- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 328673, 4 pages
Postelimination Status of Childhood Leprosy: Report from a Tertiary-Care Hospital in South India
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy, Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore, Karnataka 575002, India
Received 29 April 2013; Revised 27 July 2013; Accepted 6 August 2013
Academic Editor: Milton Ozório Moraes
Copyright © 2013 P. Chaitra and Ramesh Marne Bhat. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- World Health Organization, “Global leprosy situation, 2012,” Weekly Epidemiological Record, vol. 87, no. 34, pp. 317–328, 2012.
- G. P. S. Dhillon, “NLEP—current situation and strategy during the 11th plan period (2007–2012),” Journal of the Indian Medical Association, vol. 104, pp. 671–672, 2006.
- NLEP—Progress Report for the Year 2012-2013 Ending on 31st March 2012, Central Leprosy Division, Directorate of Health Services, Government of India, New Delhi, India, 2013, http://www.nlep.nic.in/data.html.
- NLEP, “Training manual for medical officers,” in Classification and Management of Leprosy, chapter 7, Directorate of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi, India, http://nlep.nic.in/training.html.
- D. S. Ridley and W. H. Jopling, “Classification of leprosy according to immunity. A five-group system,” International Journal of Leprosy and Other Mycobacterial Diseases, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 255–273, 1966.
- A. Singal, S. Sonthalia, and D. Pandhi, “Childhood leprosy in a tertiary-care hospital in Delhi, India: a reappraisal in the post-elimination era,” Leprosy Review, vol. 82, no. 3, pp. 259–269, 2011.
- C. Grover, S. Nanda, V. K. Garg, and B. S. N. Reddy, “An epidemiologic study of childhood leprosy from Delhi,” Pediatric Dermatology, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 489–490, 2005.
- S. Jain, R. G. Reddy, S. N. Osmani, D. N. J. Lockwood, and S. Suneetha, “Childhood leprosy in an urban clinic, Hyderabad, India: clinical presentation and the role of household contacts,” Leprosy Review, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 248–253, 2002.
- V. P. Shetty, U. H. Thakar, E. D'Souza et al., “Detection of previously undetected leprosy cases in a defined rural and urban area of Maharashtra, Western India,” Leprosy Review, vol. 80, no. 1, pp. 22–33, 2009.
- K. D. Burman, A. Rijal, S. Agrawal, A. Agarwalla, and K. K. Verma, “Childhood leprosy in Eastern Nepal: a hospital-based study,” Indian Journal of Leprosy, vol. 75, no. 1, pp. 47–52, 2003.
- E. Montestruc and R. Berdonneau, “2 new cases of leprosy in infants in Martinique,” Bulletin de la Société de Pathologie Exotique et de ses Filiales, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 781–783, 1954.
- S. M. van Beers, M. Hatta, and P. R. Klatser, “Patient contact is the major determinant in incident leprosy: implications for future control,” International Journal of Leprosy and Other Mycobacterial Diseases, vol. 67, no. 2, pp. 119–128, 1999.
- A. Selvasekar, J. Geetha, K. Nisha, N. Manimozhi, K. Jesudasan, and P. S. S. Rao, “Childhood leprosy in an endemic area,” Leprosy Review, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 21–27, 1999.
- R. M. Bhat and P. Chaitra, “Profile of new leprosy cases attending a South Indian referral hospital in 2011-2012,” ISRN Tropical Medicine, vol. 2013, Article ID 579024, 4 pages, 2013.
- R. C. Mehndiratta, A. Patnaik, O. John, and P. S. S. Rao, “Does nerve examination improve diagnostic efficacy of the WHO classification of leprosy?” Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, vol. 74, no. 4, pp. 327–330, 2008.
- B. Kumar, R. Rani, and I. Kaur, “Childhood leprosy in chandigarh; clinico-histopathological correlation,” International Journal of Leprosy and Other Mycobacterial Diseases, vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 330–331, 2000.
- A. G. Rao, “Study of leprosy in children,” Indian Journal of Leprosy, vol. 81, no. 4, pp. 195–197, 2009.