Gabriel Kacso, “Soluble serum Klotho in diabetic nephropathy: Relationship to VEGF-A,” Clinical Biochemistry, vol. 45, no. 16-17, pp. 1415–1420, 2012.
- Iulia-Daniela Vladu, Daniela Cana, Cristina Vaduva, Corina Grauntanu, Sorin Zaharie, Raluca Dina, Ciprian Dina, Roxana Mustafa, and Eugen Mota, “Chronic Kidney Disease-Mineral Bone Disorder in Diabetes Mellitus Patients,” Romanian Journal of Diabetes Nutrition and Metabolic Diseases, vol. 19, no. 1, 2012.
- S.M. Nourazarian, G. Irajian, M. Najafi, M. Nourbakhsh, J. Maleki, and M. Shabani, “The effect of Lactobacillus reuteri on bone morphogenetic protein-7 and beta transforming growth factor gene expressions in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rat's kidneys,” Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 374–379, 2012.
- Gang Jee Ko, Eun Ah Lee, Un Sil Jeon, Heui Jung Pyo, Ho Jun Chin, Dong Wan Chae, Suhnggwon Kim, and Young Joo Kwon, “The association of Klotho polymorphism with disease progression and mortality in IgA nephropathy,” Kidney and Blood Pressure Research, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 191–199, 2012.
- Min-Tser Liao, Chih-Chien Sung, Kuo-Chin Hung, Chia-Chao Wu, Lan Lo, and Kuo-Cheng Lu, “Insulin Resistance in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–12, 2012.
- Naoaki Sakata, Gumpei Yoshimatsu, Haruyuki Tsuchiya, Shinichi Egawa, and Michiaki Unno, “Animal Models of Diabetes Mellitus for Islet Transplantation,” Experimental Diabetes Research, vol. 2012, pp. 1–11, 2012.
- Ming Chang Hu, Makoto Kuro-O, and Orson W. Moe, “Secreted Klotho and chronic kidney disease,” Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, vol. 728, pp. 126–157, 2012.
- Ming Chang Hu, Makoto Kuro-o, and Orson W. Moe, “Renal and Extrarenal Actions of Klotho,” Seminars in Nephrology, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 118–129, 2013.
- Amit Agrawal, B.V. Subrahmanyan, and G. Malleswara Rao, “Blast injury causing extensive brain injury and elevated skull fracture,” The Indian Journal of Neurotrauma, 2013.
- Martina Feger, Abul Fajol, Aleksandra Lebedeva, Adrian Meissner, Diana Michael, Jakob Voelkl, Ioana Alesutan, Erwin Schleicher, Christoph Reichetzeder, Berthold Hocher, and Syed M. Qadri, “Effect of Carbon Monoxide Donor CORM-2 on Vitamin D-3 Metabolism,” Kidney & Blood Pressure Research, vol. 37, no. 4-5, pp. 496–505, 2013.
- My Qi Min-you, Gy Xie Gao-yu, K Chen Kai, Yh Su Yan-hui, Sq Yu Su-qing, and Hr Liu Hao-ran, “Total triterpene acids, isolated from Corni Fructus, ameliorate progression of renal damage in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats,” Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 456–461, 2014.
- K-C Huang, Y-G Cherng, L-J Chen, C-T Hsu, and J-T Cheng, “Rosiglitazone is Effective to Improve Renal Damage in Type-1-like Diabetic Rats,” Hormone and Metabolic Research, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 240–244, 2014.
- S. L. Barker, J. Pastor, D. Carranza, H. Quinones, C. Griffith, R. Goetz, M. Mohammadi, J. Ye, J. Zhang, M. C. Hu, M. Kuro-o, O. W. Moe, and S. S. Sidhu, “The demonstration of Klotho deficiency in human chronic kidney disease with a novel synthetic antibody,” Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, 2014.
- Priya Ravikumar, Jianfeng Ye, Jianning Zhang, Sydney N. Pinch, Ming Chang Hu, Makoto Kuro-o, Connie C. W. Hsia, and Orson W. Moe, “alpha-Klotho protects against oxidative damage in pulmonary epithelia,” American Journal of Physiology-Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology, vol. 307, no. 7, pp. L566–L575, 2014.
- M. -F. Cheng, L. -J. Chen, M. -C. Wang, C. -T. Hsu, and J. -T. Cheng, “Decrease of FGF Receptor (FGFR) and Interstitial Fibrosis in the Kidney of Streptozotocin-induced Diabetic Rats,” Hormone and Metabolic Research, vol. 46, no. 01, pp. 1–7, 2014.
- Mohammad Parvizi, Mohsen Parviz, Seyed Tavangar, Nepton Soltani, Mehri Kadkhodaee, Behjat Seifi, Yaser Azizi, and Mansoor Keshavarz, “Protective effect of magnesium on renal function in STZ-induced diabetic rats,” Journal of Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 84, 2014.
- Can Wu, Chuan Lv, Fenqin Chen, Xiaoyu Ma, Ying Shao, and Qiuyue Wang, “The function of miR-199a-5p/Klotho regulating TLR4/NF-κB p65/NGAL pathways in rat mesangial cells cultured with high glucose and the mechanism,” Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology, 2015.
- Hiroyuki Kadoya, Minoru Satoh, Yoshisuke Haruna, Tamaki Sasaki, and Naoki Kashihara, “Klotho attenuates renal hypertrophy and glomerular injury in Ins2Akita diabetic mice,” Clinical and Experimental Nephrology, 2015.
- Ho-Shan Niu, Pin-Chun Chao, Po-Ming Ku, Chiang-Shan Niu, Kung-Shing Lee, and Juei-Tang Cheng, “Amarogentin ameliorates diabetic disorders in animal models,” Naunyn-Schmiedeberg's Archives of Pharmacology, 2016.
- Burcu Dogan, Izzet Hakki Arikan, Derya Guler, Nursen Keles, Banu Isbilen, Ferruh Isman, and Aytekin Oguz, “Fibroblast growth factor-23 but not sKlotho levels are related to diastolic dysfunction in type 1 diabetic patients with early diabetic nephropathy,” International Urology and Nephrology, 2016.