- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Biochemistry Research International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 242764, 12 pages
Ubiquitin-Mediated Regulation of Endocytosis by Proteins of the Arrestin Family
1Institut Jacques Monod, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UMR 7592, Université Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, 75205 Paris, France
2Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas, CSIC-UAM, Arturo Duperier, 4, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Received 1 June 2012; Accepted 28 July 2012
Academic Editor: Dmitry Karpov
Copyright © 2012 Michel Becuwe et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [23 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Fortune F. Shea, Jennie L. Rowell, Yechaowei Li, Tien-Hsien Chang, and Carlos E. Alvarez, “Mammalian Alpha Arrestins Link Activated Seven Transmembrane Receptors to Nedd4 Family E3 Ubiquitin Ligases and Interact with Beta Arrestins,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 12, 2012.
- Nobumasa Takasugi, Tomoki Sasaki, Ihori Ebinuma, Satoko Osawa, Hayato Isshiki, Koji Takeo, Taisuke Tomita, and Takeshi Iwatsubo, “FTY720/Fingolimod, a Sphingosine Analogue, Reduces Amyloid-β Production in Neurons,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 5, 2013.
- J. Horak, “Regulations of sugar transporters: insights from yeast,” Current Genetics, vol. 59, no. 1-2, pp. 1–31, 2013.
- Martin Scheffner, and Sharad Kumar, “Mammalian HECT ubiquitin-protein ligases: Biological and pathophysiological aspects,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Cell Research, 2013.
- Werner C Jaeger, Ruth M Seeber, Karin A Eidne, and Kevin D G Pfleger, “Molecular determinants of orexin receptor-arrestin-ubiquitin complex formation,” British Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 171, no. 2, pp. 364–374, 2013.
- Satoshi Uemura, Fumiyoshi Abe, Asaha Suzuki, Takahiro Mochizuki, and Toshiki Hiraki, “Pressure-Induced Endocytic Degradation of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae Low-Affinity Tryptophan Permease Tat1 Is Mediated by Rsp5 Ubiquitin Ligase and Functionally Redundant PPxY Motif Proteins,” Eukaryotic Cell, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 990–997, 2013.
- Patricia Chastagner, Loredana Puca, Christel Brou, Vannary Meas-Yedid, and Alain Israel, “alpha-arrestin 1 (ARRDC1) and beta-arrestins cooperate to mediate Notch degradation in mammals,” Journal Of Cell Science, vol. 126, no. 19, pp. 4457–4468, 2013.
- Christopher G. Alvaro, Allyson F. O'Donnell, Derek C. Prosser, Andrew A. Augustine, Aaron Goldman, Jeffrey L. Brodsky, Martha S. Cyert, Beverly Wendland, and Jeremy Thorner, “Specific alpha-Arrestins Negatively Regulate Saccharomyces cerevisiae Pheromone Response by Down-Modulating the G-Protein-Coupled Receptor Ste2,” Molecular and Cellular Biology, vol. 34, no. 14, pp. 2660–2681, 2014.
- Loredana Puca, and Christel Brou, “alpha-Arrestins - new players in Notch and GPCR signaling pathways in mammals,” Journal of Cell Science, vol. 127, no. 7, pp. 1359–1367, 2014.
- Dong Soo Kang, Xufan Tian, and Jeffrey L Benovic, “Role of β-arrestins and arrestin domain-containing proteins in G protein-coupled receptor trafficking,” Current Opinion in Cell Biology, vol. 27, pp. 63–71, 2014.
- M. Babst, “Quality control: Quality control at the plasma membrane: One mechanism does not fit all,” The Journal of Cell Biology, vol. 205, no. 1, pp. 11–20, 2014.
- Christian Schuberth, and Roland Wedlich-Söldner, “Building a patchwork – the yeast plasma membrane as model to study lateral domain formation,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Cell Research, 2014.
- Michel Becuwe, and Sébastien Léon, “Integrated control of transporter endocytosis and recycling by the arrestin-related protein Rod1 and the ubiquitin ligase Rsp5,” eLife, vol. 3, 2014.
- Pilar Puig-Sarries, Marie-Jose Bijlmakers, Alice Zuin, Anne Bichmann, Miquel Pons, and Bernat Crosas, “An intrinsically disordered region of RPN10 plays a key role in restricting ubiquitin chain elongation in RPN10 monoubiquitination,” Biochemical Journal, vol. 469, pp. 455–467, 2015.
- H.M. Gaudet, S.B. Cheng, E.M. Christensen, and E.J. Filardo, “The G-protein coupled estrogen receptor, GPER: The inside and inside-out story,” Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology, 2015.
- Huiwen Hu, Chengyong Tang, Qinghu Jiang, Wei Luo, Jiming Liu, Xufu Wei, Rui Liu, and Zhongjun Wu, “Reduced ubiquitin-specific protease 9X expression induced by RNA interference inhibits the bioactivity of hepatocellular carcinoma cells,” Oncology Letters, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 268–272, 2015.
- Wenjing Li, Hong Zhu, Xuelian Zhao, Deborah Brancho, Yuanxin Liang, Yiyu Zou, Craig Bennett, and Chi-Wing Chow, “Dysregulated Inflammatory Signaling upon Charcot-Marie-Tooth Type 1C Mutation of SIMPLE Protein,” Molecular And Cellular Biology, vol. 35, no. 14, pp. 2464–2478, 2015.
- A. Herrador, D. Livas, L. Soletto, M. Becuwe, S. Leon, and O. Vincent, “Casein kinase 1 controls the activation threshold of an -arrestin by multisite phosphorylation of the interdomain hinge,” Molecular Biology of the Cell, vol. 26, no. 11, pp. 2128–2138, 2015.
- Derek C. Prosser, Anthony E. Pannunzio, Jeffrey L. Brodsky, Jeremy Thorner, Beverly Wendland, and Allyson F. O'Donnell, “alpha-Arrestins participate in cargo selection for both clathrin-independent and clathrin-mediated endocytosis,” Journal Of Cell Science, vol. 128, no. 22, pp. 4220–4234, 2015.
- Kamila Skieterska, Ao Shen, Dorien Clarisse, Pieter Rondou, Dasiel Oscar Borroto-Escuela, Béatrice Lintermans, Kjell Fuxe, Yang Kevin Xiang, and Kathleen Van Craenenbroeck, “Characterization of the interaction between the dopamine D4 receptor, KLHL12 and β-arrestins,” Cellular Signalling, 2016.
- Ignacio Ibáñez, F. Javier Díez-Guerra, Cecilio Giménez, and Francisco Zafra, “Activity dependent internalization of the glutamate transporter GLT-1 mediated by β-arrestin 1 and ubiquitination,” Neuropharmacology, 2016.
- E. L. Guiney, T. Klecker, and S. D. Emr, “Identification of the endocytic sorting signal recognized by the Art1-Rsp5 ubiquitin ligase complex,” Molecular Biology of the Cell, vol. 27, no. 25, pp. 4043–4054, 2016.
- Jorge L. Sarmiento-Villamil, Nicolás E. García-Pedrajas, Lourdes Baeza-Montañez, and María D. García-Pedrajas, “ The APSES transcription factor Vst1 is a key regulator of development in microsclerotium- and resting mycelium-producing Verticillium species ,” Molecular Plant Pathology, 2017.