- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 414198, 5 pages
Cloning and Expression of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza Virus Full-Length Nonstructural Gene in Pichia pastoris
1Virology Laboratory, Department of Veterinary Pathology and Microbiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Selangor 43400, Malaysia
2Department of Veterinary Clinical Studies, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Selangor 43400, Malaysia
3Institute of Bioscience, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Selangor 43400, Malaysia
Received 16 December 2010; Accepted 25 January 2011
Academic Editor: Wen-Quan Zou
Copyright © 2011 M. B. Abubakar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Chotpitayasunondh, K. Ungchusak, W. Hanshaoworakul et al., “Human disease from influenza A (H5N1), Thailand, 2004,” Emerging Infectious Diseases, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 201–209, 2005.
- I. Capua and D. J. Alexander, “Animal and human health implications of avian influenza infections,” Bioscience Reports, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 359–372, 2007.
- R. G. Webster, “Advanced technology in human health,” CEVA Santè Animale Web scientific symposia on: Vector vaccine symposia, San Diego, Calif, USA, October 2010, http://vector-vaccines.evenstore.com/art01.html.
- M. A. Romanos, C. A. Scorer, and J. J. Clare, “Foreign gene expression in yeast: a review,” Yeast, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 423–488, 1992.
- B. McMahon and R. Wainwright, “Hepatitis B vaccines in clinical practice,” in Protective Efficacy of Hepatitis B Vaccines in Infants, Children, and Adults, p. 243, Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- J. Sambrook, E. F. Fritsch, and T. Maniatis, Molecular Cloning, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor, NY, USA, 1989.
- S. S. Baba, “Avian influenza and family poultry in Nigeria: potentials for rapid spread and continued presence of disease,” INFPD Newsletter, vol. 16, no. 1, p. 4, 2006.
- T. T. Hien, M. De Jong, and J. Farrar, “Avian influenza—a challenge to global health care structures,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 351, no. 23, pp. 2363–2365, 2004.
- A. M. Falcón, A. Fernandez-Sesma, Y. Nakaya, T. M. Moran, J. Ortín, and A. García-Sastre, “Attenuation and immunogenicity in mice of temperature-sensitive influenza viruses expressing truncated NS1 proteins,” Journal of General Virology, vol. 86, no. 10, pp. 2817–2821, 2005.