- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 690937, 8 pages
Recombinant Rat CC10 Protein Inhibits PDGF-Induced Airway Smooth Muscle Cells Proliferation and Migration
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Yueyang Hospital of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine,
Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 650 South Wanping Road, Shanghai 200030, China
Received 8 April 2013; Revised 24 June 2013; Accepted 11 August 2013
Academic Editor: Elena Orlova
Copyright © 2013 Ying Wei et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Tagaya and J. Tamaoki, “Mechanisms of airway remodeling in asthma,” Allergology International, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 331–340, 2007.
- Y. Sumi and Q. Hamid, “Airway remodeling in asthma,” Allergology International, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 341–348, 2007.
- N. Carroll, J. Elliot, A. Morton, and A. James, “The structure of large and small airways in nonfatal and fatal asthma,” American Review of Respiratory Disease, vol. 147, no. 2, pp. 405–410, 1993.
- J. K. Bentley and M. B. Hershenson, “Airway smooth muscle growth in asthma: proliferation, hypertrophy, and migration,” Proceedings of the American Thoracic Society, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 89–96, 2008.
- R. Halwani, S. Al-Muhsen, and Q. Hamid, “Airway remodeling in asthma,” Current Opinion in Pharmacology, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 236–245, 2010.
- D. M. Murphy and P. M. O'Byrne, “Recent advances in the pathophysiology of asthma,” Chest, vol. 137, no. 6, pp. 1417–1426, 2010.
- L. Fredriksson, H. Li, and U. Eriksson, “The PDGF family: four gene products form five dimeric isoforms,” Cytokine and Growth Factor Reviews, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 197–204, 2004.
- S. Feske, Y. Gwack, M. Prakriya et al., “A mutation in Orai1 causes immune deficiency by abrogating CRAC channel function,” Nature, vol. 441, no. 7090, pp. 179–185, 2006.
- I. Ohno, Y. Nitta, K. Yamauchi et al., “Eosinophils as a potential source of platelet-derived growth factor B-chain (PDGF-B) in nasal polyposis and bronchial asthma,” American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 639–647, 1995.
- S. Shimizu, E. C. Gabazza, T. Hayashi, M. Ido, Y. Adachi, and K. Suzuki, “Thrombin stimulates the expression of PDGF in lung epithelial cells,” American Journal of Physiology—Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology, vol. 279, no. 3, pp. L503–L510, 2000.
- I. Ito, E. D. Fixman, K. Asai et al., “Platelet-derived growth factor and transforming growth factor-β modulate the expression of matrix metalloproteinases and migratory function of human airway smooth muscle cells,” Clinical and Experimental Allergy, vol. 39, no. 9, pp. 1370–1380, 2009.
- J. A. Elias, “Airway remodeling in asthma: unanswered questions,” American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, vol. 161, no. 3, pp. S168–S171, 2000.
- G. Singh and S. L. Katyal, “Clara cells and Clara cell 10 kD protein (CC10),” American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 141–143, 1997.
- G. Singh, S. L. Katyal, and S. A. Gottron, “Antigenic, molecular and functional heterogeneity of Clara cell secretory proteins in the rat,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 829, no. 2, pp. 156–163, 1985.
- A. B. Mukherjee, G. C. Kundu, G. Mantile-Selvaggi et al., “Uteroglobin: a novel cytokine?” Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 771–787, 1999.
- T. C. Umland, S. Swaminathan, G. Singh et al., “Structure of a human Clara cell phospholipid-binding protein-ligand complex at 1.9 Å resolution,” Nature Structural Biology, vol. 1, no. 8, pp. 538–545, 1994.
- X. B. Long, S. Hu, N. Wang, H. T. Zhen, Y. H. Cui, and Z. Liu, “Clara cell 10-kDa protein gene transfection inhibits NF-kappaB activity in airway epithelial cells,” PLoS One, vol. 7, Article ID e35960, 2012.
- P. Katavolos, C. A. Ackerley, M. E. Clark, and D. Bienzle, “Clara cell secretory protein increases phagocytic and decreases oxidative activity of neutrophils,” Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology, vol. 139, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2011.
- X. M. Gioldassi, H. Papadimitriou, V. Mikraki, and N. K. Karamanos, “Clara cell secretory protein: determination of serum levels by an enzyme immunoassay and its importance as an indicator of bronchial asthma in children,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 823–826, 2004.
- R. Ray, Z. Zhang, Y.-C. Lee, J.-L. Gao, and A. B. Mukherjee, “Uteroglobin suppresses allergen-induced TH2 differentiation by down-regulating the expression of serum amyloid A and SOCS-3 genes,” FEBS Letters, vol. 580, no. 25, pp. 6022–6026, 2006.
