- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 576189, 11 pages
Identification of Differential Expression Genes in Leaves of Rice (Oryza sativa L.) in Response to Heat Stress by cDNA-AFLP Analysis
1College of Life Science, Nantong University, Nantong, Jiangsu 226019, China
2Key Laboratory of Crop Genetics and Physiology of Jiangsu Province, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou, Jiangsu 225009, China
Received 2 August 2012; Revised 14 December 2012; Accepted 7 January 2013
Academic Editor: Juan Francisco Jiménez Bremont
Copyright © 2013 Yunying Cao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Stone, “The effects of heat stress on cereal yield and quality,” in Crop Responses and Adaptations To Temperature Stress, pp. 243–291, Binghamton, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- G. S. Khush, “Green revolution: the way forward,” Nature Reviews Genetics, vol. 2, no. 10, pp. 815–822, 2001.
- A. Grover, A. Chandramouli, S. Agarwal, S. Katiyar-Agarwal, M. Agarwal, and C. Sahi, “Transgenic rice for tolerance against abiotic stresses,” in Rice Improvement in the Genomic Era, pp. 237–267, Hawarth Press, 2009.
- D. G. Lee, N. Ahsan, S. H. Lee et al., “A proteomic approach in analyzing heat-responsive proteins in rice leaves,” Proteomics, vol. 7, no. 18, pp. 3369–3383, 2007.
- A. Singh, U. Singh, D. Mittal, and A. Grover, “Genome-wide analysis of rice ClpB/HSP100, ClpC and ClpD genes,” BMC Genomics, vol. 11, no. 1, article 95, 2010.
- K. Kosová, P. Vítámvás, I. T. Prášil, and J. Renaut, “Plant proteome changes under abiotic stress-Contribution of proteomics studies to understanding plantstress response,” Journal of Proteomics, vol. 74, no. 8, pp. 1301–1322, 2011.
- J. V. Jorrín-Novo, A. M. Maldonado, S. Echevarría-Zomeño et al., “Plant proteomics update (2007-2008): second-generation proteomic techniques, an appropriate experimental design, and data analysis to fulfill MIAPE standards, increase plant proteome coverage and expand biological knowledge,” Journal of Proteomics, vol. 72, no. 3, pp. 285–314, 2009.
- G. K. Agrawal, N. S. Jwa, and R. Rakwal, “Rice proteomics: ending phase i and the beginning of phase II,” Proteomics, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 935–963, 2009.
- F. Han, H. Chen, X. J. Li, M. F. Yang, G. S. Liu, and S. H. Shen, “A comparative proteomic analysis of rice seedlings under various high-temperature stresses,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1794, no. 11, pp. 1625–1634, 2009.
- W. Hu, G. Hu, and B. Han, “Genome-wide survey and expression profiling of heat shock proteins and heat shock factors revealed overlapped and stress specific response under abiotic stresses in rice,” Plant Science, vol. 176, no. 4, pp. 583–590, 2009.
- A. Goswami, R. Banerjee, and S. Raha, “Mechanisms of plant adaptation/memory in rice seedlings under arsenic and heat stress: expression of heat-shock protein gene HSP70,” AoB Plants, vol. 2010, Article ID plq023, 2010.
- P. Breyne and M. Zabeau, “Genome-wide expression analysis of plant cell cycle modulated genes,” Current Opinion in Plant Biology, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 136–142, 2001.
- C. W. B. Bachem, R. S. van der Hoeven, S. M. de Bruijn, D. Vreugdenhil, M. Zabeau, and R. G. F. Visser, “Visualization of differential gene expression using a novel method of RNA fingerprinting based on AFLP: analysis of gene expression during potato tuber development,” The Plant Journal, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 745–753, 1996.
- R. F. Ditt, E. W. Nester, and L. Comai, “Plant gene expression response to Agrobacterium tumefaciens,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 98, no. 19, pp. 10954–10959, 2001.
- R. Fukumura, H. Takahashi, T. Saito et al., “A sensitive transcriptome analysis method that can detect unknown transcripts,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 31, no. 16, p. e94, 2003.
- P. Breyne, R. Dreesen, B. Cannoot et al., “Quantitative cDNA-AFLP analysis for genome-wide expression studies,” Molecular Genetics and Genomics, vol. 269, no. 2, pp. 173–179, 2003.
