- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 349437, 8 pages
Dose Verification in Intensity Modulation Radiation Therapy: A Fractal Dimension Characteristics Study
1Department of Information Engineering, I-Shou University, No. 1, Sec. 1, Syuecheng Road, Dashu District, Kaohsiung City 84001, Taiwan
2Department of Radiation Oncology, E-Da Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
3Department of medical Imaging and Radiological Science, Central Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taichung, Taiwan
4Department of Medical Imaging and Radiological Sciences, I-Shou University, No. 1, Sec. 1, Syuecheng Road, Dashu District, Kaohsiung City 84001, Taiwan
Received 25 April 2013; Accepted 3 June 2013
Academic Editor: Ching Chong Jack Yang
Copyright © 2013 Jia-Ming Wu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Nauta, J. E. Villarreal-Barajas, and M. Tambasco, “Fractal analysis for assessing the level of modulation of IMRT fields,” Medical Physics, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 5385–5393, 2011.
- T.-F. Lee, F.-M. Fang, P.-J. Chao, T.-J. Su, L. K. Wang, and S. W. Leung, “Dosimetric comparisons of helical tomotherapy and step-and-shoot intensity-modulated radiotherapy in nasopharyngeal carcinoma,” Radiotherapy and Oncology, vol. 89, no. 1, pp. 89–96, 2008.
- S. Clemente, B. Wu, G. Sanguineti et al., “SmartArc-based volumetric modulated arc therapy for oropharyngeal cancer: a dosimetric comparison with both intensity-modulated radiation therapy and helical tomotherapy,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 80, no. 4, pp. 1248–1255, 2011.
- M. Tambasco, I. Nygren, J. Villarreal-Barajas, and A. M. Sci-Thur, “Planning-09: assessing dynamic IMRT field modulation in prostate plans,” Medical Physics, vol. 39, no. 7, 2012.
- S. W. Leung, T.-F. Lee, C.-Y. Chien, P.-J. Chao, W.-L. Tsai, and F.-M. Fang, “Health-related Quality of life in 640 head and neck cancer survivors after radiotherapy using EORTC QLQ-C30 and QLQ-H&N35 questionnaires,” BMC Cancer, vol. 11, article 128, 2011.
- C. M. Nutting, J. P. Morden, K. J. Harrington et al., “Parotid-sparing intensity modulated versus conventional radiotherapy in head and neck cancer (PARSPORT): a phase 3 multicentre randomised controlled trial,” The Lancet Oncology, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 127–136, 2011.
- T.-F. Lee, P.-J. Chao, C.-Y. Wang et al., “Dosimetric comparison of helical tomotherapy and dynamic conformal arc therapy in stereotactic radiosurgery for vestibular schwannomas,” Medical Dosimetry, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 62–70, 2011.
- T.-F. Lee, P.-J. Chao, H.-M. Ting et al., “Comparative analysis of SmartArc-based dual arc volumetric-modulated arc radiotherapy (VMAT) versus intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) for nasopharyngeal carcinoma,” Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 158–174, 2011.
- T.-F. Lee, P.-J. Chao, F.-M. Fang, T.-J. Su, S. W. Leung, and H.-C. Hsu, “Helical tomotherapy for single and multiple liver tumours,” Radiation Oncology, vol. 5, no. 1, article 58, 2010.
- D. L. Andolino, T. Hoene, L. Xiao, J. Buchsbaum, and A. L. Chang, “Dosimetric comparison of involved-field three-dimensional conformal photon radiotherapy and breast-sparing proton therapy for the treatment of Hodgkin's lymphoma in female pediatric patients,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 81, no. 4, pp. e667–e671, 2011.
- P. S. Basran and M. K. Woo, “An analysis of tolerance levels in IMRT quality assurance procedures,” Medical Physics, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 2300–2307, 2008.
- A. Niroomand-Rad, M. T. Gillin, R. W. Kline, and D. F. Grimm, “Film dosimetry of small electron beams for routine radiotherapy planning,” Medical Physics, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 416–421, 1986.
- J. Timmerman, K. Wang, S. Tang, et al., “SU-ET-147: film dosimetry verification for TSE using an epson scanner,” Medical Physics, vol. 39, no. 6, p. 3737, 2012.
- M. Sander, R. I. A. Patterson, A. Raj, and M. Kraft, “Comment on ‘low fractal dimension cluster-dilute soot aggregates from a premixed flame’,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 104, no. 11, Article ID 119601, 2010.
- A. Brahme, “Optimization of stationary and moving beam radiation therapy techniques,” Radiotherapy and Oncology, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 129–140, 1988.
- J. P. Rigaut, “Automated image segmentation by mathematical morphology and fractal geometry,” Journal of Microscopy, vol. 150, no. 1, pp. 21–30, 1988.
- A. Flook, The characterization of textured and structured particle profiles by the automated measurement of their fractal dimension, 1979, 1979, p. 591.