- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 157838, 5 pages
Difference of Morphology and Immunophenotype between Central and Peripheral Squamous Cell Carcinomas of the Lung
1Department of Pathology, Nagasaki University Hospital, Nagasaki 852-8501, Japan
2Laboratory of Pathology, Toyama University Hospital, Toyama 930-0194, Japan
3Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Saga University, Saga 849-8501, Japan
Received 28 April 2013; Revised 24 July 2013; Accepted 26 July 2013
Academic Editor: Sherven Sharma
Copyright © 2013 Tomayoshi Hayashi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. G. Azzoli, S. Baker Jr., S. Temin et al., “American society of clinical oncology clinical practice guideline update on chemotherapy for stage IV non-small-cell lung cancer,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 27, no. 36, pp. 6251–6266, 2009.
- S. P. Hammar, C. Brambilla, B. Pugatch, et al., “Squamous cell carcinoma,” in World Health Organization Classification of Tumours, Pathology & Genetics, Tumours of the Lung, Pleura, Thymus and Heart, W. D. Travis, E. Brambilla, H. K. Müller-Hermelink, and C. C. Harris, Eds., pp. 26–34, IARC Press, Lyon, France, 2004.
- K. Funai, T. Yokose, G.-I. Ishii et al., “Clinicopathologic characteristics of peripheral squamous cell carcinoma of the lung,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 978–984, 2003.
- T. Nagashima, Y. Sakao, M. Mun et al., “Clinicopathologic characteristics of peripheral squamous cell carcinoma of the lung,” The Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 78, no. 1, pp. 222–227, 2004.
- S. A. Yousem, “Peripheral squamous cell carcinoma of lung: patterns of growth with particular focus on airspace filling,” Human Pathology, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 861–867, 2009.
- Y. Mizushima, R. Yamashita, Y. Kusajima, and S. Sugiyama, “Prognostic comparison between peripheral and central types of squamous cell carcinoma of the lung in patients undergoing surgical resection,” Oncology Reports, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 319–322, 2000.
- K. Usui, C. Tanai, Y. Tanaka, H. Noda, and T. Ishihara, “The prevalence of pulmonary fibrosis combined with emphysema in patients with lung cancer,” Respirology, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 326–331, 2011.
- H. Kawasaki, T. Ogura, T. Yokose, K. Nagai, Y. Nishiwaki, and H. Esumi, “p53 gene alteration in atypical epithelial lesions and carcinoma in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis,” Human Pathology, vol. 32, no. 10, pp. 1043–1049, 2001.