- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 637678, 5 pages
An Isolated Medial Patellofemoral Ligament Reconstruction with Patellar Tendon Autograft
1Department of Reconstructive Surgery and Arthroscopy of the Knee, Medical University of Łódź, 91-002 Łódź, 75 Drewnowska, Poland
2Clinic of Orthopaedics and Paediatric Orthopaedic, Medical University of Łódź, 91-002 Łódź, 75 Drewnowska, Poland
Received 7 May 2013; Accepted 5 September 2013
Academic Editor: René Verdonk
Copyright © 2013 Dariusz Witoński et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Nomura, “Classification of lesions of the medial patello-femoral ligament in patellar dislocation,” International Orthopaedics, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 260–263, 1999.
- R. Nikku, Y. Nietosvaara, K. Aalto, and P. E. Kallio, “Operative treatment of primary patellar dislocation does not improve medium-term outcome: a 7-year follow-up report and risk analysis of 127 randomized patients,” Acta Orthopaedica, vol. 76, no. 5, pp. 699–704, 2005.
- Y. Mikashima, M. Kimura, Y. Kobayashi, M. Miyawaki, and T. Tomatsu, “Clinical results of isolated reconstruction of the medial patellofemoral ligament for recurrent dislocation and subluxation of the patella,” Acta Orthopaedica Belgica, vol. 72, no. 1, pp. 65–71, 2006.
- G. L. Camanho, A. C. Bitar, A. J. Hernandez, and R. Olivi, “Medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction: a novel technique using the patellar ligament,” Arthroscopy, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 108.e1–108.e4, 2007.
- D. Witońki, R. Keska, and M. Bira, “Reconstruction of the medial patellofemoral ligament with patellar tendon autograft—preliminary report,” Chirurgia Narzadów Ruchu i Ortopedia Polska, vol. 75, no. 1, pp. 42–46, 2010.
- U. M. Kujala, L. H. Jaakkola, S. K. Koskinen, S. Taimela, M. Hurme, and O. Nelimarkka, “Scoring of patellofemoral disorders,” Arthroscopy, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 159–163, 1993.
- E. M. Roos and L. S. Lohmander, “The Knee Injury and Osteoarthritis Outcome Score (KOOS): from joint injury to osteoarthritis,” Health Qual Life Outcomes, vol. 1, article 64, 2003.
- A. A. Patel, D. Donegan, and T. Albert, “The 36-Ltem short form,” Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 126–134, 2007.
- J. Christoforakis, A. M. J. Bull, R. K. Strachan, R. Shymkiw, W. Senavongse, and A. A. Amis, “Effects of lateral retinacular release on the lateral stability of the patella,” Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 273–277, 2006.
- F. R. Noyes and J. C. Albright, “Reconstruction of the medial patellofemoral ligament with autologous quadriceps tendon,” Arthroscopy, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 904.e1–904.e7, 2006.
- P. J. Sillanpää, H. M. Mäenpää, V. M. Mattila, T. Visuri, and H. Pihlajamäki, “A mini-invasive adductor magnus tendon transfer technique for medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction: a technical note,” Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 508–512, 2009.
- R. A. Teitge and R. Torga-Spak, “Medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction,” Orthopedics, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 1037–1040, 2004.
- P. B. Schöttle, S. F. Fucentese, and J. Romero, “Clinical and radiological outcome of medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction with a semitendinosus autograft for patella instability,” Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 516–521, 2005.
- Y. Toritsuka, H. Amano, T. Mae et al., “Dual tunnel medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction for patients with patellar dislocation using a semitendinosus tendon autograft,” Knee, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 214–219, 2011.
- S. E. Christiansen, B. W. Jacobsen, B. Lund, and M. Lind, “Reconstruction of the medial patellofemoral ligament with gracilis tendon autograft in transverse patellar drill holes,” Arthroscopy, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 82–87, 2008.
- V. Kumar, A. Panagopoulos, J. K. Triantafyllopoulos, and L. Niekerk van, “Medial patello-femoral ligament reconstruction with semitendinosus re-routing for the treatment of traumatic patella dislocation,” Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, vol. 90, article 323, 2008.
- H. Han, Y. Xia, X. Yun, and M. Wu, “Anatomical transverse patella double tunnel reconstruction of medial patellofemoral ligament with a hamstring tendon autograft for recurrent patellar dislocation,” Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, vol. 131, no. 3, pp. 343–351, 2011.
- C. K. Goorens, H. Robun, B. Hendrickx, H. Delport, K. D. Mulder, and J. Hens, “Reconstruction of the medial patellofemoral ligament for patellar instabifity using an autologous gracilis tendon graft,” Acta Orthopaedica Belgica, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 398–402, 2010.
- P. Sillanpää, V. M. Mattila, T. Visuri, H. Mäenpää, and H. Pihlajamäki, “Ligament reconstruction versus distal realignment for patellar dislocation,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 466, pp. 1475–1484, 2008.
- T. M. Steiner, R. Torga-Spak, and R. A. Teitge, “Medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction in patients with lateral patellar instability and trochlear dysplasia,” American Journal of Sports Medicine, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 1254–1261, 2006.
- L. Zhang, Z. Li, J. Liu, J. Sun, and J. Ma, “Anatomical double bundle reconstruction of medial patellofemoral ligament with allograft tendon in patellar dislocations,” Chinese Journal of Reparative and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 100–103, 2010.
- N. R. Howells, A. J. Barnett, N. Ahearn, A. Ansari, and J. D. Eldridge, “Medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction: a prospective outcome assessment of a large single centre series,” The Bone & Joint Journal, vol. 94, pp. 1202–1208, 2012.
- E. Nomura, Y. Horiuchi, and M. Kihara, “A mid-term follow-up of medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction using an artificial ligament for recurrent patellar dislocation,” Knee, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 211–215, 2000.
- G. D. Myer, K. R. Ford, K. D. Barber Foss, C. Liu, T. G. Nick, and T. E. Hewett, “The relationship of hamstrings and quadriceps strength to anterior cruciate ligament injury in female athletes,” Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 3–8, 2009.
- T. E. Hewett, G. D. Myer, K. R. Ford et al., “Biomechanical measures of neuromuscular control and valgus loading of the knee predict anterior cruciate ligament injury risk in female athletes: a prospective study,” American Journal of Sports Medicine, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 492–501, 2005.
- M. Thaunat and P. J. Erasmus, “Recurrent patellar dislocation after medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction,” Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 40–43, 2008.