Research Article | Open Access
Prithwiraj Byabartta, "Gold-dppm-Arylazoimidazole Complexes: Synthesis, Spectra, and Redox Study", SRX Chemistry, vol. 2010, Article ID 424392, 6 pages, 2010. https://doi.org/10.3814/2010/424392
Gold-dppm-Arylazoimidazole Complexes: Synthesis, Spectra, and Redox Study
[Ag(tht)(OTf)]-assisted reaction produces , reacts with in dichloromethane medium followed by ligand addition, and leads to , (1–3), abbreviated as N,-chelator, where N(imidazole) and N(azo) represent N and , resp.; R = H (a), Me (b), Cl (c) and = Me (1), (2), (3), dppm is diphenylphosphinomethane, is the triflate anion, and tht is tetrahydrothiophen). Ir spectra of the complexes show –C=N– and –N=N– stretching near at 1590 and 1370 and near at 1100, 755, 695, 545, and 505 due to the presence of dppm. The NMR spectral measurements suggest that methylene, ––, in RaaiEt gives a complex AB type multiplet while in Raai it shows AB type quartets. Electrochemistry assigns ligand reduction.
- C. M. Che, H. L. Kwong, W. W. Yam, T. F. Lai, and C. M. Che, “A novel series of gold(III)-bis-triphenylphosphine-arylazoimidazole complexes: synthesis and spectroscopic and redox study,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Dalton Transactions, p. 3747, 1990.
- H. Schmidbaur, Ed., Gold: Progress in Chemistry, Biochemistry and Technology, H. Schmidbaur, Ed., John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, UK, 1999.
- A. J. Lewis, J. Cottney, D. D. White et al., “Action of gold salts in some inflammatory and immunological models,” Agents and Actions, vol. 10, no. 1-2, pp. 63–77, 1980.
- C. K. Mirabelli, C.-M. Sung, J. P. Zimmerman, D. T. Hill, S. Mong, and S. T. Crooke, “Interactions of gold coordination complexes with DNA,” Biochemical Pharmacology, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 1427–1433, 1986.
- C. K. Mirabelli, R. K. Johnson, C. M. Sung, L. Faucette, K. Muirhead, and S. T. Crooke, “Evaluation of the in vivo antitumor activity and in vitro cytotoxic properties of auranofin, a coordinated gold compound, in murine tumor models,” Cancer Research, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 32–39, 1985.
- P. Byabartta, “A novel series of sulphur-bridged ruthenium-molybdenum complexes: . Synthesis, spectroscopic and electrochemical characterization. =1-alkyl-2-(arylazo) imidazole,” Transition Metal Chemistry, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 575–581, 2005.
- P. Byabartta, “Synthesis, spectra and electrochemistry of dinitro-bis-1-alkyl-2-(arylazo) imidazole ruthenium(II). Nitro-nitroso derivatives and reactivity of the electrophilic system,” Transition Metal Chemistry, vol. 30, no. 7, pp. 804–813, 2005.
Copyright © 2010 Prithwiraj Byabartta. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.