- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 831052, 8 pages
Comparison of Two Suspension Arrays for Simultaneous Detection of Five Biothreat Bacterial in Powder Samples
1Institute of Health Quarantine, Chinese Academy of Inspection and Quarantine, Beijing 100123, China
2Chongqing International Travel Healthcare Center, Chongqing 400020, China
3West China School of Public Health, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Received 2 December 2011; Accepted 28 February 2012
Academic Editor: Sabah Mohammed
Copyright © 2012 Yu Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. L. Mothershead, K. Tonat, and K. L. Koenig, “Bioterrorism preparedness III: state and federal programs and response,” Emergency Medicine Clinics of North America, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 477–500, 2002.
- D. V. Lim, J. M. Simpson, E. A. Kearns, and M. F. Kramer, “Current and developing technologies for monitoring agents of bioterrorism and biowarfare,” Clinical Microbiology Reviews, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 583–607, 2005.
- J. E. Clarridge Jr., “Impact of 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis for identification of bacteria on clinical microbiology and infectious diseases,” Clinical Microbiology Reviews, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 840–862, 2004.
- S. K. P. Lau, P. C. Y. Woo, and B. Y. L. Chan, “Haemophilus segnis polymicrobial and monomicrobial bacteraemia identified by 16S ribosomal RNA gene sequencing,” Journal of Medical Microbiology, vol. 51, no. 8, pp. 635–640, 2002.
- K. Nakanaga, N. Ishii, K. Suzuki et al., “‘Mycobacterium ulcerans subsp. shinshuense’ isolated from a skin ulcer lesion: identification based on 16S rRNA gene sequencing,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 3840–3843, 2007.
- P. C. Y. Woo, A. M. Y. Fung, S. K. P. Lau, and K. Y. Yuen, “Identification by 16S rRNA gene sequencing of Lactobacillus salivarius bacteremic cholecystitis,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 265–267, 2002.
- E. M. Lai, N. D. Phadke, M. T. Kachman et al., “Proteomic analysis of the spore coats of Bacillus subtilis and Bacillus anthracis,” Journal of Bacteriology, vol. 185, no. 4, pp. 1443–1454, 2003.
- R. J. Fulton, R. L. McDade, P. L. Smith, and L. J. Kienker, “Advanced multiplexed analysis with the FlowMetrix(TM) system,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 43, no. 9, pp. 1749–1756, 1997.
- M. T. McBride, S. Gammon, M. Pitesky et al., “Multiplexed liquid arrays for simultaneous detection of simulants of biological warfare agents,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 75, no. 8, pp. 1924–1930, 2003.
- T. J. Cieslak and E. M. Eitzen Jr., “Clinical and epidemiologic principles of anthrax,” Emerging Infectious Diseases, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 552–555, 1999.
- W. D. Burrows and S. E. Renner, “Biological warfare agents as threats to potable water,” Environmental Health Perspectives, vol. 107, no. 12, pp. 975–984, 1999.
- N. M. Cirino, K. A. Musser, and C. Egan, “Multiplex diagnostic platforms for detection of biothreat agents,” Expert Review of Molecular Diagnostics, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 841–857, 2004.
- C. Ryu, K. Lee, C. Yoo, W. K. Seong, and H. B. Oh, “Sensitive and rapid quantitative detection of anthrax spores isolated from soil samples by real-time PCR,” Microbiology and Immunology, vol. 47, no. 10, pp. 693–699, 2003.
- N. Balaban and A. Rasooly, “Analytical chromatography for recovery of small amounts of staphylococcal enterotoxins from food,” International Journal of Food Microbiology, vol. 64, no. 1-2, pp. 33–40, 2001.
- C. A. Bell, J. R. Uhl, T. L. Hadfield et al., “Detection of Bacillus anthracis DNA by LightCycler PCR,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 2897–2902, 2002.
- A. Curry, H. Appleton, and B. Dowsett, “Application of transmission electron microscopy to the clinical study of viral and bacterial infections: present and future,” Micron, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 91–106, 2006.
- J. L. Versage, D. D. M. Severin, M. C. Chu, and J. M. Petersen, “Development of a multitarget real-time TaqMan PCR assay for enhanced detection of Francisella tularensis in complex specimens,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 5492–5499, 2003.
- E. Helgason, O. A. Qkatad, and D. A. Caugant, “Bacillus anthracis, Bacillus cereus and Bacillus thuringiensis—one species on the basis of genetic evidence,” Applied and Environmental Microbiology, vol. 66, no. 6, pp. 2627–2630, 2000.
- S. E. J. Bell, J. N. Mackle, and N. M. S. Sirimuthu, “Quantitative surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy of dipicolinic acid—towards rapid anthrax endospore detection,” Analyst, vol. 130, no. 4, pp. 545–549, 2005.
- G. M. Matar, I. A. Khneisser, and A. M. Abdelnoor, “Rapid laboratory confirmation of human brucellosis by PCR analysis of a target sequence on the 31-kilodalton Brucella antigen DNA,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 477–478, 1996.
- C. Abril, H. Nimmervoll, P. Pilo et al., “Rapid diagnosis and quantification of Francisella tularensis in organs of naturally infected common squirrel monkeys (Saimiri sciureus),” Veterinary Microbiology, vol. 127, no. 1-2, pp. 203–208, 2008.
- L. Radnedge, S. Gamez-Chin, P. M. Mccready, P. L. Worsham, and G. L. Andersen, “Identification of nucleotide sequences for the specific and rapid detection of Yersinia pestis,” Applied and Environmental Microbiology, vol. 67, no. 8, pp. 3759–3762, 2001.
- C. Supaprom, D. Wang, C. Leelayuwat et al., “Development of real-time PCR assays and evaluation of their potential use for rapid detection of Burkholderia pseudomallei in clinical blood specimens,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 45, no. 9, pp. 2894–2901, 2007.