- A. K. Mandal, R. Ray, Z. Zhang, B. Chowdhury, N. Pattabiraman, and A. B. Mukherjee, “Uteroglobin inhibits prostaglandin F2α receptor-mediated expression of genes critical for the production of pro-inflammatory lipid mediators,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 280, no. 38, pp. 32897–32904, 2005.
- N. Ke, X. Wang, X. Xu, and Y. A. Abassi, “The xCELLigence system for real-time and label-free monitoring of cell viability,” Methods in Molecular Biology, vol. 740, pp. 33–43, 2011.
- J. M. Atienza, N. Yu, S. L. Kirstein et al., “Dynamic and label-freee cell-based assays using the real-time cell electronic sensing system,” Assay and Drug Development Technologies, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 597–607, 2006.
- R. Limame, A. Wouters, B. Pauwels et al., “Comparative analysis of dynamic cell viability, migration and invasion assessments by novel real-time technology and classic endpoint assays,” PloS One, vol. 7, no. 10, Article ID e46536, 2012.
- Y.-D. Xu, J.-M. Cui, Y. Wang et al., “The early asthmatic response is associated with glycolysis, calcium binding and mitochondria activity as revealed by proteomic analysis in rats,” Respiratory Research, vol. 11, article 107, 2010.
- G. Mantile, L. Miele, E. Cordella-Miele, G. Singh, S. L. Katyal, and A. B. Mukherjee, “Human Clara cell 10-kDa protein is the counterpart of rabbit uteroglobin,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 268, no. 27, pp. 20343–20351, 1993.
- H. P. Sørensen and K. K. Mortensen, “Soluble expression of recombinant proteins in the cytoplasm of Escherichia coli,” Microbial Cell Factories, vol. 4, article 1, 2005.
- P. R. A. Johnson, M. Roth, M. Tamm et al., “Airway smooth muscle cell proliferation is increased in asthma,” American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, vol. 164, no. 3, pp. 474–477, 2001.
- J. K. Burgess, H. L. Jin, Q. I. Ge et al., “Dual ERK and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathways control airway smooth muscle proliferation: differences in asthma,” Journal of Cellular Physiology, vol. 216, no. 3, pp. 673–679, 2008.
- C. Pepe, S. Foley, J. Shannon et al., “Differences in airway remodeling between subjects with severe and moderate asthma,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 116, no. 3, pp. 544–549, 2005.
- J. A. Hirota, K. Ask, L. Farkas et al., “In vivo role of platelet-derived growth factor-BB in airway smooth muscle proliferation in mouse lung,” American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 566–572, 2011.
- S. J. Hirst, J. G. Martin, J. V. Bonacci et al., “Proliferative aspects of airway smooth muscle,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 114, no. 2, pp. S2–S17, 2004.
- J. F. Perez-Zoghbi, C. Karner, S. Ito, M. Shepherd, Y. Alrashdan, and M. J. Sanderson, “Ion channel regulation of intracellular calcium and airway smooth muscle function,” Pulmonary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 388–397, 2009.
- A. L. Lazaar and R. A. Panettieri Jr., “Airway smooth muscle: a modulator of airway remodeling in asthma,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 116, no. 3, pp. 488–495, 2005.
- B. Camoretti-Mercado, “Targeting the airway smooth muscle for asthma treatment,” Translational Research, vol. 154, no. 4, pp. 165–174, 2009.
- F. Das, L. Mahimainathan, N. Ghosh-Choudhury et al., “TGFβ intercepts nuclear glycogen synthase kinase 3β to inhibit PDGF-induced DNA synthesis in mesangial cells,” FEBS Letters, vol. 581, no. 27, pp. 5259–5267, 2007.
- J. C. Allen, P. Seidel, T. Schlosser, E. E. Ramsay, Q. Ge, and A. J. Ammit, “Cyclin D1 in ASM cells from asthmatics is insensitive to corticosteroid inhibition,” Journal of Allergy, vol. 2012, Article ID 307838, 6 pages, 2012.
- C. J. Sherr and J. M. Roberts, “CDK inhibitors: positive and negative regulators of G1-phase progression,” Genes and Development, vol. 13, no. 12, pp. 1501–1512, 1999.
- C.-L. Du, Y.-J. Xu, X.-S. Liu et al., “Up-regulation of cyclin D1 expression in asthma serum-sensitized human airway smooth muscle promotes proliferation via protein kinase Cα,” Experimental Lung Research, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 201–210, 2010.