- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 729497, 13 pages
Aortocaval Fistula in Rat: A Unique Model of Volume-Overload Congestive Heart Failure and Cardiac Hypertrophy
1Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, IIT, P.O. Box 9649, Haifa 31096, Israel
2Research Unit, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa 31096, Israel
3Department of Vascular Surgery, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa 31096, Israel
Received 5 October 2010; Accepted 9 December 2010
Academic Editor: Oreste Gualillo
Copyright © 2011 Zaid Abassi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [20 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Zikiar V. Alvin, Richard M. Millis, Wissam Hajj-Mousssa, and Georges E. Haddad, “ATP-Sensitive Potassium Channel Currents in Eccentrically Hypertrophied Cardiac Myocytes of Volume-Overloaded Rats,” International Journal of Cell Biology, vol. 2011, pp. 1–6, 2011.
- B. Bishara, N. Abu-Saleh, H. Awad, N. Ghrayeb, I. Goltsman, D. Aronson, I. Khamaysi, S. Assady, Z. Armaly, S. Haddad, E. Haddad, and Z. Abassi, “Phosphodiesterase 5 inhibition protects against increased intra-abdominal pressure-induced renal dysfunction in experimental congestive heart failure,” European Journal of Heart Failure, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 1104–1111, 2012.
- Niels Thue Olsen, Veronica L. Dimaano, Thomas Fritz-Hansen, Peter Sogaard, Khalid Chakir, Kristian Eskesen, Charles Steenbergen, David A. Kass, and Theodore P. Abraham, “Hypertrophy Signaling Pathways in Experimental Chronic Aortic Regurgitation,” Journal of Cardiovascular Translational Research, 2013.
- Kota Yamamoto, Clinton D. Protack, Masayuki Tsuneki, Michael R. Hall, Daniel J. Wong, Daniel Y. Lu, Roland Assi, Willis T. Williams, Nirvana Sadaghianloo, Hualong Bai, Tetsuro Miyata, Joseph A. Madri, and Alan Dardik, “The mouse aortocaval fistula recapitulates human arteriovenous fistula maturation,” American Journal of Physiology-Heart and Circulatory Physiology, vol. 305, no. 12, pp. H1718–H1725, 2013.
- Zaher Armaly, Suheir Assady, and Zaid Abassi, “Corin,” Current Opinion in Nephrology and Hypertension, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 713–722, 2013.
- Moisés T.B. Silva, Raimundo C. Palheta Jr., Francisca G.V. Oliveira, Juliana B.M. de Lima, José Antunes-Rodrigues, Ricardo B. Oliveira, Pedro J.C. Magalhães, and Armênio A. Santos, “Aortocaval fistula delays gastric emptying of liquid test meal in awake rats,” American Journal of Physiology - Heart and Circulatory Physiology, vol. 304, no. 10, pp. H1397–H1405, 2013.
- Yu Chen, Yang Li, Lili Guo, Wen Chen, Mingjing Zhao, Yonghong Gao, Aiming Wu, Lixia Lou, Jie Wang, Xiaoqiu Liu, and Yanwei Xing, “Effects of Wenxin Keli on the Action Potential and L-Type Calcium Current in Rats with Transverse Aortic Constriction-Induced Heart Failure,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–12, 2013.
- Kristin Wilson, and Pamela A. Lucchesi, “Myofilament dysfunction as an emerging mechanism of volume overload heart failure,” Pflügers Archiv - European Journal of Physiology, 2014.
- Sascha Treskatsch, Aarne Feldheiser, Adrian T. Rosin, Marco Sifringer, Helmut Habazettl, Shaaban A. Mousa, Mehdi Shakibaei, Michael Schaefer, and Claudia D. Spies, “A Modified Approach to Induce Predictable Congestive Heart Failure by Volume Overload in Rats,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 1, 2014.
- Ravit Cohen-Segev, Bahai Francis, Niroz Abu-Saleh, Hoda Awad, Aviva Lazarovich, Aviva Kabala, Doron Aronson, and Zaid Abassi, “Cardiac and renal distribution of ACE and ACE-2 in rats with heart failure,” Acta Histochemica, vol. 116, no. 8, pp. 1342–1349, 2014.
- Jessica A. Regan, Adolfo Gabriele Mauro, Salvatore Carbone, Carlo Marchetti, Rabia Gill, Eleonora Mezzaroma, Juan Valle Raleigh, Fadi N. Salloum, Benjamin W. Van Tassell, Antonio Abbate, and Stefano Toldo, “A mouse model of heart failure with preserved ejection fraction due to chronic infusion of a low subpressor dose of angiotensin II,” American Journal Of Physiology-Heart And Circulatory Physiology, vol. 309, no. 5, pp. H771–H778, 2015.
- Mohammad Al-Rawi, and Ahmed M. Al-Jumaily, “Assessing abdominal aorta narrowing using computational fluid dynamics,” Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing, 2015.
- Luděk Červenka, Vojtěch Melenovský, Zuzana Husková, Petra Škaroupková, Akira Nishiyama, and Janusz Sadowski, “Inhibition of soluble epoxide hydrolase counteracts the development of renal dysfunction and progression of congestive heart failure in Ren-2 transgenic hypertensive rats with aorto-caval fistula,” Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 795–807, 2015.
- Jinyao Liu, Ayako Hakucho, and Tatsuya Fujimiya, “Angiotensinase C mRNA and Protein Downregulations Are Involved in Ethanol-Deteriorated Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction in Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–10, 2015.
- David C. Andrade, Claudia Lucero, Camilo Toledo, Carlos Madrid, Noah J. Marcus, Harold D. Schultz, and Rodrigo Del Rio, “Relevance of the Carotid Body Chemoreflex in the Progression of Heart Failure,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–7, 2015.
- Ilia Goltsman, Emad Khoury, Joseph Winaver, and Zaid Abassi, “Does Thiazolidinedione therapy exacerbate fluid retention in congestive heart failure?,” Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 2016.
- Luděk Červenka, Petra Škaroupková, Elzbieta Kompanowska-Jezierska, and Janusz Sadowski, “Sex-linked differences in the course of chronic kidney disease and congestive heart failure: a study in 5/6 nephrectomized Ren-2 transgenic hypertensive rats with volume overload induced using aorto-caval fistula,” Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology, vol. 43, no. 10, pp. 883–895, 2016.
- Daniel J. Duggan, and Reza Tabrizchi, “Angiotensin II control of regional haemodynamics in rats with aortocaval fistula,” Experimental Physiology, vol. 101, no. 9, pp. 1192–1205, 2016.
- Rehab E. Abo El gheit, “Effect of the renal natriuretic peptide, ularitide, alone or combined with Vasopeptidase inhibitor, Omapatrilat, on experimental volume overload-induced congestive heart failure in rats (Ularitide/Omapatrilat in Congestive Heart Failure),” Alexandria Journal of Medicine, 2016.
- Alan J. Mouton, Van K. Ninh, Elia C. El Hajj, Milad C. El Hajj, Nicholas W. Gilpin, and Jason D. Gardner, “Exposure to chronic alcohol accelerates development of wall stress and eccentric remodeling in rats with volume overload,” Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology, 2016.