- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 752603, 8 pages
Soluble Flt-1 Gene Delivery in Acute Myeloid Leukemic Cells Mediating a Nonviral Gene Carrier
1Medical Genetics Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
2Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Ilam University of Medical Sciences, Ilam 69316, Iran
3UPM-MAKNA Cancer Research Laboratory, Institute of Bioscience, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
4Perdana University Graduate School of Medicine, Perdana University, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
5Department of Microbiology, College of Medicine, Al-Nahrain University, Baghdad, Iraq
6Hematology Department, School of Allied Health Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Received 25 May 2012; Revised 28 October 2012; Accepted 15 November 2012
Academic Editor: Richard Tucker
Copyright © 2013 Razieh Amini et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. D. Griffin and B. Lowenberg, “Clonogenic cells in acute myeloblastic leukemia,” Blood, vol. 68, no. 6, pp. 1185–1195, 1986.
- E. Estey and H. Döhner, “Acute myeloid leukaemia,” The Lancet, vol. 368, no. 9550, pp. 1894–1907, 2006.
- D. Hanahan and J. Folkman, “Patterns and emerging mechanisms of the angiogenic switch during tumorigenesis,” Cell, vol. 86, no. 3, pp. 353–364, 1996.
- J. Folkman, “Clinical applications of research on angiogenesis,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 333, no. 26, pp. 1757–1763, 1995.
- W. Risau, “Mechanisms of angiogenesis,” Nature, vol. 386, no. 6626, pp. 671–674, 1997.
- J. W. Hussong, G. M. Rodgers, and P. J. Shami, “Evidence of increased angiogenesis in patients with acute myeloid leukemia,” Blood, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 309–313, 2000.
- N. Ferrara, “Role of vascular endothelial growth factor in the regulation of angiogenesis,” Kidney International, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 794–814, 1999.
- A. E. Frankel and P. S. Gill, “VEGF and myeloid leukemias,” Leukemia Research, vol. 28, no. 7, pp. 675–677, 2004.
- N. Barbarroja, L. Arístides-Torres, V. Hernandez et al., “Coordinated deregulation of cellular receptors, proangiogenic factors and intracellular pathways in acute myeloid leukaemia,” Leukemia and Lymphoma, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 1187–1199, 2007.
- A. Aguayo, E. Estey, H. Kantarjian et al., “Cellular vascular endothelial growth factor is a predictor of outcome in patients with acute myeloid leukemia,” Blood, vol. 94, no. 11, pp. 3717–3721, 1999.
- G. Schuch, M. Machluf, G. Bartsch et al., “In vivo administration of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and its antagonist, soluble neuropilin-1, predicts a role of VEGF in the progression of acute myeloid leukemia in vivo,” Blood, vol. 100, no. 13, pp. 4622–4628, 2002.
- T. Padró, S. Ruiz, R. Bieker et al., “Increased angiogenesis in the bone marrow of patients with acute myeloid leukemia,” Blood, vol. 95, no. 8, pp. 2637–2644, 2000.
- B. Wegiel, J. Ekberg, K. M. Talasila, S. Jalili, and J. L. Persson, “The role of VEGF and a functional link between VEGF and p27Kip1 in acute myeloid leukemia,” Leukemia, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 251–261, 2009.
- D. Grimwade, “The clinical significance of cytogenetic abnormalities in acute myeloid leukaemia,” Best Practice and Research, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 497–529, 2001.
- L. M. Kelly and D. G. Gilliland, “Genetics of myeloid leukemias,” Annual Review of Genomics and Human Genetics, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 179–198, 2002.
- A. Kume, Y. Hanazono, H. Mizukami, T. Okada, and K. Ozawa, “Selective expansion of transduced cells for hematopoietic stem cell gene therapy,” International Journal of Hematology, vol. 76, no. 4, pp. 299–304, 2002.
- M. Toi, H. Bando, T. Ogawa, M. Muta, C. Hornig, and H. A. Weich, “Significance of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)/soluble VEGF receptor-1 relationship in breast cancer,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 98, no. 1, pp. 14–18, 2002.
- K. Lamszus, U. Ulbricht, J. Matschke, M. A. Brockmann, R. Fillbrandt, and M. Westphal, “Levels of soluble vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptor 1 in astrocytic tumors and its relation to malignancy, vascularity, and VEGF-A,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 1399–1405, 2003.
- C. Ye, C. Feng, S. Wang, et al., “sFlt-1 gene therapy of follicular thyroid carcinoma,” Endocrinology, vol. 145, no. 2, pp. 817–822, 2004.
- C. K. Goldman, R. L. Kendall, G. Cabrera et al., “Paracrine expression of a native soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor inhibits tumor growth, metastasis, and mortality rate,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 95, no. 15, pp. 8795–8800, 1998.
- H. L. Kong, D. Hecht, W. Song et al., “Regional suppression of tumor growth by in vivo transfer of a cDNA encoding a secreted form of the extracellular domain of the flt-1 vascular endothelial growth factor receptor,” Human Gene Therapy, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 823–833, 1998.
- P. J. Mahasreshti, J. G. Navarro, M. Kataram et al., “Adenovirus-mediated soluble FLT-1 gene therapy for ovarian carcinoma,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 2057–2066, 2001.
- J. Liu, J. Li, C. Su, B. Huang, and S. Luo, “Soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase-1 expression inhibits the growth of multiple myeloma in nude mice,” Acta Biochimica et Biophysica Sinica, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 499–506, 2007.
- B. Barleon, F. Totzke, C. Herzog et al., “Mapping of the sites for ligand binding and receptor dimerization at the extracellular domain of the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor FLT- 1,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 272, no. 16, pp. 10382–10388, 1997.
- W. J. Kim, J. W. Yockman, M. Lee, J. H. Jeong, Y. H. Kim, and S. W. Kim, “Soluble Flt-1 gene delivery using PEI-g-PEG-RGD conjugate for anti-angiogenesis,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 106, no. 1-2, pp. 224–234, 2005.
- R. He, B. Liu, C. Yang, R. C. Yang, G. Tobelem, and Z. C. Han, “Inhibition of K562 leukemia angiogenesis and growth by expression of antisense vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) sequence,” Cancer Gene Therapy, vol. 10, no. 12, pp. 879–886, 2003.