- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 891403, 18 pages
HDL, Atherosclerosis, and Emerging Therapies
1McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada H3A 1A1
2Faculty of Medicine, Center for Innovative Medicine, McGill University Health Center, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University, 687 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, QC, Canada H3A 1A1
Received 27 February 2013; Revised 22 April 2013; Accepted 30 April 2013
Academic Editor: Francisco Blanco-Vaca
Copyright © 2013 Anouar Hafiane and Jacques Genest. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [18 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- G. Klose, and R. Hambrecht, “HDL – „Game over“?,” Der Kardiologe, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 346–351, 2013.
- Ki-Chul Sung, Sarah H. Wild, and Christopher D. Byrne, “Controlling for apolipoprotein A-I concentrations changes the inverse direction of the relationship between high HDL-C concentration and a measure of pre-clinical atherosclerosis,” Atherosclerosis, vol. 231, no. 2, pp. 181–186, 2013.
- Anouar Hafiane, Bashar Jabor, Isabelle Ruel, Jennifer Ling, and Jacques Genest, “High-Density Lipoprotein Mediated Cellular Cholesterol Efflux in Acute Coronary Syndromes,” The American Journal of Cardiology, 2013.
- Hussein Kalakech, Pierre Hibert, Delphine Prunier-Mirebeau, Sophie Tamareille, Franck Letournel, Laurent Macchi, Florence Pinet, Alain Furber, and Fabrice Prunier, “RISK and SAFE Signaling Pathway Involvement in Apolipoprotein A-I-Induced Cardioprotection,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 9, 2014.
- Alejandro Gugliucci, and Teresita Menini, “Paraoxonase 1 and HDL maturation,” Clinica Chimica Acta, 2014.
- Bronwyn A. Kingwell, M. John Chapman, Anatol Kontush, and Norman E. Miller, “HDL-targeted therapies: progress, failures and future,” Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, 2014.
- R. J. Doonan, A. Hafiane, C. Lai, J. P. Veinot, J. Genest, and S. S. Daskalopoulou, “Cholesterol Efflux Capacity, Carotid Atherosclerosis, and Cerebrovascular Symptomatology,” Arteriosclerosis Thrombosis and Vascular Biology, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 921–926, 2014.
- Anouar Hafiane, Samantha Kellett, and Jacques Genest, “Treatment options for low high-density lipoproteins,” Current Opinion in Endocrinology & Diabetes and Obesity, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 134–139, 2014.
- Hakki Yilmaz, Alper Bozkurt, Muzaffer Cakmak, Huseyin Tugrul Celik, Mukadder Ayse Bilgic, Nuket Bavbek, and Ali Akcay, “Relationship between late arteriovenous fistula (AVF) stenosis and neutrophil–lymphocyte ratio (NLR) in chronic hemodialysis patients,” Renal Failure, vol. 36, no. 9, pp. 1390–1394, 2014.
- Jean Davignon, Michel P. Hermans, Khalid Al-Rubeaan, Pierre Amarenco, Gerd Assmann, Philip Barter, John Betteridge, Eric Bruckert, Ada Cuevas, Michel Farnier, Ele Ferrannini, Paola Fioretto, Jacques Genest, Henry N. Ginsberg, Antonio M. Gotto, Dayi Hu, Takashi Kadowaki, Tatsuhiko Kodama, Michel Krempf, Yuji Matsuzawa, Jesus Millan Nunez-Cortes, Carlos Calvo Monfil, Hisao Ogawa, Jorge Plutzky, Daniel J. Rader, Shaukat Sadikot, Raul D. Santos, Evgeny Shlyakhto, Piyamitr Sritara, Rody Sy, Alan Tall, Chee Eng Tan, Lale Tokgozoglu, Peter P. Toth, Paul Valensi, Christoph Wanner, Alberto Zambon, Junren Zhu, and Paul Zimmet, “Residual macrovascular risk in 2013: what have we learned?,” Cardiovascular Diabetology, vol. 13, 2014.
- Barbara Cybulska, and Longina Klosiewicz-Latoszek, “The HDL paradox: what does it mean and how to manage low serum HDL cholesterol level?,” Kardiologia Polska, vol. 72, no. 8, pp. 681–686, 2014.
- S Skovsø, J Damgaard, J J Fels, G S Olsen, X A Wolf, B Rolin, and J J Holst, “Effects of insulin therapy on weight gain and fat distribution in the HF/HS-STZ rat model of type 2 diabetes,” International Journal of Obesity, 2015.
- Daniel I. Swerdlow, Aroon D. Hingorani, and Steve E. Humphries, “Genetic Risk Factors and Mendelian Randomization in Cardiovascular Disease,” Current Cardiology Reports, vol. 17, no. 5, 2015.
- Sin-Hye Park, Ji Paek, Daekeun Shin, Jae-Yong Lee, Soon Lim, and Young-Hee Kang, “Purple perilla extracts with α-asarone enhance cholesterol efflux from oxidized LDL-exposed macrophages,” International Journal of Molecular Medicine, 2015.
- Man K S Lee, Xiao-Lei Moore, Yi Fu, Annas Al-Sharea, Dragana Dragoljevic, Manuel A Fernandez-Rojo, Robert Parton, Dmitri Sviridov, Andrew J Murphy, and Jaye P F Chin-Dusting, “High-density lipoprotein inhibits human M1 macrophage polarization through redistribution of caveolin-1,” British Journal of Pharmacology, 2015.
- Anouar Hafiane, and Jacques Genest, “High Density Lipoproteins: Measurement Techniques and Potential Biomarkers of Cardiovascular Risk,” BBA Clinical, 2015.
- Jie Han, Song Zhang, Ping Ye, Yong-Xue Liu, Yan-wen Qin, and Dong-Mei Miao, “Apolipoprotein A-I Mimetic Peptide D-4F Reduces Cardiac Hypertrophy and Improves Apolipoprotein A-I–Mediated Reverse Cholesterol Transport From Cardiac Tissue in LDL Receptor-null Mice Fed a Western Diet,” Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology, vol. 67, no. 5, pp. 412–417, 2016.
- Dean Gilham, Sylwia Wasiak, Laura M. Tsujikawa, Christopher Halliday, Karen Norek, Reena G. Patel, Ewelina Kulikowski, Jan Johansson, Michael Sweeney, and Norman C.W. Wong, “RVX-208, a BET-inhibitor for treating atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease, raises ApoA-I/HDL and represses pathways that contribute to cardiovascular disease,” Atherosclerosis, 2016.