- H. Nakagawa, T. Horie, and T. Matsui, “Effects of climate change on rice production and adaptive technologies,” in Rice Science: Innovations and Impact For Livelihood, pp. 635–658, Beijing, China, 2003, Proceedings of the International Rice Research Conference.
- P. V. V. Prasad, K. J. Boote, L. H. Allen Jr., J. E. Sheehy, and J. M. G. Thomas, “Species, ecotype and cultivar differences in spikelet fertility and harvest index of rice in response to high temperature stress,” Field Crops Research, vol. 95, no. 2-3, pp. 398–411, 2006.
- T. Matsui, K. Omasa, and T. Horie, “The difference in sterility due to high temperatures during the flowering period among Japonica-rice varieties,” Plant Production Science, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 90–93, 2001.
- M. Bitrián, X. Zarza, T. Altabella, A. F. Tiburcio, and R. Alcázar, “Polyamines under abiotic stress: metabolic crossroads and hormonal crosstalks in plants,” Metabolites, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 516–528, 2012.
- R. Alcázar, T. Altabella, F. Marco et al., “Polyamines: molecules with regulatory functions in plant abiotic stress tolerance,” Planta, vol. 231, no. 6, pp. 1237–1249, 2010.
- C. W. B. Bachem, R. J. F. J. Oomen, and R. G. F. Visser, “Transcript Imaging with cDNA-AFLP: a step-by-step protocol,” Plant Molecular Biology Reporter, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 157–173, 1998.
- B. J. Bassam, G. Caetano-Anolles, and P. M. Gresshoff, “Fast and sensitive silver staining of DNA in polyacrylamide gels,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 196, no. 1, pp. 80–83, 1991.
- M. R. Frost and J. A. Guggenheim, “Prevention of depurination during elution facilitates the reamplification of DNA from differential display gels,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 27, no. 15, p. e6, 1999.
- S. F. Altschul, T. L. Madden, A. A. Schäffer et al., “Gapped BLAST and PSI-BLAST: a new generation of protein database search programs,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 25, no. 17, pp. 3389–3402, 1997.
- H. Yamakawa, T. Hirose, M. Kuroda, and T. Yamaguchi, “Comprehensive expression profiling of rice grain filling-related genes under high temperature using DNA microarray,” Plant Physiology, vol. 144, no. 1, pp. 258–277, 2007.
- S. K. Lin, M. C. Chang, Y. G. Tsai, and H. S. Lur, “Proteomic analysis of the expression of proteins related to rice quality during caryopsis development and the effect of high temperature on expression,” Proteomics, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 2140–2156, 2005.
- H. E. O'Connor, S. V. Ruffle, A. J. Cain et al., “The 9-kDa phosphoprotein of photosystem II. Generation and characterisation of Chlamydomonas mutants lacking PSII-H and a site-directed mutant lacking the phosphorylation site,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1364, no. 1, pp. 63–72, 1998.
- E. Nakamaru-Ogiso, H. Han, A. Matsuno-Yagi et al., “The ND2 subunit is labeled by a photoaffinity analogue of asimicin, a potent complex I inhibitor,” FEBS Letters, vol. 584, no. 5, pp. 883–888, 2010.
- R. A. Burton, N. J. Shirley, B. J. King, A. J. Harvey, and G. B. Fincher, “The CesA gene family of barley. Quantitative analysis of transcripts reveals two groups of co-expressed genes,” Plant Physiology, vol. 134, no. 1, pp. 224–236, 2004.
- L. A. Cowart and Y. A. Hannun, “Selective substrate supply in the regulation of yeast de novo sphingolipid synthesis,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 282, no. 16, pp. 12330–12340, 2007.
- U. I. Flugge, “Phosphate translocators in plastids,” Annual Review of Plant Physiology and Plant Molecular Biology, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 27–45, 1999.
- P. D. van Poelje and E. E. Snell, “Pyruvoyl-dependent enzymes,” Annual Review of Biochemistry, vol. 59, pp. 29–59, 1990.
- A. E. Pegg, H. Xiong, D. J. Feith, and L. M. Shantz, “S-adenosylmethionine decarboxylase: structure, function and regulation by polyamines,” Biochemical Society Transactions, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 580–586, 1998.
- J. F. Jiménez-Bremont, O. A. Ruiz, and M. Rodríguez-Kessler, “Modulation of spermidine and spermine levels in maize seedlings subjected to long-term salt stress,” Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, vol. 45, no. 10-11, pp. 812–821, 2007.