- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Infectious Diseases
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 315834, 2 pages
Cysticercosis: Hooked by a Hooklet on Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology—A Case Report
Babu Jagjivan Ram Memorial Hospital, Jahangir Puri, Delhi 110033, India
Received 19 May 2013; Accepted 19 July 2013
Academic Editors: P. Agnamey and G. Walder
Copyright © 2013 Manav Sawhney and Shubhra Agarwal. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. T. M. Kung, D. Lee, and H. C. Yu, “Soft tissue cysticercosis. Diagnosis by fine-needle aspiration,” American Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 92, no. 6, pp. 834–835, 1989.
- R. C. Adhikari, G. Aryal, A. Jha, A. D. Pant, and G. Sayami, “Diagnosis of subcutaneous cysticercosis in fine needle aspirates: a study of 10 cases,” Nepal Medical College Journal, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 234–238, 2007.
- P. N. Vuong, “Fine needle aspiration cytology of subcutaneous cysticercosis of the breast. Case report and pathogenic discussion,” Acta Cytologica, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 659–662, 1989.
- A. Rajwanshi, S. Radhika, A. Das, N. Jayaram, and C. K. Banerjee, “Fine-needle aspiration cytology in the diagnosis of cysticercosis presenting as palpable nodules,” Diagnostic cytopathology, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 517–519, 1991.
- A. C. White Jr., P. Robinson, and R. Kuhn, “Taenia solium cysticercosis: host-parasite interactions and the immune response,” Chemical Immunology, vol. 66, pp. 209–230, 1997.
- S. Nanjeevan, K. A. Vinod, and B. Arati, “Are all subcutaneous parasitic cysts cystcercosis,” Acta Cytologica, vol. 7, pp. 223–224, 1991.
- U. Handa, S. Garg, and H. Mohan, “Fine needle aspiration in the diagnosis of subcutaneous cysticercosis,” Diagnostic Cytopathology, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 183–187, 2008.